Mag has LAG

MagWAR

First of all I just want to say thank you for taking the time to read this topic. I would like some help trying to fix my lag.

• on server I have 48 ping that doesn't really change
  • its only happened in the last month
  • it doesn't matter what graphics I have high or low
  • it mainly lags when I'm in combat
  • it happens on different servers
  • I did a speed test (thanks to mini) and it says I have good connection and 15.8MB download speed and 0.75Mb upload speed

Mini has tried to help me but nothing has worked thus far but if anyone know a way to help me or if they have any questions please get back to me

and remember Mag neverminds!

thanks guys Magwar

Maybe this help

Now, I know I titled it as a lag fix! And really is only one simple step to do.

What people often describe as "lag" on etpub, yet say their pings are fine, is quite often something else than a lag! It's your FPS dropping below what you are normally used to play on etpro, jaymod, nitmod... I'm sure some techguru can actually explain why it is like that.

I thought the same thing about etpub for a long time, and is much the reason it was mostly unplayable to me over more than 5vs5 games. People were just teleporting around me and my mouse moving like as if I had it in wrong configuration, skipping parts of the screen and suddenly appearing on a tree not my enemy. This was really because of I had standard fps like 10-30, which doesnt really translate into particularly smooth gameplay. Occasionally I got like 50-60 fps, but even then it felt as if I was behind of the actions taking place on server.

I believe this is the case is with most of you and what you say is the fault of a "server lag"

Fix is this

/com_hunkmegs 1024 or 2048

/vid_restart

- After that, type into console /com_hunkmegs and see how much ram is the game allowed to use. So long as it says any of the values behind /com_hunkmegs or showing it as "lached/cached" memory that you entered, its working if not, u need to restart et and do it again or put it into your autoexec.cfg

These are the 2 values I use myself, and I have exactly the same smooth gameplay as if I had on jaymod server! I can now set my fps to 125, 333 or whatever I want it, and most of the time, it stays there stable. So please, try it before you accuse server lagging.

I also know ET as itself, shouldnt really be able to use more than 192 or whatever amount of memory, but Ive tried this with several pc's and always had the same effect. All of the PC been much more than capable of running ET.

Cheers and I hope this proves to be useful for you guys :)

dunno how the weither is there, but had the same thing, cause of the warm moist weiter here my gf card gets realy hot and starts to "lag" specialy in combat/explosions turned the fan higher and it was fixed, just in case i put a external fan towards the open case when its extremely hot.

Try cleaning the shit out the fan area if your laptop/computer isn't new, or like Bartman said get an external fan/cooling pad and no-life the game for a bit and see if it's better.

In my old game people always used to say to check for driver updates too. Maybe that's applicable here xD

Just speaking from experience when my laptop would start to seem to struggle with gaming kinda thing.

I found something that helped me allot but I want to make sure that its safe before I continue doing it. I selected task manger (windows) when I was in et and went to the icon ET.exe I then selected priority high? this ended allot of my lag however it did say this may cause system instability so I play for 5 mins with it and had no lag. I just wanted to check with anyone who thinks this is a bad idea and may end up doing damage to my computer.

thanks magwar

Mag, do you have a dual core or, more then 1 core processor. then go to task manager and you can set the affinity of ET.exe to all cores (most of the time it's set to 1 core) that can help to.