Jessica is not a good admin Pt 2

Oldman

I'm probably one of the last to complain, but... getting kicked without any warning because throwing an allies nade on Beach Invastion from outside into the axis top spawn bunker, to send a camper - in this case Jessica - to oblivion, is imho a bit over the top. Especially given that allies were raped several maps in a row. Just my two cents. I can imagine that administrating is sometimes not easy. But that felt not wrong, but stupid, and precious rights in wrong hands. I've seen that this is not the first time that Jessica seems to do some questionable adminstration, so maybe it's not the complainers, but the admin...  

Best,
Oldman

Dear Oldman, I posted 5 times in Main chat to all Allies, not to use granade, mortar or panza, and You still did.

Allies had 2 snipers who kept windows very clean, so axis players who shot from windows get killed like within 5 sec by snipers.

Another discussion can be that Allies can get raped in that map ( ETBeach ), especialy when 19 vs 19 players, but thats doesnt mean allies can do what they want and ignore rules.

I was on the server when this happened. Jessica warned at the beginning of the map that spawnkill with heavy will lead to kick. Then documented every kick in public chat not to repeat the failure of others. So there was some kind of warning.

On the other hand i absolutely agree to you, that spawnkilling rules are enforced in a strict way which might seem stupid. And i fully agree that there are more important rules to comply like keeping teams even (without autoblancer, and giving responsibility back to players and members to make the server fun for both teams), stop insults, ... .

I think Jessica is a great admin and one of my favorite members, but i dont like the way the whole spawn killing rule enforcement thing is going, when admins just spec spawn to warn/kick at the right time... . It is sad if game just get lost because of spawnkilling, so enforcement seems important to some. Nobody (maybe one :)) has fun warning/kicking people, that is for sure.

Hey there.

The rules are enforced so heavily on some maps, like Beach, because we have idiots that just do whatever they want then feign ignorance or innocence. This is why chances are few and far between. We give the benefit of the doubt to newer players but not to regulars. I'm not saying this is your case but this is just in general. For the map in question a TM member usually ends up babysitting to make sure there isn't any spawn killing, as it can be devastating on this map for axis. I can 100% tell everyone that not one person likes to sit in spec and watch people in case rules are broken, not one of us likes to have to warn again and again and again, not one of us likes to have to kick people ... or worse. We're here to play ET.

Admins will check the logs and so on as per usual regarding any complaints against us. We will get back to you in due course.

• Like 2

spawnkilling rules are enforced in a strict way which might seem stupid

I, like prly 99 out of 100 other players on the TM servers, don't have any problem with it, on the contrary. Although it might be subjectively assessed by the admin where claimable spawns begin and where thy end... Anyway, I won't argue here, because that can never be solved 100%.  

I argue that posting a wall of 100 words of text in chat at the beginning of a round alone does not necessarily help the SK problem, a problem btw, which in case of today's round I haven't seen from an Allies perspective. However, warning players with a note why the warning was filed, and kicking after a number of warnings (depending on the severty of the SK) presumably is more effective; that's prly why in the past warnings have been filed. I haven't noticed any warning in this match. (Correct me if I'm wrong: I've also not been given any warning.) And being kicked because of one nade that nullified one player for a few seconds is still... ridiculous...

Opinions...   

We will get back to you in due course.

Thanks Charlie, but nevermind. Let's rather play than checking records. If Jessica agrees with some points I've made, good, if not, also good.

8 minutes ago, Oldman said:

And being kicked because of one nade that nullified one player for a few seconds is still... ridiculous...

Opinions...   

here's my 2 cents as I've kicked several people and even Banned permanently for the constant spawn killing and breaking rules. 

Beach is an awesome map, i do enjoy playing but unfortunately i havent played that map lately as i had to sit spec and watch spawn for the whole time and warn, gib, freeze people. It is really frustrating you warn 5-6 people for the same exact thing, then you gib these said people for the same reason...when they dont keep listening you have to use kick. It sucks this happened to you but as a regular player everyone should know the "NO SPAWN KILLING" rules by now. 

Example, i kicked 4 people yesterday for the same exact reason, nade in spawn....also, whats the point of throwing nade in spawn? what do you accomplish out of that? 1 kill? big deal.....you wanna kill axis? take obj and finish the map, thats how you kill axis.

I'm going to lock this topic for further arguments, an admin will answer shortly.

• Like 2

• Jesus locked this topic
1 hour ago, Oldman said:

If Jessica agrees with some points I've made, good, if not, also good.

Hi Oldman, 

The problem is, I understand allies, but on the other hand, the Axis complain that there are panza and (Rifle) granades in their spawn.

And they say that TM does not act against Spawn killers.
This map remains a problem.
As Charlie says, none of us like to play police officer through that map every time.
I am very sorry it was you this time, but with 20 players, 3 warns, I have to warn 60 times before a kick, you inderstand that is impossible to maintain.

I did take your mail seriously, that is why I have asked to delete this map to avoid these situations.

• Like 2