Mortar on Special Delivery

Aww, that's what made the map fun again for me. <3 reactions

But by that logic, rnades and nades and panza should be removes because you can do the same through that gap in the window.

Oh. That's a bit excessive imo. Mortar used in a non ordinary way is pretty awesome. For example I remember a fragmovie in which it was being used on Aldernest to spawnkill the axis team :D

• Founders

Aww, that's what made the map fun again for me. <3 reactions

But by that logic, rnades and nades and panza should be removes because you can do the same through that gap in the window.

I think throwing a grenade or firing a panzer from inside a building into a room is a little bit different to firing a mortar in the same situation.

Oh. That's a bit excessive imo. Mortar used in a non ordinary way is pretty awesome. For example I remember a fragmovie in which it was being used on Aldernest to spawnkill the axis team :D

Constantly firing a mortar into the control room that the axis are trying to defend with no FF activated so the allies can just walk in and press the button, is a bit excessive in my opinion, regarding Adlernest, we have spawn killing rules regarding those situations.

I removed it yesterday after seeing it being fired from inside the building into the control room, this could be classed as an exploit. 

But why? It's just a tricky shot - I never saw anybody calling it hax/bug/whatever. And the mortar is fairly easy to kill - get down, fire a good riflenade, it's dead. Personally I find flamethrowers more abusive/overpowered in that map, one rambo running and flaming from elevator can open the door and win the map easily.

I personally thougt the mortar was a good way to attack, as said before, if you go below he will be one nade away from beeeing killed.

Other than that, it's hard to limit an class, i know it's just a game., but the game is made as it is. wich means, mortar in every map, if people design maps by his/her own then they might not think about the result of playing all classes. On the other side, i can tell from ow experience (army duty)  Mortar is beeing far more used then in this game ET.

Let's keep the game the game, and if you don't like the mortar spamming the window, then just kill the mortar. Pretty simular to "real life" stuff.

you guys always moaned of the mortar guy firing the cp area, many of you asked us to ban ppl, kick and gib players (including harry :D ) now that is gone....you whine cause we took the mortar off from that map? seriously, make up a decision guys <_< 

when there are like 5-6 rifle naders , 1 panza , 1 flamer on both teams

(and a sachtel from star ;) )

one mortar more or less .... -- wheres the differnts?!?!  -_-

you guys always moaned of the mortar guy firing the cp area, many of you asked us to ban ppl, kick and gib players (including harry :D ) now that is gone....you whine cause we took the mortar off from that map? seriously, make up a decision guys <_<

But ... no-one is complaining about whatever you're referring to here. Heck, nobody is complaining about the topic at hand. This is just people posting their opinions which they are entitled to.

Reread the topic and quit posting for the sake of it :P

have to say i never thought of that mort shot on that map. pretty risky business setting up there as well

Bring back the mort lol.

hate any restrictions on weapons. 

it's like saying oh theres 5 meds defending control.. lets make it 3 only meds and no healing. 

I guess my opinion doesn't matter as I don't really play on etpub anymore, but I think this is a REALLY stupid decision.

It's part of the game. The window is there for things like that. Mortar is designed for outdoors AND indoors in this game. I can show you like thousands of same kind of things in other maps.

Examples

- I can shoot mortar to near the axis spawn exit as allied in adlernest. Almost impossible to dodge (and this WOULD NOT be considered spawnkilling according to our rules)

- I can shoot mortar to CP door exit as axis in frostbite (and this WOULD NOT be considered spawnkilling according to our rules)

- I can guard the bank indoors with mortar as axis in goldrush 

That's just three examples and all of those are mortar used "wrong"/indoors. How does those differ from this one? I fail to see the difference.

Don't take it as war against mortar or hw.

I think that the idea behind the decision is to avoid situations where the map is killed immediately after the control is build.

None likes weapon exclusion but often happens that map rush = more people rage quit ---> server empty.

Well at least I read it this way  :huh:

More tips playing on server Steve!  ;)