Shooting problem

divine_one

Hello!

Since i'm playing ET on a laptop i have a problem - when i'm just running trough the map sometimes i start shooting without pressing ANY shoot button. Shooting continues till no bullets left or till i'll press LMB.

I have changed the mouse for another, but it did not help.

Guys, any ideas?

mate, if you have laptop, it could be sw problem with key-repeating function or shortscut for some tools on you laptop ... For example dell's laptop know gestures and many things that could be handled in wierd way ... Try to check / or use attached keyboard (via USB) and normal USB mouse and if problems persist, try to install some kind of keylogger - i know how wierd it sound - but you need to know, what shortcut or keymap is trigger for it (and keylog can show you this) ...

2nd way is quite complicated but really clean - use msconfig (if you have win XP or W7 and try to disable all app thats are runned after system starts / or after login). If its still persist, try to UNINSTALL your touchpad and ACPI drivers and it also can help (and replace it by standard MS drivers) ....

Dunno how to help you more, but if you will have time, let me know, run TeamViewer and i will try to review your system and give you some advice what to do next ....

It could be something as simple as forgetting to turn your touchpad off. Can't tell you how many I've been like "wtf is wrong with my mouse" to realise my touchpad is on and I keep touching it lol.

lol charlie .. i am quite sure that it cant be his problem :D ... you know, you are unique one - same like for example hmmm ...  joker :D :D :D ....bwahahaahahahahahahh lol btw ... it could be good point for drunk posters :D :D :D:sofa:

but deffo ... you have a point ... usually it is connected with normal peripherals and also normal sw ... so ... you can have real and clever truth :D

Honestly when you work customer service and go through all the complicated tech stuff to get something working, only to realise 35 minutes later something isn't plugged in that the customer didn't realise ... you get used to starting from the bare basics xD

lol charlie .. i am quite sure that it cant be his problem :D ... you know, you are unique one - same like for example hmmm ...  joker :D :D :D ....bwahahaahahahahahahh lol btw ... it could be good point for drunk posters :D :D :D:sofa:

but deffo ... you have a point ... usually it is connected with normal peripherals and also normal sw ... so ... you can have real and clever truth :D

Touchpad and mouse were the very first things that i have checked.

I'm too tired now, but tomorrow i must deal with this problem. It's pretty annoying you know...  :wallbash:

Honestly when you work customer service and go through all the complicated tech stuff to get something working, only to realise 35 minutes later something isn't plugged in that the customer didn't realise ... you get used to starting from the bare basics xD

Can confirm, so true.

Happens sometimes when pen falls on my wacom that mouse goes crazy, so if you have a pen tablet check it as well =D