Spawntimes and weapons when server have few players only

Hey.

There doesnt seem to be to many suggestions lately. I post few.

Spawntimes - we should look thru current mappool or the maps we want to add and see if spawntimes are ok. For example, in goldrush 16sec Axis spawntime in both versions make this map really hard for allies when teams are even. The same goes for braundorf. Yea, with luck and easy attitude axis players, its not that hard to get at least half objectives done. But when you have 3-5 players focused hard on defending, its almost impossible. Maybe we could make spawntimes longer in some maps.

Heavier weapons - I really do not like to play 3vs3 or 4vs4 game when I face panzer and riflenades. Maybe it could be possible to allow those things when there are more people online? Same goes for flamer. Those weapons are not allowed in official matches in 3vs3 or 4vs4 for a reason. They are balances when there are more people online but they are too devastasting with less than 10 players online.

Maybe we could discuss these 2 things?

C#

8 minutes ago, citrus# said:

Hey.

Heavier weapons - I really do not like to play 3vs3 or 4vs4 game when I face panzer and riflenades. Maybe it could be possible to allow those things when there are more people online? Same goes for flamer. Those weapons are not allowed in official matches in 3vs3 or 4vs4 for a reason. They are balances when there are more people online but they are too devastasting with less than 10 players online.

This has been suggested many times. We won't take panza away as there are people who can play only with panza and most of time they are online when others are not. 

4 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Ctrz, hereby the other topic

I sometimes see people going when its 3vs3 and someone just panzas the entire team away. If there is no script for that then gentleent agreement could also work? but if im the only one who feels that its bad for the server health then i can let it go.

C#

Spawn times can always be looked at changed if needs be. Now it's been brought up again people did ask me to make the axis spawn time on Goldrush longer, I just forgot about it :dry: It's a bit late for me now haha but maybe it's something to look at? Anything to entice people off that bridge.

We can change spawn times but I don't think it's going to help on those weird layout maps. I believe if we make a longer spawn time for the axis, allies will always win that map, so as for gold rush I will be against in making a longer spawntime. I am open for other suggestions and perhaps reconsider my opinion regarding spawntimes..

Citrus I am you biggest henchman in panzer case well its my topic Jessica quote. I suggested many times to disable atlest panzer when we play 3 vs 3 but You see vote results, if people dont want it I must respect that :(

About spawntimes I agree on few maps but not to much to not make allies so easy win. Please write suggestions I will gather it and try to change it or atlest find place hahah never done it :D

on Ts during event I remember we talked about:

goldrush, battery and I will also put snatch o and You said braoundorf? lets put concrete times how You see it?

12 hours ago, random said:

Nothing got changed usually.

Maybe times have changed but i doubt.

Spawn times have been changed many times! :D

About the heavy weapons. I hate them as much as the next guy when the teams are small, but they are part of the game and should not be limited any further as they are right now. I have ranted on this before so I'm not going to do so again :D 

• Like 1

My opinion on this has always been that there has to be a slightly longer spawntime on both sides. Spawntimes are a big part of balancing in this game since defence always has a couple advantages. The heavy weapons don't bother me because it's part of the game and the players who use them usually don't know how to use them effectively. Plus in etpro they are usually used for spawn killing when in a positional advantage which isn't allowed.

Back to the spawn times, I feel like slightly longer spawntimes won't unbalance the game all that much, especially with higher numbers of players. Something like 26-defense   18-offense feels pretty good and not at all overdone, seeing as most maps have their game times at 25min anyway. It may also discourage more spawnkilling as accidental encounters won't be so common either. A lot of maps like Frostbite, Beach and Goldrush are made with spawnaccess for the allies since it's part of the objective. With low spawn timers it gives the allies an extra disadvantage on those maps because they can't use the spawnway anymore, even when they are already so Axis sided.

@Minty we could give that a try and see how it goes.

regarding heavy weapons....i know its annoying when its 4vs4 or less or 5vs5 and someone uses panzer, flame, mortar or just sits somewhere with a Mg but its part of the game so therefore we can't remove that part unfortunately.

Isn't it possible to make the spawntime change automaticly based on the amount of players that are playing? I can see your point on for example Goldrush with many players, but 26s respawn time with a 3vs3 / 4vs4 game is insane.

Edited by 0wN1x

1 hour ago, 0wN1x said:

Isn't it possible to make the spawntime change automaticly based on the amount of players that are playing? I can see your point on for example Goldrush with many players, but 26s respawn time with a 3vs3 / 4vs4 game is insane.

No, it's not possible I think.

1 hour ago, Niki said:

we want increse spawntime to 26s its to much, well good idea but none of us can write script for that to work...

Won't not want Niki!

And you should try it before writing it off as too long I think. You can try it out for a week and after that week start a poll to see if the people think the spawn time was too high or not.

Just now, Niki said:

We already talked about it and decided we wont make drastic changes, for now we try to change spawntimes a bit and see if it helps...

Sometimes the only way to see change is by drastic changes. Can I ask what spawntimes you chose?

7 hours ago, Niki said:

About spawntimes I agree on few maps but not to much to not make allies so easy win. Please write suggestions I will gather it and try to change it or atlest find place hahah never done it :D

goldrush, battery and I will also put snatch o and You said braoundorf? lets put concrete times how You see it?

will quote myself... want to wait few days what times and maps people will suggest. I understand we dont have to make it today we can wait few days...? Will make summary and write here results. But we already speak on TS and write on forum to try increse times not from 15 to 26 but 15 to 18 meaby...

If we increase spawn times drastically we risk people getting bored of waiting half a minute to play the game. Long spawn times work on serious servers but a lot of people who play here are laid back and just want to get stuck in. If we want to fiddle around with spawn times we should do it in small increments imo - like add just 2 seconds for one or both sides on selected maps and see how it goes.

Maybe on Goldrush (can we remove it? please?) if we add 2 seconds to axis, remove 2 seconds from allies when they have the cp if we can? Would help them trot down to the bank quicker and not have to kill 2-3 spawns of axis to capture objective.

Could we maybe gather in TS one evening and talk about it a little? And is there somewhere a full rotation of maps? I think goldrush (both versions) and braundorf are the biggest problem. OK, the braundorf has the backdoor way in that relief the pain of allies a little. The amount of time in goldrush to get bank and to the truck in both versions is almost as long as 1.5 - 2 axis spawns. You run in longer map (with 2 gold) about 10-15 to the bridge. Axis that supresses allies on the way and gets killed, might be respawned again when that allied player reaches jungle (the part in the middle of map in front of axis spawn).

Its the same in fuel dump and not too much better in radar but those maps are unpopular anyway. It mostly effects maps where you have to pass enemy spawn directly to get to the objective.

And about panza - its fun for some but its destroying game for others in 3vs3 or 4vs4. The same as flamethrower indoors where enemies are effected and teammates are not. Thats just spawmming of a flamer and in supply - its also bit disturbing when capturing or defending a flag.

I know its a fun server but fun for 1 might be stress for 3-4 others.

But maybe get together in TS in weekend or some other day to talk about it?

C#

• Founders

I have never know braundorf to be a issue 8 out of 10 time allies win the map, axis usually fail to defend.

I don't play much anymore have things change and more people play axis then before? I'm just asking as increasing to much will cause more issues and even less people playing axis. So small step would be best.

We did have a different spawn added to goldrush but this caused to much spawn killing so was removed.

I think to do some of the things people are asking we need lua scripts and i don't think we have anyone who can write them.

Maybe try something and leave them for week see if the server gets more active or we lose players as the end of the day we don't want a even emptier server.

• Like 2

Guest bamby
8 hours ago, Minty said:

My opinion on this has always been that there has to be a slightly longer spawntime on both sides. Spawntimes are a big part of balancing in this game since defence always has a couple advantages. The heavy weapons don't bother me because it's part of the game and the players who use them usually don't know how to use them effectively. Plus in etpro they are usually used for spawn killing when in a positional advantage which isn't allowed.

Back to the spawn times, I feel like slightly longer spawntimes won't unbalance the game all that much, especially with higher numbers of players. Something like 26-defense   18-offense feels pretty good and not at all overdone, seeing as most maps have their game times at 25min anyway. It may also discourage more spawnkilling as accidental encounters won't be so common either. A lot of maps like Frostbite, Beach and Goldrush are made with spawnaccess for the allies since it's part of the objective. With low spawn timers it gives the allies an extra disadvantage on those maps because they can't use the spawnway anymore, even when they are already so Axis sided.

I personally agree with this well-grounded analysis. I would suggest 15 sec for attack and 20 sec for defense though, as I think 18 and 26 would be too drastic. This could be the new standard, however maps like Snatch would still need some special tinkering.

I think it was Watermelon or Klokk that asked for the snatch spawn times to be changed so we did so where axis had an 18 second spawn like they recommended. Any longer and it might be too long? I dunno. Snatch is a horrible map for the server imo.

Well the 18 / 26 spawn time is mainly based off of balance. If we can find a sweet spot in there like say 15/22 it may be better since it's not as drastic. Lining up the spawn times with each other like this makes it so you'll never be stuck in limbo for a long time since you have time to reposition etc.. I see where you're all coming from but just adding two seconds to both sides will keep giving the same problems: Synchronised spawns causes spawn killing, shorts spawns causes crowded objectives.

18/26 is s but too much. 15/22 sounds better. Let's write down a list of maps where you want to change to 15/22 (unless you want different parameters)

Edited by Jesus