So many medics...

Have you ever tried to limit the amount of medics in a team?
Some players are "rambo medics" and other are "medic only" but healthing their teammates.
I have the feeling that too many medics in the teams block the game. It's not the first time i see 7 medics in a team of 9 players for example.
These medics wonderfully teamplay but they can't be passed as one dead is immediately revived by another.
And too much medics make there is a lack of coverops, engies and fieldops... I never saw some players playing with another function that medic...

If you limit the Medics it wont help.

Lets say you limit to 4 Medics, then with a great Chance those 4 Players will be said Rambo Medics which only care about themselfs.

Other "real" Medics cant play the Class no more since its limited...

I rather have 3/4 of the Team being Medics than never be revived.

Well, this is the current "meta" of this game last 10 years. Medic class is the most popular (for obvious reasons) and we've nerfed it (no adrenaline for example) but to bring number of medics in team lower or deny someone this class would make people go spec (until they can play medic) or leave at all.

What is the balance with covert ops, engis or fops that you are suggesting? We're open for all suggestion but I also should warn that the amount of ideas that we have discussed and analyzed is much greater than people usually think. :)

• Like 1

I really dont like to play as axis medic, id rather go engy or field-ops but most of the time the engy class has no real use in a map after a while or when there are a lot of rambo medic's. Usually ill switch from engy to medic and try to find an engy who's willing to go all-in for objective, but most of the time when i play engy i hardly get any backup so thats my solution for the 'rambo'medic problem, but i feel your pain m8!

On 12/21/2020 at 8:50 PM, Ande said:

Imagine if there is limited medics and there is some vassilly at spawn only throwing med packs there..

In all respect, thats how Russian healthcare really works. :D