Paul - rejected :(

Hello,

A little late but i have to do this.

First let me introduce myself...

I'm Paul, 49 yrs, divorced, 2 kids sons Niels and Rick 18 and 14 yrs.

I play et from around 2007 and i've been in following clans:

Funclan, LGclan, ETclan, TWC-clan, DK-clan, FBI-clan, ETC-clan.

LG and FBI leaved because dead, DK was a clan with friends later named SS (Shadow Strikers ).

I've been all kinda ranks from admin to leader, clan-owner, even had for a short time 2 home hosted servers.

Gaming was always in my blood, when i was young kid started with Atari consoles, later Nintendo and now i have PS3.

I'm a very social type of guy, like to be with people in rl in work, freetime in bars or at home with friends drinking beer :)

I try to game a lot and that's what i wanted to point out here...

I've played here for about 4 months now and i've been here almost every night and if i have time during the day.

Spend really a lot of time on forum as well.

I play for 10 a 15 minutes, then i go spec, sometimes i need to go spec because my kids need me.

And sometimes i just like to watch the game in spec.

Now the reason i got rejected here is because i go spec a lot ???

And the other reason is that people didn't get to know me good enough?

Well let me tell you people you had all the time in the world the past 4 months to get to know me, how much time do you need for that?

I'm sorry if i sound a bit harsh, yesterday i had a long talk with Darek on server and i recieved a mail from him which i replyed.

Nothing bad about you people and especially not a bad word to Darek.

You've been all very friendly to me but it seems the people i was friendly to decided not to accept me in the clan.

Thank you all for the chance i've got to show myself to you.

Though it's still a bit strange for me to be rejected by a clan ( never had that experience in all my former clans ), i understand why you did it.

Personally i don't believe in second chances, after all you have a picture from me now and have formed an opinion about me and i don't believe that will change in future.

I on the other hand am not intended to change my way of being who i am, or the way i play in server.

I wish to thank you all from my heart and good luck with TM :)

i will visit you from time to time but i'm not going to do my best to rejoin here in future as i think that's going to be impossible.

See ya,

Paul.

Don't know your story or how you act in our servers but if I make my decision by your reply you should be in our clan. We have a few people who have been rejected in first time but the second time they have get in. I think you have been AFK wrong time and thats why people think you spec all the time.

Havent been real active last few months so didnt get to know you so i didnt vote, people who did voten had theyre reasons

Dunno if you did but best way to get. to know people is in forum chat lot of Members like to play and not chat ingame but use forum or TS for it

Cya ingame Bart

They monitor how many hours you've clocked up playing. If TB says you've only been playing long enough to be ranked 3 hours without a good reason, they'll post it in the thread about you. If you go spec like you say it won't give you many hours played. The members just jump on the band wagon and say yes or no for any reason - stupid reasons, least they did when I could see it. The recruiting process is/was very boring and rigid with little information other than the link below and vote away.

http://et.trackbase.net/player/4775511/

But now you've made this thread, people will see the other side of you that they might not have known. I didn't get to know you much at all, but based off this I'd say you should be a TM.

Maybe recruiters should reopen the poll now everyone knows why he goes spec and stuff. TM is more than a server.

That story you just portrayed is really oversimplifying and inaccurate. Decision was not based on "amount of hours on TB"  nor by "people jumping on the band wagon" as you like to put it. All active members have given their opinion based on ingame behaviour and take it very seriously from what I can see. The members that didn't get a chance to know Paul did not cast a vote. Our recruiters take a lot of time keeping an eye on trial members, don't be disrespectful and make it seem like this decision is made without care.

Charlie knows the recruiting proces and he likes to ventile his opinion.

Paul, as far as i can say, you sure should take an second chance. Talk to your mentor and he could guild you into the right way.

Hopefully you will still be around at forums and server :)

For sure good you made this post.

well what can i say...ty all for giving your opinion here :)

I would love to be in TM, give me a trial for 27 days idc...

After reading this all i can say is ...wow...there are people who like me regardless of the votes against me hehehehe ;)

Ok serious now, i've had a long talk yesterday evening in chatroom with Mini, Toni, Slash and Venom and i liked that very much.

At least i could ventilate what i feel about this all and i got a good explanation of the rules here, although i still have the opinion that when sk is not allowed, same as camping is not allowed that should count for every map, except the maps where you have to capture spawn flag or spawn points.

I suggested to put rules apart for every map, sure it's a hell of a job, other suggestion i have here now is can someone pm me maybe in which map it's allowed to sk...that would make it easier for me to understand :D

Paul.

http://www.teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/topic/6827-spawn-killing-official-rules/

Spawnkilling uncapturable spawn isn't allowed in any map, maybe you're confused about the zones where shooting is allowed. It might help if you check them out in above link.

For instance I think you complained about spawnkill in gold rush axis final spawn, but it's actually allowed to put artillery before the spawn exits and shoot into the alleyway (no explosives). Just not into the actual spawn area around the corner.

Paul, you have my yes vote.

I'm sure the people have told you about our recruitment process by now, so I won't try to explain it again. I would just like to point out that people do take it seriously, regardless of what Charlie might think he knows.

About spawnkilling, I urge you to not open that topic again because that would lead to 3 pages of pointless discussions on it and eventually a lock on this topic. In the end, it wouldn't have changed a thing. Everybody feels different about SK, there's no way for us to set up rules that make everybody happy.

You should re-apply and start from a clean table, many ppl have done it before and most of them are here as members now.

For me the attitude is important for the trialists: stay cool, dont get mad and answer if you're talked to.

Anyways good luck with whatever you decide :)

ok all things considered....i might re-apply ;)

do i have to make a new topic or can i use the old one?

regarding sk, well it's smth i will not get used to it i guess, still think in some maps it's really unfair but ok i will read the rules about that over and over again.

also like to point out that my gameplay won't change because this is the way i like to play but i will spend more time playing then sitting spec.

i will try to communicate it more...tho sometimes my crappy internet connection is throwing me out the game...that might look like ragequit but it isn't.

furthermore i like to suggest please send me pm when i do smth wrong in your eyes, only then i can read the whole message and take proper actions.

last but not least i love this TM family, hate to see you get hurt by me or anyone else.

This is my last post here, i will drop this subject for here now as it might drawn the wrong attention, i wouldn't be the one who will give a wrong impression of me.

I'm cool and major and adult enough to know, sometimes i will be like a child but i will never whine, get mad or smth else just to get attention ;)

Paul.

Sitting in spec isn't really a problem in my opinion. I would recommend just asking members about spawnkill when you have a doubt or a question about it (ingame, on forum or chat).

I'm pretty sure most of us (members and regular players) are positive toward you, even though the decision ended up being rejection for this first trial. Trying again will be supported I'm sure :)

ok i had a loooong thought about this and although my first decision was to give it a try and go for that second trial.

but after a long and very clear talk with eagle on ts i've now decided not to go for a second trial.

i know this will maybe come as a surprise for you and maybe some people are dissapointed that i do this.

like i said before i don't believe in second chances...once people have an opinion about someone it's going to be so hard to change that.

and to be honest, i find this explanation for my rejection a bit childish and i habe this feeling that's going to be hanged over my head fo rthe rest of the time i will play in your server.

i strongly have a bad feeling...it's just like a young kid stole some candy out of a candystore and he will hear that a lot's of times after it happened and every time he passes the candy store people will point at him...oh that's the bratt who stole candy here, better watch him closely.

well let me tell you something...i've got enough experience and majority that when i do smth wrong i have to make it better, in this case i can't see the fault in being spec ( perhaps lot's of time), or even start a little convo in pm in server, i like a good discussion ( also told earlier, as long as it's an honest discussion i like that ), and i failed to see that i misbehaved in server in evry kinda way.

ok about spawn killing rules, i've read them all and i understand them now, doesn't mean i agree with it but never mind, it's there and very clear.

thank you for understanding and see you in server occassoinaly :)

Paul.

Well, first and foremost, thanks for letting us know that we shouldn't expect you to apply for tryout in the near future again. I'm sure this will put e rest on our recruiters mind for the time being so that they can live their lives without any stress.

I think it's sad that you feel this way because I think that there's a logical explaination for your "behavior" in general, and that you are nice guy with nice intentions. However, I usually happen to not share everybody else's opinion and they sadly enough don't share mine a lot either. So I'm just one guy saying this, while i lot of other guys may think the excact opposit. If I find them I will kill them, but smart as they are, they usually stay under the radar.

I hope this doesn't mean that we will not see you on our server(s) or the chat anymore. I've got used to seeing your name pop in from time to time, and i would feel like there was something missing if this just disappeared. After a long day of serious talks and helping people I would think "where's my Paul at?", just to give an example.

Maybe, if you decide to hang around and not flee to other servers (that are obviously not as good as ours), there is a chance that one day you may become an official TM Friend, with all the perks that come with it included. But untill that day, I hope you can enjoy yourself in any way you see fit.

Take care Paul.

Best regards,

Ben

I have a feeling that I am not the first person telling you this mate, but you seem a bit stubborn to me, am I right or am I wrong? ;)

no it's common sense...it was not easy to decide this because TM is a great community with great players and magnificent admins.

i just have a bad feeling of all this and i can't shake it off that easy, sorry but that's how i feel about it.

Paul.

Paul, you are not the first one there not make throw trail. Many members have been rejected first time and some 3nd time as well. They mostly keep playing at server and adapted into those small corrections there must be.

I can menten that our honored member Miraro3 have been rejected by me manny years ago ( we still have fun with it), he grow up with it and keep try to join that time, today he is more involved in this cummunity than me and manny others.

But its your own decision i just want to tell you.

Wasn't Miraro rejected for lack of good English? Paul was rejected for a misunderstanding/miscommunication. Of course I'm going off the assumption he was rejected for his lack of hours played and time in spec. If he was rejected for spawn killing? Idk, members do it, I do it, friends do it. It's just easy to pick on because it's amplified 100 times being a trialist.

Wasn't Miraro rejected for lack of good English? Paul was rejected for a misunderstanding/miscommunication. Of course I'm going off the assumption he was rejected for his lack of hours played and time in spec. If he was rejected for spawn killing? Idk, members do it, I do it, friends do it. It's just easy to pick on because it's amplified 100 times being a trialist.

:facepalm: no, there was little bit more and different things why he was rejected

ok i had a loooong thought about this and although my first decision was to give it a try and go for that second trial.

but after a long and very clear talk with eagle on ts i've now decided not to go for a second trial.

hope, that was it clear m8 :) it wasnt easy due your connection problems.

btw. thank you for this conversation :)

:facepalm: no, there was little bit more and different things why he was rejected

more issues...hmm...maybe better to put it here so everyone can see what a pain in the ass for the recruiters here i am ;)

nah this was a joke m8, before you think this was serious hahahahaha.

ow and btw i haven't got connection problems but i can't speak so hard otherwise i would have woken up the rest of the family :D

well it seems there was more wrong with me here, probably drinking too much beer ;)

oh well good luck with TM :)

Paul.

Well, Paul, I am sorry that you have made this decision. As has been said lots of people often get rejected first time but get in on a second trial. I know from experience that when people have a certain impression of you it can often seem like an uphill struggle and it's natural to worry that that impression will remain. However, it doesn't always act against you. In fact, it is often used positively as a benchmark in judging how well you have subsequently performed. Not everyone gets everything right first time; there is nothing wrong with picking yourself back up, dusting yourself off and going back at it with twice as much energy and vigour, to get that which you really strive for.

Nonetheless, you have made your decision and I respect that. I hope you will continue to play in our server and join in our conversations on forum :)

Well, Paul, I am sorry that you have made this decision. As has been said lots of people often get rejected first time but get in on a second trial. I know from experience that when people have a certain impression of you it can often seem like an uphill struggle and it's natural to worry that that impression will remain. However, it doesn't always act against you. In fact, it is often used positively as a benchmark in judging how well you have subsequently performed. Not everyone gets everything right first time; there is nothing wrong with picking yourself back up, dusting yourself off and going back at it with twice as much energy and vigour, to get that which you really strive for.

Nonetheless, you have made your decision and I respect that. I hope you will continue to play in our server and join in our conversations on forum :)

thanks m8 i appreciate your words, nevertheless is my opinion that when rejected 1st time it's not done to try for a second time or more.

why should you ever take effort in joining when you are rejected, for me it's clear that TM has high standard for me and i can't live up to that expertation.

no problem, i like it when i'm honestly judged by people but 1 time is enough for me.

i'm sure that when i join 2nd time i will have this following me and probably going to use against when again smth will go wrong here.

to be honest to all of you people...i'm already trying to join another clan, it's a very small clan with only 3 servers, i won't advertise here, i know that's forbidden, i think i'll be better of there :)

i will visit you here in forum chat and in server, cya :D