Map request

It's not my most favourite map. Big back door. Kill zones. But I know stuff rolls differently on Legacy. Does it have omnibots support? I can't find my go-to link :sofa: 

@Bystry @sed @bumpermajn2 @Musher @kujaw @walden @ketiv You guys play more than me and it's better to have more opinions on map changes otherwise I'd add Minas Tirith everywhere heh. Agree/Disagree adding Navarone?

• Like 2

On 12/29/2018 at 2:37 AM, Charlie said:

(...) otherwise I'd add Minas Tirith everywhere heh. Agree/Disagree adding Navarone?

Minas Tirith.. sorry but its a server killer, map is too long and ppl dont have enough patience to finish it :)

Navarone.. im not a fan of thet map, only bots are consistent to do objective, ppl doesnt know whot to do or just dont care about that

--edit

Maybe some weird clone of baserace would be fine?

Edited by ketiv

1 hour ago, RedDwarf said:

MBL_Temple then?

Big map for the amount of players we have on the server these days.
Tournament Edition maps will be fine for the 3vs3 server.

@RedDwarf 

Have you ever played any other public server? Are you stuck in 2005? It seems like some enemy's sabotage action, trying to empty our legacy server. 

Your logic - sw_goldrush_te is bad, it's "tournament edition map" (what the hell is that anyway?) ok - then let's remove sw_oasis_te, braundorf_final, supply, frostbite, adlernest, sp_delivery_te and all of the maps used in competitive games - away with them - this is your logic and I just don't understand it. 

sw_goldrush_te - very good map, very tactical, objective-driven (players on legacy are always focused on making the objective), smaller (maximum number of players on legacy server on busy days is 8v8 human players) and shorter (shorter sometimes on public server is better, players don't get bored so fast) then standard goldrush (which should not be removed of course), more fast-paced.

https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=maplist - if you click on "Games", you will see that sw_goldrush_te is in first 15 most played maps. On publics too!

Nope, let's instead have back big-ass, exotic, liked by nobody but RedDwarf maps like Navarone or MLB_Temple which will empty the server instantly. Hey, maybe let's add Cathedral as well. Great idea! 

Where do you get these ideas from? Maybe let's first think a while what can we do to make more players connect (I'm doing it already, believe me) and make this server more attractive, JUSTIFY IT in some way and THEN post here. Remember, that you like something doesn't necessarily mean that everyone else likes it. 

You just yell "Can we have Navarone back PLS" - and that's all, without any decent argument, any voting, nothing. It's just RedDwarf that wants to have his Navarone back on the server!

So, sw_goldrush_te is one, but we could also think about other maps. Recently I've stumbled upon an interesting, objective-driven, small map called (kind of fun-map) Warmup final (https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=4870). Seems like very interesting map to play, perfect for smaller amount as well as for 12-14 human players. Of course, I don't know if it has omni-bot support. This is just an idea, something that would diversify the gameplay on the server. Another idea - perhaps we could add different versions of well-known maps like supply - for example supply night final (https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=mapinfo&idx=9358) - this one has omni-bot support for sure - or adlernest 2, or add some fun-maps to bring in something new to the server. Of course I can check it out and look for some more maps that would be suitable and bring in some diversity and fun to the server. 

Edited by Bystry

It's okay to suggest maps to us like he has, gives us a touch more work to do but meh. We'll make sure there's an agreement among the community on what is added or removed from the server, that's why I tagged you guys first. Given the feedback Nararone won't be added but keep the suggestions coming.

If you asked me to add any MLB map to any other TM server I would say no. Decent as maps go but every single time we add them to be played they kill the server. Every. Single. Time. Alas I don't know Legacy and it's community all that well yet. I'll add it to the list of "possible" additions for Legacy.

sw_goldrush_te is not on the server atm?  We'll look at Warmup and get back to you - need to see if it has bot support first. We could add different versions of maps already available and we have done it in the past on Pub. We had a lua in place to stop us playing supply and supply night back to back so people wouldn't get tired of it but the lua ended up failing. I'm happy to add a different version of one or two maps but be prepared for the possibility to play them back to back depending where votes go.

I'll do something more official about maps after the new year is out of the way and everyone is back to the good old slog at work. Get people voting and having their say and so on. Or maybe I'll get @Matu to do it :P Keep any suggestions and discussion coming. We all want Legacy to be the best it can be.

Edited by Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 1:26 PM, Bystry said:

I disagree adding Navarone.

But I'd definitely add sw_goldrush_te (dunno why it was removed?) - great map for 6on6, even better imo then standard goldrush, which is a bit too big for the number of players that we have on server.

I have no opinion about Navarone, don't remember this map.

I would totally avoid MLB maps, since they're made for much mroe players than we have on TM.

I'd be glad if we had sw_goldrush_te added to the server. Never too much Goldrush 8) Especially, that they have major differences, wouldn't be so boring to even play one after the other.