Admin Abuse kick while played under qqqqqqqqqqq

nigero

Hey,

I wanted to report an incident that happened on team Mupper. I was playing with the username "qqqqqqqqqqq" when an admin, kicked me out without warning, saying I needed to "get a unique name." What's confusing is that there were players with names like ":D:>!" and ":>" on the server, so it felt unfair.

I got a bit frustrated and reconnected with the name "shitheads" to ask for an explanation. Instead of explaining, Ebo banned me for a week right away.

I think this was a bit harsh and inconsistent. It's essential that admins enforce the rules fairly and consistently. I hope you can look into this situation and make sure everyone is treated equally on the server.

Please keep me updated on what happens next. I'd appreciate it.

yeah, i just saw the replay again. it's looks like it was this Jessica guy who kicked me for unique name thing without warning anything and also banned me without warning are explaining anything. CO- owner doesn't mean you can  abuse your admin rights. 

qqqqqqqq is a pretty unique name. when does a name who offend no one warant a kick?  I just read the rules:

1. "Please use a unique name to make it easier for admin/members to manage the server."'

unique means  not similar to someone else no?  like sheep , shaep or crab, krab ?  if not how are players  with names likes this more unique then me ?  they only have symbols not even a name "-.-" , ":D:>!"

2. After you warned the player and you want to kick or ban the player, first use the !finger or !userinfo command. Post a screenshot of this or copy this info to the kicks/bans thread along with the server this was done on.

i did not get any prior warnings or anything else on the manner.

if you want i got the full replay's

grtz

I understand that the way admins handled this leaves some room for improvement. I agree with you on that.

However, it is not like you did any better. Instead of choosing something else as your name after getting kicked, you went with "shitheads". What did you think was gonna happen?

On top of that, you have registered to the forum as "nigero". Not sure what it means but you can understand what it sounds like.

Also, while unique usually means different that everything else, in this instance I think admins are looking for names that they can identify you under i.e. choosing a name that you stick with. qqqqqqqq sounds like a spam name.

I'm sure admins will figure this out. Just be patient.

Merry Christmas to all! :)

• Like 2
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

what i was thinking was gonna happen, saw i guy play under the name mongolsiii  and it was not the first time he was playing with that name so obviously nothing if he can play under that name and nog getting kick or banned when alot of admins even co-leaders saw it didn't do nothing. then why can't i play under the name shitheads. but admit about thet shitheads thing didn't i.

i was talking why iam getting kicked under the name qqq.  my real nickname is nigero and it comes from the word negro meaning black as iam from black person.

I always play under nigero or qqq, on Bio nbs server 10 years ago. and now again on hirntot hbc or any other server. 

name.JPG

Hi nigero,

If qqqqqqqqqqq is that unique, you have been warned before on 21th july of this year.

So, either the name is not very unique, or you have been warned before.
The reason for kick is to build history in loggings, because you have nothing else unique.

No reason to come back with a name like Shitheads. You could have renamed and just play with a normal, recognisable name.

image.png

Other player you mention are very recognisable, they do use 1 IP address which you apparently do not do, and their names are unique.

Furthermore, it is a mystery whu you accuse Ebo.

Edited by Jessica
  • Like 1

Hey jessica. 

because Ebo was talking to me  like a normal person. something that you showed you apparantly are not capable of doing. because you kicked me without explaining anything and banned me without explanation. 

'The reason for kick is to build history in loggings, because you have nothing else unique." this is not an explantion, this is the reason you kicked me. you still didn't tell me what is wrong about the name qqqq, you telling me for instance i don't like the color red int he name or i don't want so many qqq or there have been 2 qqq already. that is an explanation. 

don't even know of that is allowed to do but ok .  so maybe instead of having a power trip reread your own  rules again. so you can explain why the kick or ban. because my name is very very unique and always play under the same ip. so you can already stop the accusations about that.

you still  didn't explain  why you kick without speaking or saying anything  and also what is more unique about  :D:>! or -.- then my qqq name because if it is because you already know them makes no sense at all.  Because you can kick everybody who is coming to the server for the first time. 

second of all when i came back and asked explanation why not explain instead of ban or are you really incapable of explaining to a person, because if this a thing you do regularly: i might think mrmuppet or eagle has to review the way you do thinks, for some one first time on the server this looks very very poorly. 

even Sebastian guy said your handeling of the is was very very poor.

you said: "No reason to come back with a name like Shitheads. You could have renamed and just play with a normal, recognisable name" 

i did admit that shitheads name might not have been the best choose of name but still guy called mongolsiii was on server wasn't banned you speak dutch so yeah you should know what it means. i can admit when i have done something i shouldn't  have also something it looks like you can't do. how i read it it looks like you  still think your  actions where waranted . if a Co-leaders is behaving like this show a very poor  example for the rest of the members. wrong is wrong no matter the position you are in. 

you  could have  instead of kick and banning me; explained to me or asked if this is you unique name like a adult having an adult conversation. in this interaction  0 words where spoken from your side again very very poor behaviour except for me asking why i got kicked and ebo was trying to explain before you banned me there was 0 interaction.

Thats is also the reason why i thougth he might have banned me. because he was talking. 

Nigero,

We have a lot of cheaters and abusers and we need to be able to find people, even when they are offline.

When you want to play with an unrecognisable name like qqqqqqqqqqqqqqq or kgjdjfdf  you make it very hard for admins to catch cheaters, not saying you are one.

So we have to make sure we recognise you next time, and with a kick we have a history to recognise you.

About other players, when we search a name, it will give all result where that name is part of, so if someone uses i.e. name tpl it would give thousnads of hits, because its part of eTPLayer. The names you mention doesn't have that problem.

All we ask is to play with a recognisable name, and this forum is for discussion, not in game. So, no drama needed.

• Like 2

Ah, sweet now the real reason comes out. with your explanation i can finally connect the dots.

i saw the replay you connect less then 10 sec before you kicked me there we approximit 40 players on the server. in that time there is no way you could have single me out and kicked me in that timeframe without having  members or people sending you that this "qqq" is suspecious. instead of veryfing like normal people will do. innocent till proven guilty. you work backwards like totally hors***. guilty till proven innocent. good job. nice co-leader status you have there. 

looks like yet again you not folllowing your server rule:

1. Always get proof (Demos/Screenshots) before you ban or accuse somebody of cheating or of doing something illegal or of being abusive. Post the proof(s) on forums. Remember! To spectate those suspicious players, always use the "/follow playerslot" command in your console.When supplying a demo to forum, rename the demo to the player name eg. player.dm_84. Also post what server the suspected cheating happened.

2. !kick and !ban - Members who have access to this command should post in the kicks and bans thread when a player has been kicked or banned.
Before you kick or ban, warn the player with the !warn command. If there is an extremely obvious cheat you can use the ban command directly, but in most cases try to warn first.

there was no warning and there was nothing posted on the forum. so basically trying to hide you  actions of your power trip. 

with other words you kicked me so you would have history, so you could ban me next time. instead of following your rules. of spectating demos or have proof. 

well done mate. MrMupper or Eagle get your admins in check thank you. 

Well, nice try Nigero. No need to try to involve Eagle or MrMuppet. Je$$ica has been ruling the server for many years and has all latitude to do so. He’s protecting all regular players on a daily basis against cheaters/toxic people/spawnkillers/racist etc. Trying to cast such hasty asperions on him is pointless here.

All this drama for a name change..it’s just pointing out that Je$$ica took the good decision on the server to avoid endless arguments and discussion so that it doesn’t disturb server normal playing.

So in a nutshell, if an admin ask you to change your name, do it. And don’t try to be smarter or the most loud talker, it will lead you nowhere.

• Like 3

Funny how you brought up those rules even though they have nothing to do with the reason you were kicked/banned. If you want to act smart, please put in a little more effort next time.

What's the point of spectating and taking demos of someone who's breaking rule 16: "please use a unique name to make it easier for admins/members to manage the server"?

You've been asked to change your name before and were even kicked for it a couple of months ago, like Jessica showed you. If you don't do as we ask you nicely and even get back with such a stupid name, the ban is completely justified. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Flo said:

Well, nice try Nigero. No need to try to involve Eagle or MrMuppet. Je$$ica has been ruling the server for many years and has all latitude to do so. He’s protecting all regular players on a daily basis against cheaters/toxic people/spawnkillers/racist etc. Trying to cast such hasty asperions on him is pointless here.

All this drama for a name change..it’s just pointing out that Je$$ica took the good decision on the server to avoid endless arguments and discussion so that it doesn’t disturb server normal playing.

So in a nutshell, if an admin ask you to change your name, do it. And don’t try to be smarter or the most loud talker, it will lead you nowhere.

I don't think you have read anything i have said. she didn't say nothing reread it again. she kicked and banned me without saying 1 word.  meaning she didn't ask  or said anything. that the reason iam angry. hello, i ain't talking chinees no ?  if you watch my history i didn't say nothing or did nothing on the server to warant anything.  except a explenation to why i should have to change my name. 

this is how a normal admin should react. "hey qqq, can you change your name?  because on the server you need a unique name  so if we search you i don't get result of 10 000 people "

but iam convince iam not certain that if you type in qqqqqqqq with more then 5 q, you will only get 1 result back. but i can be wrong about that. 

11 minutes ago, 0wN1x said:

Funny how you brought up those rules even though they have nothing to do with the reason you were kicked/banned. If you want to act smart, please put in a little more effort next time.

What's the point of spectating and taking demos of someone who's breaking rule 16: "please use a unique name to make it easier for admins/members to manage the server"

yeah, you the one talking  i said there were co-leader on the server when mongolsiii  guy was playing. the one i was refering to was you, when i watch the replay you where there ?  "mongosiii "or "shitheads"  basically the same inappropriate name. nobody kicked or warned or banned mongolsiii.

thats why i said: " It's essential that admins enforce the rules fairly and consistently. I hope you can look into this situation and make sure everyone is treated equally on the server." why was i banned and other players are not. thats basically my entire point.  this was my first time on the server.

MY POINT if she would have asked to change name. instead of kicking and actually do here fuckign job. this situation woudn't have gone this far would it. don't try to justify his action cuz it was shitty managing of the situation. why make rules. where you state kick/banning only after you have warned them. why make rules  if you think you don't have to follow them but others do??  

22 minutes ago, 0wN1x said:

You've been asked to change your name before and were even kicked for it a couple of months ago, like Jessica showed you. If you don't do as we ask you nicely and even get back with such a stupid name, the ban is completely justified. 

if you read my post i said it wasn't me because i always play under the same IP. reread my post and understand what iam saying. MY FIRST time on the server. SHE NEVER ASKED. if she would have asked like you said i migth just have changed my name like i stated  before.

Your name Shitheads was a direct insult towards a TM admin, hence the ban. I'm not really offended by the name mongolsii and as far as I know that name is not directly linked to an admin, member or any other player in particular. He's been using that name for quite some time on multiple servers. And it's a unique name too. If you are insulted by that name, I'm all up for asking him to change it :)

22 minutes ago, 0wN1x said:

Your name Shitheads was a direct insult towards a TM admin, hence the ban. I'm not really offended by the name mongolsii and as far as I know that name is not directly linked to an admin, member or any other player in particular. He's been using that name for quite some time on multiple servers.

???? direct insult to the TM Admin, hahaha. what? absolutly not. the kick asked to have a unique name so i change it into shitheads, because i was angry. so my name, corrolated to my mood. and it is a unqiue name too. so, indeed if you are insulted by it, I would have gladly change it if they would have asked it. 

28 minutes ago, 0wN1x said:

If you are insulted by that name, I'm all up for asking him to change it :)

ASKING ??? asking ?  actually speaking to someone before kicking or banning??? Jessica did you read OWNix statement? I agree Ownix, by asking the player to change its name, instead of kicking or banning with 0 words spoken.  basically isn't  that what i have been saying all these time.

so can be so kind to lift the ban. thank you. 

Ok, I'm going to lock this topic as this isn't going anywhere. Feel free to reach out to me or another admin if you've got your anger issues under control and if you're ready for a grownup conversation.

• Thanks 1
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

• 0wN1x locked this topic