Spawntimes on maps in Beginners (Nitmod server)

Hey all.

As im reading through the feedback on topic of medic related changes in beginner/nitmod server, I came across few that pointed out possible spawntime issues also. Im not currently aware what spawntimes on all map currently are, if any are different than default but lets bring that part of discussion here and go map by map basis.

@Holzi_Goldzunge you had some specific examples in mind - could you elaborate them here again (if thats not too much to ask).

On 7/10/2023 at 4:20 PM, Ctrz said:

Hey all.

As im reading through the feedback on topic of medic related changes in beginner/nitmod server, I came across few that pointed out possible spawntime issues also. Im not currently aware what spawntimes on all map currently are, if any are different than default but lets bring that part of discussion here and go map by map basis.

@Holzi_Goldzunge you had some specific examples in mind - could you elaborate them here again (if thats not too much to ask).

It feels like the spawns are too fast in general, independant of the map. On most maps, the other team will have only 1 sec difference. E.g. You're about to capture the flag on Oasis as Allied 1 sec before spawn and miss it for whatever reason, the other second Axis will respawn.

Maybe we can have an overview of map spawn times from @MiniMuppet?

Few maps were its really hard to capture due to "way to go" and spawn times are:

• Warbell - Feels like Allies spawn is also shorter than Axis (what shouldn't be while Axis are attacking)
  • Braundorf
  • Supply Depot

Just my first thoughts on this. Let me have another coffee and I might have some more examples

• Founders

warbell

set g_useraxisrespawntime 12 
set g_useralliedrespawntime 16

supply

set g_useraxisrespawntime 16 
set g_useralliedrespawntime 12

Braundorf

These are the current spawn times 4 sec difference for attacking team. Most people do not like long spawn time and the attacking team doesn't always have to win.

I am happy to make changes to the maps if people want them changing just give me the times you would like to try.

These are the times we have on the main server 

supply

set g_useraxisrespawntime 20

warbell

set g_useraxisrespawntime 12 
set g_useralliedrespawntime 22

Braundorf

In ETL servers, the trend is to keep spawntimes shorter so you could play more. But have we tried these maps with more close to original spawntimes? To make the game bit slower? We slowed the pace down a lot with medic changes. Dont know how anyone else feels for example if in warbell the spawntime for allied would be 25s and for axis 22?

Well, I guess it's not exactly the spawntime itself, but the difference between attackers and defenders. Four seconds is way too short.

If I read 20/12 on supply at ETL Server, that should also fit for Nitmod. It's not about the overall time for respawn, but the time between an attack and the respawn of defenders. Without having 3 guys at the defending spawn it's a mess to capture a flag due to the short respawns. And if you have 3 guys at defenders spawn, another SK discussion starts...

By the way - even if it's off topic: Bots on Braundorf doesn't work. Nice map with 10 real players, but a mess with bots. Allies Bots are going to the flag altough it's already captured by main gate explosion.

2 hours ago, Holzi_Goldzunge said:

If I read 20/12 on supply at ETL Server, that should also fit for Nitmod.

These times are also catered to a 20v20 server, and not the 5v5 or so that nitmod averages. It's 100 times easier to do the objective when you have 7 less people to go through and 20 less nades to avoid.

https://et.splatterladder.eu/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760769&section=mappool&mpsortfield=time&mpsortdir=asc

When you look at maps check out this link, if it works. Average time of each map. Obviously each map has different total time but you get the jist. Let's look at Supply, it lasts 13.6 minutes on average. I think the total time is 16 mins. It's usually a hard map for the attacker anyways, do we need to reduce that average? Or am I being too analytical? :D 

2 hours ago, Holzi_Goldzunge said:

By the way - even if it's off topic: Bots on Braundorf doesn't work. Nice map with 10 real players, but a mess with bots. Allies Bots are going to the flag altough it's already captured by main gate explosion.

Yeah I saw and reported that but idk why it happens. The map and the omnibots have remained the same since forever for that map.

In my opinion, the medic change was a huge shake up of the server. Let the dust settle on that, let people find out the new playstyle and so on. Changing too much at once can be detrimental.

• Like 1