High Ping

I have a pretty good rig, but being here in California my ping is really high (160-180). I'm Hooked up to the internet via cable. Was thinking about installing Fiber Optic's.

Any Ideas on how I might bring that ping down ? Also..... was on the Beginners server around 7:00 pm PST  and there was a player who's flag of country was United States but his Ping was 28 ?!?!!??!

How is that possible ?

I want that Ping  LOLLLLL !!!!

Honestly from Cali to Europe you're always gunna have 150+ ping I think. Nothing you can do about it other than move closer :D 

The guy probably used something to make the game think he's from the USA.

Playing from the US will always give you an high latency (aka ping) due to the fact that your signal cannot go faster then the speed of light ergo it takes a few thousands of a second more to reach the eu based server. 

And the dude with an us flag prolly is using an VPN with an dedicated ip to play and not get kicked from the server. 

I used to play with a lot of peeps from the us and yeah, that ping sux. 

2 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

Playing from the US will always give you an high latency (aka ping) due to the fact that your signal cannot go faster then the speed of light ergo it takes a few thousands of a second more to reach the eu based server. 

And the dude with an us flag prolly is using an VPN with an dedicated ip to play and not get kicked from the server. 

I used to play with a lot of peeps from the us and yeah, that ping sux. 

Depends on what part of the US you live in also certain areas of New York they ping 98 while where Im located in New York I get about 100 - 120 it reads 148 when you look at the scoreboard but that's not accurate anyone who has ping 28 from the states is defiantly using a vpn but if I remember the server kicks for vpn?

Edited by bustaa

42 minutes ago, bustaa said:

Depends on what part of the US you live in also certain areas of New York they ping 98 while where Im located in New York I get about 100 - 120 it reads 148 when you look at the scoreboard but that's not accurate anyone who has ping 28 from the states is defiantly using a vpn but if I remember the server kicks for vpn?

You can upgrade your VPN to use an dedicated ip so the server won’t recognise it as an vpn ip. Costs some more but that’s how I bypass the Reddit filters. 
(And no, I never use an vpn to play online games.)

Edited by Dragonkiss
Missing info

The simple answer is that ET geolocation is just not perfect  ;) it can showing wrong country flag for specific players, thats all, but for sure this player is not playing from US

Edited by lost
  • Like 1