Constant latences - server : ETlegacy

Caïn

Hmmm, i think it's resolution cause.

When i launch etlegacy, my window make a strange thing.

I can't record etlegacy with OBS or an other logicial, i try to resolve that but nothing happen. I can record everything but not ET.

If i play with wolfenstein 2.6b i don't have latences, but , i've weird graphism and is not smooth... confortable... so, i dont understand this fu... game . LOL .

We had some major lag issues yesterday, so there might be some issues with the new build on the server.

As for the not being able to record using OBS - are you using a laptop? And, if so, does it have Optimus? That is, a low-power GPU (usually Intel) and a high-power nVidia GPU that it switches between? I've had nothing but trouble with those, and it's possible that OBS or ET aren't using the correct GPU.

If you are using win10 try the Xbox Game Bar to record your gameplay. Also to eliminate config is the issue just rename the ETLegacy folder in the Documents so it will generate everything new.(Pro Tip: rename it to "ETLegacy2" then after testing delete the new generated one and rename this old one back so everything is back the way it was before). Then try to play with vanilla settings and see if your problem is still there (yes it will be weird for you but see if you still have the main problem)

I checked your cfg - first of all change com_hunkmegs to 256, com_maxfps to 125 (there is no need to have more than this), set com_soundmegs to 192. You need to check megs settings because they are depending on your memory size. For me personally i change rate to 45000. Try set r_primitive to 2. I dont know what is the limit for megs cvars but i was forced to set them on shortcut because if i was doing this in game i had them latched.

This is my shortuct: D:\Gry\ET\etl.exe +set com_hunkmegs 512 +set com_zonemegs 64 +set com_soundmegs 512

image.png.f252561b93fc61e80b92b8d8ff461c87.png

If you set to much of megs you will get error that something cannot allocate.

Edited by lost

6 hours ago, Caïn said:

Yop StarScream,

Yes i've a laptop and i use "Optimus".

Ok.. this is sounding quite familiar. Optimus was phased out because it's flaky at the best of times, and there have been issues between Intel drivers and nVidia ones under optimus. Windows Update may have given you a graphics driver (probably Intel) that flakes out under optimus. OBS and other recording software have issues with optimus too. My last laptop had optimus and I am so glad my new one doesn't.

For starters:

Right click your desktop, click 'nvidia control panel,' then click 'manage 3d settings.' Look for ET in the dropdown list and make sure it's using your nvidia gpu.

22 hours ago, Caïn said:

For information,

when i'm using ET 2.6 and not Etlegacy, problems are not the same, hitbox seem good lol...

Is there a reason you want to play using the ETL client and not 2.6? If 2.6 works fine, why not use it?

The Both Minimuppet, i try the 2.76 and the 2.76.1 nothing change ^^

I using Etlegacy , cause it's better, 2.6 is weird, i can't see clearly my environment , not like etlegacy, and it's better for aiming.. I dont know how to explain that but, i prefer to play with etlegacy, more confortable, more interesting.