Just got myself a new PC.

For the curious:

Ryzen 9 5900x Liquid Cooled

Radeon 9600XT Liquid Cooled

32 GB Ram@3200MHZ

2TB Samsung EVO M2 SSD

BeQuiet 1000W PSU

On Topic.

When in Game the Sounds are kind of disorted.

Sounds like emulated 3d Sound, even tho i have nothing like this enabled.

In any other Game i dont have Issues, only ET.

Using the same CFG as i have used before, also having a Realtek Sound Chip as it was before...so im puzzled what the actual Issue is.

Its just kinda hard to play like this since  the Sounds kinda dont make sense...sounds like somebody is behind me, while hes right beside me.

Any Ideas welcome!

Is the game using the right sound device? It's probably wrong but there's a digital sound thing and a normal sound thing for me anyways. For example I have the monitor output, headphone output and digital output. The digital one sounds lounder and different at least for me, maybe et is using the wrong output? It could also be using other different sound settings in the "configure" menu greyed out but I've never had an issue where it affects only a specific game.

Also nice computer, looks beefy!

sound1.jpg

Just check in ET options System -> System sound control if its SDL2 or OpenAL, there was an update about a month ago and I also had some issues with sound after that. When I changed to SDL2 it worked again as intended.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, nini said:

Just check in ET options System -> System sound control if its SDL2 or OpenAL, there was an update about a month ago and I also had some issues with sound after that. When I changed to SDL2 it worked again as intended.

Noticed that Setting in Game when i tried it, but didnt make a difference.

/EDIT: Right now in Game, now everything seems back to normal...no Idea what it was.

Thanks for the Help. :)

Edited by Boosted

Just now, Boosted said:

Noticed that Setting in Game when i tried it, but didnt make a difference.

Do you have the same issue with any other game? Are you able to record that muffled sounds and if yes, then is it muffled also when played back?

• 9 months later...

In games, music may be missing due to faulty drivers for the sound card. The sound may disappear completely after you install a game. In this case, you will need to reinstall the drivers. The game's distribution often comes with different drivers.

If your computer doesn't have the necessary codecs, the sound in the game may also not be. Codecs were created to correctly play certain sound formats. Suppose the game was recorded sound in the format "flac." If your computer doesn't have this codec, the sound in the game will not play. There may still be a data malfunction. Maybe salvagedata.com can help you.

Edited by capurro21s
  • Like 1