Clean Computer Tips

AbsoluteZero

Not sure where to put this... What and how do you guys clean/speed up/tune up your computers???

I like to use

CCleaner/CCEnhancer-2.5.1

TweakNow PowerPack 2011

Spybot - Search & Destroy

SpywareBlaster

Iobit Smart Defrag 2

Norton AntiVirus

MSI Afterburner.... still playing with it to overclock my video card till i get a new one or new computer.

For now i just got a 1.8ghz intel 64 bit ( witch i hate intel love amd but i missed up my other comp drunk one night)

4g dd2 ram

512 mb dd3 NVIDIA geforce 210

250g hard drive

sorry forgot to say what os... windows 7 64bit

i dont think i ever want windows 8 it looks like a big phone. i like to tweak my os in some ways i miss windows xp.

and spy bot never found anything from here or the truck forum im on.

i wanna get diablo 3 but my comp is not going to run it to well my cpu and video card are holding it back.

This may be a little off topic, but don't forget to make sure your routers are secure too, especially if you have upgraded to openwrt or ddwrt or something similiar.  While going through my logs on my firewall I noticed several hits on some specific ports.  When I returned the favour and attempted to connect to them I was let right into a busybox shell on several routers.  Seems it's automated malware that spreads through unsecured routers, probably utilizing the cgi-bin exploit or other ones that have been uncovered.

If someone wants to discuss linux security in another thread I would be happy to :)

Eh, I don't use anything. No antivirus, not any cleaners. I know what I download and I know site when I visit there.

Using Intel i5 3570k 4,8Ghz with Noctua NH-D14, 1600Mhz DDR3 8GB ram, N560GTX-Twin Frozr 3 OC/PE version, 60Gb Kingoston SSD+500Gb 7200rpm HD.

And when the pile of old puters goes over his window, he just move  :lol:

Naw, he just moves to a different window :)

Anyways, How do you guys keep a windows clean? My VM windows has gotten attacked about 106 times according to my virus scanner... Also I need to keep my windows API safe, so my wine games can run.

• 9 months later...

Got a ( Newer ) computer. lol

HP Pavilion P6120T

Intel Pentium duel core 2.60ghz cpu

Windows 7 64Bit

4 gig DDR2 Ram

500 gig hard drive

geforce 9500 gt. (i had it for a few months).

wireless mouse and keyboard (witch i gotta get used to they suck).

duel band wireless n+ (had for a year)

norton antivuris still trying to get it to work right again.

still use the same programs to clean it and what not...

• 10 months later...