hello

I am new here and played just a few with you

but I need helps

I am trying to install

NQ rev mod

so 

1/  I have to create for the server ftp a folder named NQRevmod right ? and add here all I need to can start the server with this mod like usual

2/for the The QMM bugfixes I will have to add the cvar like set  bf_ws 1 in the noquarter.cfg ?

3/did u used to play nq Rev mod ? and did this nq123 update is better than the original noquarter 123 ? no crash server ?

thanks you to tell me more

I think Bartmen or Smirre can help you

thanks a lot , so if u see them later please ask them to post what I have to do cuz I am not sure for folder  named NQRevmod cuz I saw for xp saved has to be set g_XPSaveDirectory "/xxxx/noquarter/xpsave" so I am very confused

cuz when u run already a noquarter server if I modify the qagames... for players  and add all the 2 news nq pk3 did it will work ?

thanks

• Founders

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Forget qmm, use ET3.00 from Trackbase as your et installation, 2.55/2.60 http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server/et300_README.txt

The easiest way is to have a valid NQ installation first before adding this mod, we used the NQ1.2.3, (compatible with ET3.00) created that directory (which for that version is noquarter) and then remove .so or .dll and replace with the qagame.mp.i386.so for the Linux version or the qagame_mp_x86 for windows, add the .pk3 files to the noquarter directory and delete your noquater .pk3 files, start your server using the +set fs_game noquarter and exec server.cfg.

Install basic et, if the servers starts then,

Install ET3.00 if your server starts in ET3.00 then,

Install what ever mod, if your server don't start in ET3.00 then you have not named the file correctly,

If your server starts but in ETmain mode then there is an issue with your mod directory or path.

Hello, my advice:

1. follow steps described by mrmuppet

2. your question about ws Crash Protection - yeah, just type (in server.cfg) seta bf_ws 1 and it should work (0 is default)

3. if you will have problems with steps above or you will have another questions, just feel free to ask :)

....also some hints you can find here: http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=Installation_Guide

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Forget qmm, use ET3.00 from Trackbase as your et installation, 2.55/2.60 http://filebase.trackbase.net/et/server/et300_README.txt

The easiest way is to have a valid NQ installation first before adding this mod, we used the NQ1.2.3, (compatible with ET3.00) created that directory (which for that version is noquarter) and then remove .so or .dll and replace with the qagame.mp.i386.so for the Linux version or the qagame_mp_x86 for windows, add the .pk3 files to the noquarter directory and delete your noquater .pk3 files, start your server using the +set fs_game noquarter and exec server.cfg.

Install basic et, if the servers starts then,

Install ET3.00 if your server starts in ET3.00 then,

Install what ever mod, if your server don't start in ET3.00 then you have not named the file correctly,

If your server starts but in ETmain mode then there is an issue with your mod directory or path.

yes I will do a try tomorrow but why did I have to forget qmm . we had somes morons this summer using the spams names and Team Changes Spam Protection

will not work ? our server is

System: ic-os-linux-16.pngET 3.00 - TB 0.7.1 linux-i386

thanks in advance

1) /ws Crash Protection

This bugfix is enabled when the cvar bf_ws is set to 1 (default). To disable this fix simply set bf_ws to 0.

2) GUID Faking (userinfo)

This bugfix prevents users from changing their GUID after they have joined the server. This is required for console mods such as etadmin_mod and etphp. This bugfix is enabled when bf_userinfo is set to 1 (default). To disable this bugfix set bf_userinfo to 0.

2b) The userinfo bugfix above prevents the user from exploiting the bug on 2.55 clients which allows them to gain referee access, (ref access can then be exploited the same way as callvote to gain rcon, will possibly be fixed in future update).

3) Team Changes Spam Protection

This bugfix allows the server to restrict how many team changes a player can make within 10 seconds. By default bf_teamchanges is set to 3 (3 team changes per 10 seconds). You can change this value to any integer to allow more/less team changes per 10 seconds. To disable this feature set bf_teamchanges to 0.

4) Name Changes Spam Protection

This bugfix works the same way as the team changes protection but for name changes. This feature is disabled by default (bf_namechanges is set to 0) as some mods and PB have this feature integrated. To enable this feature set bf_namechanges to the limit of name changes per any 10 second period.

5) Callvote Exploit

This bugfix prevents clients from injecting additional rcon commands through the callvote command. This bugfix is enabled when bf_callvote is set to 1 (default). To disable this feature set bf_callvote 0.

6) Max Connections per IP

When bf_maxcon cvar is set to any value above 0 then when more connections are made from the same IP address then the value, they will be rejected and the connection will be closed. By default the connection limit is set to 3. To disable this feature set bf_maxcon 0. This feature allows protection against an exploit which floods your server with fake players.

Hello, my advice:

1. follow steps described by mrmuppet

2. your question about ws Crash Protection - yeah, just type (in server.cfg) seta bf_ws 1 and it should work (0 is default)

3. if you will have problems with steps above or you will have another questions, just feel free to ask :)

....also some hints you can find here: http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=Installation_Guide

yes I know their site but they don't support anymore noquarter 123

I been testing their mod when Meyer was still around...............

• Founders

I launched a REV server quick just to give you information of the file structure;

post-4-0-11520000-1415038400_thumb.png

Root directory, not file highlighted is the ET3.00 renamed to you default exec

post-4-0-71461500-1415038453_thumb.png

Noquarter directory file structure

post-4-0-93999000-1415038490_thumb.png

HLSW showing the REV mod with ET3.00

thanks guys  and yes I will ask hellreturn for help if needed who hosts our usa servers and site since years now ,

I forgot to ask: with noquarter 123 we need the z_allied-gloves_fix, so I can keep right?

and I had that since we moved from the previous very old  nq versions for nq 123 xpsave.cfg.converted  cuz u have set g_xpSaveFile "xpsave.cfg"

and we don't

Marianne

thanks guys  and yes I will ask hellreturn for help if needed who hosts our usa servers and site since years now ,

I forgot to ask: with noquarter 123 we need the z_allied-gloves_fix, so I can keep right?

and I had that since we moved from the previous very old  nq versions for nq 123 xpsave.cfg.converted  cuz u have set g_xpSaveFile "xpsave.cfg"

and we don't

Marianne

yup, z_allied-gloves_fix is only matter of skins - it must work correctly...

and maybe i am wrong, but old file for xpsave seems compatible with new version of NQ - never tested it but based on source code it looks very similar, but  i've never tested this things .. sorry (but follow this wiki and you can find some differencies ... http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=XP_CVARs )

• Founders

The server writes xp to a xpsave.cfg on 1.2.3, from then on the xp of players was saved into a xpsave directory as individual files so depending on which version of NQ you use depends on whether a xpsave.cfg is required.

This may be stored in your pref-etch directory .etwolf/noquarter where the majority of mods store their xp and shrubbot files.

If you tell me exactly what you are wanting to run, ET version, mod version etc I will test this for you and give you an exact file structure and relevant paths for your installation.

The server writes xp to a xpsave.cfg on 1.2.3, from then on the xp of players was saved into a xpsave directory as individual files so depending on which version of NQ you use depends on whether a xpsave.cfg is required.

This may be stored in your pref-etch directory .etwolf/noquarter where the majority of mods store their xp and shrubbot files.

If you tell me exactly what you are wanting to run, ET version, mod version etc I will test this for you and give you an exact file structure and relevant paths for your installation.

yes I have a subfolder in  noquarter  folder named  xpsave  who store all the xps players

MrMuppet I will pm you tomorrow mine noquarter.cfg 

as soon I will have our other server running your nq 123 version I will let you know, so if u have times maybe you can come on our server to  test, I will pm you the server s ip

Ok no problem.

I just send you the infos

thanks to have a look when u will have times

and all seems oki now

just I dunno why we have the screen yellow when we load a map , just after awaiting gamestate

with the original nq 123  and

[level]

level   = 13

name    = ^1*WF* Server-Owner

flags   = *+!@

I have all the shrubbot commands  but with nq rev the command !nextmap is not working

so did a way to add a custom command like we have for:

[command]

command = endmap

exec = timelimit .05

desc = Ends current map and goes to intermission, (better than nextmap if map has been playing for a few minutes)

levels = 11 12 13

thanks

Marianne

Vsay glitches

"Ja!" sounds like "Special Ops Here!"

Team vsay "I'm a special Ops" sometimes makes a private message alert sound instead of the correct vsay. Or maybe there is a slightly different vsay that causes it. Idk.

"You got it man" sounds like "Special Ops here!"

Skin glitch

Allied Field Ops Helmet is black and yellow. Similar to like mine flags look like in teuthonia or what the loading screen looks like with NQ Rev.

and I cant fix the glow when u spec

hope here you can help

thanks

ok, here must be problems in pk3 packs .. try to look into console log and you will see info about missing files ... also here is possibility, that some shaders in pk3 are quite wrong .. sorry dunno details, share your download links and i will try to check it :) but first, try to look into console log ;)