Syringe accuracy at main Legacy server

With regards to syringe accuracy I haven't noticed anything out of ordinary except two cases:

1. It can be difficult to hit with syringe when trying to revive without teamkill, which is a new mechanic. I don't have any examples for this since it's has been some time since I last played on main TM server, but its pretty common and I don't know if it's intended or not. The hitbox seems rather small, and it seems like you can't revive while moving? not really sure.
  2. Enemy player corpse, gibbed or not is blocking the revive hitbox. You can still find an angle that will work so it's not guaranteed that someone will come to this conclusion in the middle of action. I think especially when corpses don't need to overlap each other perfectly. I had a clear case of this yesterday in which I got laughed at :d https://streamable.com/b5vckh. This issue is reported though https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/issues/1418

I didn't see anyone here mention neither of these situations, so maybe there is a chance that some of the complains about syringe accuracy are related? Or maybe everyone knows about it and just omitted it knowingly just like I did since I joined the forum.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ryzyk said:

I had a clear case of this yesterday in which I got laughed at :d https://streamable.com/b5vckh

Now who would be such a moron to laugh and roast you for something like that... :whistle:

Yeah the syringe accuracy seems to be a bit off and to emphasise the team play aspect and encourage medic to revive I think it would be better for it to rather be "too easy" than for it to require surgical precision. 

Sorry for off topic: I've also always thought picking up a gun from ground is sometimes a bit bugged and too hard in ET. Is this something that no one else has complained about or has been looked into?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Lepari said:

Now who would be such a moron to laugh and roast you for something like that... :whistle:

I know right? Probably someone jealous about my skills 8)

52 minutes ago, Lepari said:

Sorry for off topic: I've also always thought picking up a gun from ground is sometimes a bit bugged and too hard in ET. Is this something that no one else has complained about or has been looked into?

Definitely there is a problem sometimes where it takes several tries to pick a different eligible weapon from the ground. Also correct me if I'm wrong but I think it was and probably still is present in vanilla ET, at least ETPro. I haven't seen anything regarding this issue but I might have just missed it. If I get into this situation again I will save a demo and report it if I won't find anything about it.

• Like 1

A new WIP build is now running live on `/connect etlegacy.com`.

It might or it might not fix issues, we'll not know until this is stress tested. Unfortunately, the ET:L team is too small to do any kind of large scale testing, so providing a well tested build depends on all of you.

We'll soon come up with an alternative way to increase public testing.

What exactly was changed? Only things related to syringe accuracy or more? For example was enemy blocking wounded fixed? I tried testing it but with only bots its hard and didn't manage to. I haven't really feel anything off about syringe accuracy (I've started playing in march after 9 years so for me its just normal) so I don't think I can help with that.

Also what's up with just killed players bodies moving so much there? Is it intended? It looks like it happens to moving enemies even on flat ground. Im pretty sure it doesn't happen so much on server with build v2.76-1002-g588e294. EDIT: After a second, I think it could be bot related actually.

Edited by ryzyk
more stuff 2

Short version: explosion rework, and an attempt to fix whatever happened that produce strange issues on main server (issues we can't reproduce locally).

Long version: many background changes were done, but that's mostly irrelevant for TM.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:58 PM, ryzyk said:
  1. It can be difficult to hit with syringe when trying to revive without teamkill, which is a new mechanic. I don't have any examples for this since it's has been some time since I last played on main TM server, but its pretty common and I don't know if it's intended or not. The hitbox seems rather small, and it seems like you can't revive while moving? not really sure.

For me, healing with the syringe is easier while crouching and aiming at the body/legs. In my experience it has like 90% success rate. Feels like the hit box is shorter than the model.

Edited by MRKL

45 minutes ago, Spyhawk said:

I don't know what's "revive without teamkill". Maybe you're referring to "healing without teamkill"? This is a separate Lua script modification that isn't part of the base game.

Yes, I was referring to healing with syringe without teamkill. I didn't know that it's just a script. I thought I read somewhere about it on the ETLegacy github as an idea to add to the game but maybe I'm misremembering it, or maybe not but it was added as a script but I'm too lazy to try and find it now so nevermind then.

3 hours ago, MRKL said:

For me, healing with the syringe is easier while crouching and aiming at the body/legs. In my experience it has like 90% success rate. Feels like the hit box is shorter than the model.

Alright thanks for the tip :)

Yeah, that's likely it: because some people thought the dead hitbox was too hard to reach, we've increased specifically for syringe (and syringe only). However, that means the syringe hitbox doesn't match the model hitbox anymore: it's bigger in the base game... and lower when the model is standing with that script. ¯\(°_o)/¯

23 hours ago, Spyhawk said:

Long version: many background changes were done, but that's mostly irrelevant for TM.

The server not working as it should be makes at relevant for TM imo.