Xmas Event

MiniMuppet

• Founders

So we are looking at hosting this years xmas party night on the Silent server, as always with full xmas mod, we will have the normal snow/xmas maps with forced atmospheric effects but please suggest any that you think may be appropriate, also we need to have a few days and dates suggested so we can get a poll started to agree on the best day.

map suggestions:

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Christmas_Tank;96318

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/Hydro_Dam;15434

http://returntocastlewolfenstein.filefront.com/file/MML_Minas_Tirith;48034

date suggestions: 20/12/2014, 29/12/2014 at 19GMT

maybe its offtopic, but, is here possibility to create some events on different mods ? Starwars/Modernfront/TCE and etc ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founders

Xmas mods and sound pack added to the silent server, 109.70.149.33:27960 or silent.teammuppet.com

Xmas maps added, atmospheric effects are forced, please suggest other maps to be added, the previous suggested do not have way points for, these can still be added on the night as bots wont be required.

Check it out and let me know over the next four days.

• Like 1

Before connection, you can download this zip file with xmas skins and etc for xmas event on silent server: http://www.game-files.eu/et/xmas/tm_xmaspack_2014.zip

How to use it:

extract this zipfile and move all .pk3 files from TM_xmaspack_2014 folder to right path in your et instalation folder ...

It should be smt like: C:\Program Files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\silent\

If you will have problem with it, let me know :)

Yush that looks nice :)

Haha everything looks brilliant.

Also some nice voice commands :)

About those voicecommands, I was wondeirng if it would be possible to assign the commands only to the numeric keys.

Since the commands are assigned to WASD (and others) it's not possible to walk around while browsing through the menu.

Ofcourse it's not that big of a problem and it might even result in less frequent xmassoundspamming, but still.

For me it would be nicer if it were assigned to 8 or 9 for example, and in there an extra menu for:

1. Fun 2. Songs(deutsch) 3. Songs(Eng)

for example.

Well that's for me ofcourse, and I dont know if it would take much time to make changes.

Anyway thing i wanted to say, maps look great. Finally the time of the year people dont look weird at me when I walk around with my wand in my hand.

And ofcourse throwing.

Nice.

Yush that looks nice :)

Haha everything looks brilliant.

Also some nice voice commands :)

About those voicecommands, I was wondeirng if it would be possible to assign the commands only to the numeric keys.

Since the commands are assigned to WASD (and others) it's not possible to walk around while browsing through the menu.

Ofcourse it's not that big of a problem and it might even result in less frequent xmassoundspamming, but still.

For me it would be nicer if it were assigned to 8 or 9 for example, and in there an extra menu for:

1. Fun 2. Songs(deutsch) 3. Songs(Eng)

for example.

Well that's for me ofcourse, and I dont know if it would take much time to make changes.

Anyway thing i wanted to say, maps look great. Finally the time of the year people dont look weird at me when I walk around with my wand in my hand.

And ofcourse throwing.

Nice.

You can in you config file bind any command to a new key. Open your cfg file in the mod you want to change, pub for instance, and find the line for the key you want to use (make sure its not in use already, to avoid conflicts) and type:

/bind <key> <comand>

Where key is the numeric key you want to change, and command is the right voice command. Do it till you have it all set, and when you start the game next time it should work.

You can in you config file bind any command to a new key. Open your cfg file in the mod you want to change, pub for instance, and find the line for the key you want to use (make sure its not in use already, to avoid conflicts) and type:

/bind <key> <comand>

Where key is the numeric key you want to change, and command is the right voice command. Do it till you have it all set, and when you start the game next time it should work.

Yeah thanks :) Sadly that's not what i like though.. Since you cant bind for example v823 (e.g. the tab "Extra" "Xmas-songs" "We wish you...".

With that way you're just limited to 4 voicecommands using the numeric keys (since 1-6 are already in use).

Sadly you cannot "browse" anymore then.

Anyway. It's not that much of a problem I guess. Good reason not to spam Xmas vsays all the time.

Why not? You can easily bind any vsay combination: http://board.twcclan.org/thread-467.html

Ty. But still doesn't solve my "problem".  It's true you can bind any vsay you want, but you can only bind this to one single key right? for example "bind n Text blalbbal vsay bla".

This binds just the single key "n" which gives you fancy colors, some text and a nice vsay.

For example:

Tho say somehting like "deploy mortar", you type something like: v8885 (or something like that)

Using the v8885 you can "browse" certain levels.

I would like to "browse" to (for example) v -> 8.

Which gives you the special sound genres list.

From there I would like to navigate to the specific sound genre.

And from there on to the specific sound.

(All using numeric keys)

Example:

1. statements

2. requests

3. commands

4. talk

5. global

6. function

7. objectives

8. EXTRA

Statements:

v1.1 – Path cleared. – Path Cleared

v1.2 – The enemy is weakened. – Enemy Weakend

v1.3 – All clear. – All Clear

v1.4 – Incoming! – Incoming

v1.5 – Fire in the hole! – Fire In The Hole

v1.6 – I’m defending. – On Defense

v1.7 – I’m attacking. – On Offense

v1.8 – Taking fire! – Taking Fire

v1.9 – Mines cleared. – Mines Cleared

v1.0 – Enemy in disguise. – Enemy Disguised

EXTRA

v8.1 – love sounds

v8.2 – German songs

v8.3 – X-mas partysongs

v8.4 – w/e

love sounds

v8.1.1 "I love you... (mini)"

v8.1.2 "Careless whisper.mp3"

v8.1.3 "I was made for loving..."

So for example if you'd like to hear some George Michael you press the v812 combination.

V81 to browse to love sounds. And the 2 to choose the particular song and execute it.

I don't there is a way to bind this yourself right? :(

But anyway, it's not that much of a problem I guess.

It's true you can bind any vsay you want, but you can only bind this to one single key right?

No. You underestimate the power of ET configs. You can bind not only that specific menu, but the whole soundpack with 3 to X keys depending on the usage. With 3 keys you can for example bind Page Up, Page Down and End to the 3 following actions:

- go up the list and echo the current music title

- go down the list and echo the current music title

- execute the sound

Then use "vstr" to combine these three. This will of course work well only for a few sounds. Here's a more basic proof of concept with one-way list: http://wolfensteinet.com/a-vstr-cycle/

And for more than a few sounds more keys will be most likely needed to generate a more advanced "menu".

• 2 weeks later...

sad news lads. .. i must apologize, but i cant be on this event :/ i am forced to stay in my work and i will be online on sunday .. Hope, that you will enjoy this event and also hope that you understand why i cant be with you :/  ...sorry for all who prepaired this event ...such a shame i really want to be part of it :/ .... Have great time on it!