Change weapons not fast enough

Hello everybody,

in the beginning I like to thank the teammuppet team for this wonderful servers .

I have a serious problem with the speed of change weapons, I cannot change from fg to pistol fast enough , it tooks so long to change when the ammo finished, and that makes me killed a lot and makes me sad all the time because it makes me feel that I am not a good player.

pls can anyone help me to upgrade my technique .

thanks in advanced

One Thing you can do is to change the weapon before the ammo is finished. Feels faster for me. Might be Placebo.

The other Thing is to add the cvar cg_weaponcycledelay "0" (standard is 150) in your autoexec or Console.

cg_weaponCycleDelay 150 // delay between accepting a new weapon has been selected

What also works great is to bind the pistol on one of the Mouse Side Buttons.

Hope this helps you out m8 :)

Edited by sensi_
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Great Pharaoh said:

Hello everybody,

in the beginning I like to thank the teammuppet team for this wonderful servers .

I have a serious problem with the speed of change weapons, I cannot change from fg to pistol fast enough , it tooks so long to change when the ammo finished, and that makes me killed a lot and makes me sad all the time because it makes me feel that I am not a good player.

pls can anyone help me to upgrade my technique .

thanks in advanced

Play another class.

Edited by Bystry

53 minutes ago, sensi_ said:

One Thing you can do is to change the weapon before the ammo is finished. Feels faster for me. Might be Placebo.

The other Thing is to add the cvar cg_weaponcycledelay "0" (standard is 150) in your autoexec or Console.

cg_weaponCycleDelay 150 // delay between accepting a new weapon has been selected

What also works great is to bind the pistol on one of the Mouse Side Buttons.

Hope this helps you out m8 :)

Thank you very much Sensi

On 7/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, The Great Pharaoh said:

Thank you very much Sensi

yup. Turn off the autoswitch when weapon is empty and do it manually. Takes some time to get good but it gives advantage. Same way with autoreload. Its faster to keep an eye on how many bullets you have and switch out to pistols. With your fg42 you might run out of ammo fast and then its good option to switch manually as game does it slower.