ETL overhaul maps

14 minutes ago, uips said:

There is ETL version of adlernest in map rotation. Supply Depot and Frostbite are original versions although ETL versions of those maps are out as well. Is there a reason why not to swap them with ETL versions?

Well, the main reason why we didnt upload them all was because of some fps drops. Few players have still bricks as pcs and they cant handle the "better" graphics...

I have not noticed FPS drop on adlernest or seen anyone complain about fps lag even when server is full. I dont know the impact of other ETL maps on fps. FPS changes can be tested by comparing for any FPS differences in certain spots or paths on different versions of map.

I tried ETL versions of those maps in local host. First thing that i notice is way better environmental lightning. Original maps seem more yellowish and darker. ETL maps have white/cold lights and brighter environment. I think this will result in better detecting enemies for those "hardcore" players and the maps also look visually more appealing. Also noticed lots of detail and texture improvements.
Ā 

2021-11-21-135233-etl_frostbite_v10.jpg

2021-11-21-135322-frostbite.jpg

• Founders

When we tried the other maps we had loads of complain about fps lost and it even made people disconnect because they couldn't play.Ā  I haven't seen people complain aboutĀ adlernestĀ so this is the reason we are still using it on the server.

The new maps do look a lot better then the old version but we have to try and keep people happy on the server so as much as you would prefer them other wouldn't so for now we will not be putting them back on the main server. sorry.