Multikill announcer feedbacks

Hello all,

so it has been almost 3 weeks now since we added the multikiller announcer feature on our ETL1 main server (please join our discord via discord.teammuppet.com if you are not in already!!) and it's time to provide your feedbacks and ideas for improvement.

I believe there is room for enhancement and we can tweek several items around it. 

As a reminder, here is how it works as of today:

• self banner message on client side + self sound message on client side
  • multikills within 1second
  • display and sound depending on amount of kills:
    • 2 = double kill
    • 3 = multi kill
    • 4 = mega kill
    • 5 = ultra kill
    • 6 = monster kill
    • 7 = ludicrous kill
    • 8 = holy shitttttt

So far these are the main ideas I have gathered from several regular players, please do not hesitate to add to this list and give your ideas:

• go beyond 8 kills (up to 9? 10?) with new sound and display
  • decrease banner duration --> this is not a server controled setting but a client one, you etiher have to modify the banner duration on in-game settings menu, or tweek the cg_bannerTime cvar on your config. I think by default it's 1000 (10s) but you can reduce it to 2s or whatever
  • increase kills window duration --> from 1s to 1.5s or 2s?
  • change display --> from current !!!!!MULTIKILL!!!! to remove "!!!!" or any other
  • make top tier multikills server wise announcement --> from 6+ maybe?

Thanks!

Hey Flo :D 

We can always go above 8kills but idk how often it happens

Perhaps the kill window can be 1sec for 4 kills and below *and* 2sec for 5 kills and above?

I would remove the "!" as well, but that s a detail

I would make the server annoucement, perhaps even from 4-5 and above. Tbh 6 multikill is very not common :D 

Could we make the same server annoucement when an engi destroys an obj? Perhaps only the primary objective as gun controls? And potentially with flag also only for the attacking size?( and limit it to one flag capture  per game so no spam?)

I feel that these annoucements are a nice new touch, so the game does not become very boring. 

I agree with Marco pretty much,

but I would only want a server announcement from 5+ tbh, thats because thats when potentially the time changes from 1sec to 2 secs, not SUPER common but got to remember its 25v25 when server is full, and that makes multi kills ALOT easier, I wouldnt want spamming with annoucements for less than 5 when its full etc

I think the 1 sec should stay for less than 5, not increase the time between so that it counts

Not sure what macro is talking about for the objective announcements, so I dont agree with that :)

Edited by Mani

17 hours ago, RosenCruz said:

I like it. More than 4-5 kills are usually airstrike or panzerfaust or rarely mortar stuff. Not sure if we really need to look for other options after 8 kill. Those events will be extremely rare.

Rare? not for me.. ;) ahah i need at least 10

On 2/27/2024 at 6:11 PM, Mani said:

I agree with Marco pretty much,

but I would only want a server announcement from 5+ tbh, thats because thats when potentially the time changes from 1sec to 2 secs, not SUPER common but got to remember its 25v25 when server is full, and that makes multi kills ALOT easier, I wouldnt want spamming with annoucements for less than 5 when its full etc

I think the 1 sec should stay for less than 5, not increase the time between so that it counts

Not sure what macro is talking about for the objective announcements, so I dont agree with that :)

Regarding the last point, I was thinking that the player that accomplishes an objective( like to destoy an objective, for instance gun controls at Battery/Braundorf) could receive a "reward" of a server annoucement :D 

• Like 1

The way Flo set it up seems to be near perfect :D I think there have been no complaints around it.

• go beyond 8 kills

Not sure if there is point going any higher. Hitting this 8 is already extremely rare.

• increase kills window duration

I think current 1s window is very optimal. If u go higher that means announce will be more offset with the real event so it will start looking confusing when announce happens several seconds later. Also there will be more announces due bigger time window which can get spammy and in the end the announces lose the effect as they are ment to announce. You are not suppose to get 50 announces each game. It should be more on rare side. (current setting prevents the announce spam that happens in most servers where multikill is working)

Static 1s window makes sure that those last tier kills will be rare.

• change display

remove the !!!. Add multiplier behind (maybe white color?) because only double kill gives away the exact count :D

double kill! x2

multi kill! x3

mega kill! x4

ultra kill! x5

monster kill! x6

ludicrous kill! x7

holy shitttttt! x8

• make top tier multikills server wide announcement

if implement this i agree  announce 6 and above similar to how it announces kill sprees if u want to notify the whole server of the kill (no sound - else it can get confusing again as sound is tied to self announces). Going lower will increase spam. Using it only top tier kills will keep the event more rare and special :D