I hate ET, help me! :(

Charlie

It's me again posting my bi-weekly issue with ET     :)

Ok so I was trying to play our baserace server and had my mega low fps issues, so I tried to set r_primitives 2 as that what fixed it for me on pub and nitmod. The baserace server forces r_primitives 0 so I went in my cfg to change it there like I got suggested. But it was already at 2. After much frustration and trial and error I saved my etkey and cfg and deleted ET lol.

I re-downloaded it using the one in our download section and all is fine and dandy working. It's using 2.6b, in admin and has all the bells and whistles. I put my key and cfg and maps back in to their places and start the game. It asks me to create an alias. Ok fine. I then try to connect to pub and it gives me this error:

Download failure while getting 'http://repo.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/fastdl/CRAIGB/5845/etpub/~tmrules_6.pk3'The following packs are missing:etpub/~tmrules_6.pk3etpub/tm-140820.pk3

I went in to my config to make sure I have all the download commands set to 1 which I did. I checked the dl section but these files aren't on here. I /exec it again and /vid_restart to no avail. I ended up going to baserace to see if I could download files there and I can np and connected. I have my name there, woohoo! Wait ... why does everything look different and my aim reticule half the size of my screen? Fuck sake. I /exec'd stuff again, reconnected and nothing would change. I'm still stuck with server forced r_primitives 0 there too.

I also lost my levels on nitmod, even though I'm using the same key.

I'm at my wits end with this stupid game     :D    Can someone help me out? Give me an ET I can just ... play how I want it lol. A-level ICT doesn't prepare you for this.

TLTR: Can't download from pub, can't load up any cfg, help me     :P

I'm 23 years old and I am getting grey hair, now I know why.

Edited by Charlie
  • Like 1

I'd suggest to delete also your old maps and let the server load it for you. Sometimes these gets corrupted while moving from place to another and might cause similar issues.

Nitmod has it's own etkey btw :D

Also the primitives should be ok, since server is forcing it in beetween 0-2.

Oh and rename your cfg to something else than autoexec, because nitmod greates also cfg named autoexec.

//EDIT: I am on server and i have primitives set @ 2, so it could be something in your cfg or the name of it if it is autoexec.

Edited by Smirre

Okay I deleted all my maps and deleted autoexec.cfg. Loaded up ET and /exec etconfig.cfg. I got an additional error when connecting to pub:

Download failure while getting 'http://repo.gamingdeluxe.co.uk/fastdl/CRAIGB/5845/etpub/~tmrules_6.pk3'The following packs are missing:etpub/~tmrules_6.pk3etpub/tm-140820.pk3etmain/italyfp2.pk3

I connected back to the baserace server and not a single thing changed. I reconnected and /exec etconfig.cfg again too. Primitives still stuck at 0 too.

post-522-0-32536100-1428002378_thumb.jpg

This is what my etmain looks like. It has baserace.pk3 and xxxxmain.pk3 because I connected to baserace, and venice.pk3 because I couldn't wait 17 mins to download that from nitmod lol.

post-522-0-72064300-1428002495_thumb.jpg

And if it helps any this is my config. Careful, it has my super secret hax in it.

etconfig.cfg

I messed around a little and I *think* I fixed my config issues. It loaded up right on baserace when I went back. I still can't connect to pub but it's a start     :)

You were right about maps possibly being corrupted too I think. I couldn't be bothered to wait 15 mins to download school for nitmod so I restored it back to etmain from my recycle bin, and it said there was a wrong checksum or something in the pk3 and tried to download a new school.

Edited by Charlie

After I uninstalled my first ET I downloaded this one from the site and applied the 2.6b patch from filefront or whatever:-  http://teammuppet.eu/home/index.php?/files/file/21-wolfet-full-custom-install/

The only thing being a pain in the arse now is pub refusing to let me download any .pk3

The only thing being a pain in the arse now is pub refusing to let me download any .pk3

You are not alone in that one mate, I've had this issue as well. Had to download all maps individually such a pain in the ass.

This topic is about "Help and advice" ... other comments will be hidden ..

:spam:

Charlie: catch me on chat/TS and we can look on it via teamviewer .. it works for me without any kind of problem, so I think, it must be on your side only. After we will have a solution we will post it here...

Edited by Eagle_cz

But I like spam     :(

I downloaded them 2 files you linked Andy and it removed the download error I got with them, but I can't download a single map from the server either. It's like the whole download server is down and not just related to them 2 files? At least it seems that way for me. I can download things from every other server.

Edited by Charlie

The Fast Download for this particular server is not working. I don't know why, few days ago it was working - as much I know.

I have sent Gaming Deluxe a support Ticket, but they haven't replied yet (30mins ago), so I am moving the fast download for now to another server...

They are looking into it I am told. Till then fast download is server from somewhere else .. all good for now.

Edited by ailmanki
  • Like 1

I have made the posts hidden by eagle visible again. Its not really evil, or problematic form of spam. I see no harm in it.

Btw GD is still looking into it, 3 other servers are also affected... :(

I have made the posts hidden by eagle visible again. Its not really evil, or problematic form of spam. I see no harm in it.

Btw GD is still looking into it, 3 other servers are also affected... :(

Ok, its up to you leaders :) My idea was, that is really pain when someone searching for solution and is 'forced' to read so much spam ... Think that its better to keep this section clean (only questions & answers) but if you want this, i am silenced :D My apology to others...

Edited by Eagle_cz