extra servers

Lrw

when i have been playing recently i have been having alot of fun but when the servers start to get full i find it less enjoyable so maybe if the server gets to full u can get redirected to a new server that is exactly the same, also if possible have a auto kick spectaters if they have been idle for 20 or so minutes to make more space

Edited by xen on wii

It's not the spectators that seem to cause the problem xen and i are experiencing.
The real problem imo are too many players on 1 crowded map this problem also starts it's other flaws of the game/server (too many nades,heavy weapons, atillery, airstrikes and teamdamage.)

Xen solution might actually solve the problem but it's probably something legacy or the server isn't capable of doing?
And ofcourse there is also the question do u really want to change stuff to the server because the server does get alot of players, but with this problem i do notice people leave the server because of it.

If there would be like games like 10vs10 it would be managable for all players everybody got his liking imo. But when there are too many players it kinda ruins the game for everybody.
But i must say it really pleases me to see the server still gets this much attention.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Voidhead said:

Imo the real problem is that people still vote for the smallest maps in the pool when we have a full server going , allthought i cant think of a solution for that 

isn't there an script for map voting for it? Like if there are 30+ players on the server the map voting cycle adapts to it so you can only vote for the bigger maps.

• Like 1

We already had that discussion somewhere not long time ago ...

here: https://teammuppet.com/home/forums/topic/17239-legacy-needs-a-bigger-boat/

IMO atm its not a big issue,that awkwardly full server is only for about 2 hours in prime time what is great considering its summertime but i believe we need to do something and discuss it over when summer ends and more people comes.

Edited by Matu

1 hour ago, Matu said:

IMO atm its not a big issue,that awkwardly full server is only for about 2 hours in prime time what is great considering its summertime but i believe we need to do something and discuss it over when summer ends and more people comes.

It's true it is only for a short period of time, but it would be nice if people would stick longer so the server has a population of 20/30+ for the whole evening(day).
But you are right it might be better to wait untill the summer ends.