Field ops charge bar recharge time

TM server settings for field ops recharge time is 60secs. Default is 40secs. (For reference here Medic recharge is 45secs , the default)

From time to time u see someone complain about this setting. I never really play field ops much myself but when i did it was the first thing i noticed. Field ops is recharging very slowly. What it did to my game play? I just did not throw as much ammo to teammates and sometimes even chose to skip the request due keeping chargebar in state of ready for airstrike/artillery. If u want to be ready for crucial moments in game it is at cost of ammo for teammates. So i was wondering where does this setting origin from and what is the purpose of it?

If it is ment to lessen arty/artillery spam then legacy has different cvars for it.

Maybe someone has some opinions about this. Why is it 60secs and not default 40secs?

5 year old topic :D If you guys wanna discuss it don't use that old topic. Use this one.

I quickly read it and it looks like people were tired of arty spam so requested longer times between shots, so a slower charge time. I remember the spam being pretty bad for some reason. Alas this affected ammo given too. The cvar looks like the answer but this was around the time we had a few issues with Legacy versions and malicious persons abusing vulnerabilities in the old version, and I guess it got forgotten about due to the severity of that issue.

We can look at it again, maybe :) 

"set team_maxAirstrikes "1" means how many times per minute arty/air can be successfully called, apparently.

Edited by Charlie

On 4/22/2024 at 9:59 AM, Stumpel said:

About recharge times, how about reduce little slower the medic selfheal bar.. So many medics there nowadays..

Dont disageee, actually I think it would be most wise to diasble the ability to syringe team mates before death as it contradicts  the game mechanic of using a revive to avoid a gib. Or at least half or 3rd it. 

• Founders

gacy_v2.76-382
set team_maxAirstrikes "0.5"
set team_maxArtillery "0.5"

These are the only setting for fieldops prefer the old settings. We changed it to try to reduce the spam of airstrikes