Smokescreens

tumblr_ob59yg74jf1uyh7k7o1_500.gif

I've had a little talk about this at the server with Jesus earlier tonight. It can be really annoying that someone uses more smokescreens than they shoot actual bullets. A smokescreen every now and then is ok. It could be useful for the objective etc. You shouldn't overdo it though. It could cause lagg for some players and it's... well, just stupid :P Can't see a bloody thing.

I was wondering. Is it possible to put a limit on smokescreens, like there is for grenades? Let covert ops start with like 2 smokescreens instead of limitless.

its possible to increase the charge time for covert ops but it would affect the satchels as well. I personally don't think they should get limited, they can be annoying indeed but that is what they are supposed to be ^^

59 minutes ago, Charlie said:

But what will kdshp do then!? :P 

He'll join forum and complain lol. I wouldn't limit it though, increasing the recharge time might be a good solution however I'm not sure if it he resets when you die 

7 hours ago, Jesus said:

He'll join forum and complain lol. I wouldn't limit it though, increasing the recharge time might be a good solution however I'm not sure if it he resets when you die 

Increasing the recharge time would be limiting it my friend :D I don't think it resets, or does it?

That really sounds like a first world problem to me :D . I think flamer is more scary indoors than smoke. And smokescreen, as Ben said, is there for a reason. I think in jaymod or NQ its possible to have not just smokescreen but poisonous smokescreen and it became really handy when someone was camping indoors.

C#

• Like 1

Guest bamby
1 hour ago, miraro3 said:

Can't see a f*cking thing.

A part of me died laughing that night, lmfao.

Legit one of the funniest memories I have of this community :laughing:

15 hours ago, miraro3 said:

its possible to increase the charge time for covert ops but it would affect the satchels as well. I personally don't think they should get limited, they can be annoying indeed but that is what they are supposed to be ^^

I have to agree with Miraro, many elements of game are annoying I personally would start from panza but we cant limit it all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bamby said:

Legit one of the funniest memories I have of this community :laughing:

110% the funniest thing that has happened here xD 

Unless.. when I think about the time that @VenoM came up with GEREGE. I cried as well.

8 hours ago, miraro3 said:

Increasing the recharge time would be limiting it my friend :D I don't think it resets, or does it?

not quite, i mean like instead of taking 2 seconds to recharge it should take 30 and we'll write a lua just for kd that whenever he joins it'll increase to 5 minutes recharge lol

All classes have their own specialities. Medic's have increased health and can selfheal, much preferred by the better shooters. Engineers win the map, preferred by objective players. When taking away those little extra's of the other classes, they will not be interesting any more at all, creating less diversity among the classes.

Smoke can be used real tactically, that's why it is there. This way there is more than only fixing the truck and rambo-shooting trough the map, creating diversity into an objective game. As an engi it is annoying to shoot a medic with a self healing capability (and more hp to begin with), but that's no legit reason to take away its medpacks, is it? Then we might as well only allow soldiers with Thompson's and MP40's only. 

That's what I think of it. :cheers:

J

Edited by Mister J
there=their

Who said anything about taking things away? I started this topic to find out what's possible on this matter and to hear everyone's opinions. If you post your opinion at least take the time to read the previous posts.

1 hour ago, 0wN1x said:

Who said anything about taking things away? I started this topic to find out what's possible on this matter and to hear everyone's opinions. If you post your opinion at least take the time to read the previous posts.

Hey man what's with the agitation? I did read all posts posted prior to mine and I was indeed just giving my opinion, not criticizing you or anybody in any way. Let's not make such contemptuous remarks as nobody is getting better of them.

Formulating it differently. Limiting the smokescreens to a given amount for me is the same as limiting for example medpacks. Which I think is no good solution. That is what the charging bar is for. Just as goes for the smoke.

But then again, this is just my point of view... 

On 7.07.2017 at 11:14 AM, Slarty said:

Lol another thing that "need" to be limited?  Why not just remove everything from all other classes then medic, then perhaps the game is more to the likings of rambos? :P

actually good idea for event. lets make one without anything just primary weapon :D ooo and better no weapons at all if you want to kill enemy you have to run to him ad make kamikadze blow :D that will be cool :D

Edited by Niki