Spawntimes and weapons when server have few players only

• Founders

I wouldn't change frostbite the map is normally rushed by allies.making axis spawn longer will make it even easier. Beach again is normally rushed and finished quick.

I'm not sure about goldrush_sw either allies have the cp as spawn point. So this probably should be different to normal goldrush.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:27 PM, MiniMuppet said:

I wouldn't change frostbite the map is normally rushed by allies.making axis spawn longer will make it even easier. Beach again is normally rushed and finished quick.

I'm not sure about goldrush_sw either allies have the cp as spawn point. So this probably should be different to normal goldrush.

Difference in goldrush_sw is that the obj is needed to deliver much further away and allies spawnpoint can be disabled by axis covert op. I even dont know what to do with snatch. Its actually one of the hardest map to attack if defense is good enough. its in the same category with ice for example. Beach is usually lost by axis because of their bad positioning. On the other hand - we dont have to think too hard and let the magic of public server work its magic.

So maybe increase spawn time in goldrush for a start 15/22 and see how server copes with it. 

C#

Might also be a good idea to set one of the banners up to say "we have changed the spawntimes for map X, let us know what you think about it on our forum!". It will make the people aware of the change and at the same time encourage them to pay us a visit here.

• Like 3

I completely missed this topic after crashing my laptop and forgetting my TM login :cheese:. (Btw that mailthing doesn't work most of the time, had to try like 10 times for mail reset password)

Anyhow here's my 5 cents:

Spawntime increase would give me time to roll, i'm all for :animier:(serious, i like longer spawntimes, but don't think it will be appreciated on pub server) ....... only the ratio matters, the length you got to see on maps individual. 

Why wouldn't it be possible to write a lua to change spawntimes according to players? Technically i think it's possible, anyhow doesn't seem like a solution to me. 

In global i think most of them were pretty good as they were, except for goldrush. (normal, don't change sw_gr the same because of the cp)

Don't forget lua is like PHP is to C#, peanuts :sorcerer:

On 27.06.2017 at 1:22 PM, Niki said:

15/22:

-goldrush

-battery

-goldrush_sw

done and done (I also disable heavy weapons on chicken_bucket for testing meaby this map will be more playable lets see):sofa:

Edited by Niki