Server full autokick

I often see admins deal with it manually which is extra work and effort from admins. This process could be automated better to lessen unnecessary micromanagement.

Not sure if there is any automated system, maybe someone can clarify this?

Game already tracks inactivity to put people automatically to spec. Same could be used for  auto kick whenever server gets full? 30s warning message to player who has been in spec inactive the longest and server full auto kick when player still inactive after 30s. inactivity time for example 5min so you can spec for few mins in case of need safely and if you spec someone in purpose you can always cancel inactivity after warning message.

Very similar system already works from AFK to spec, same concept might be possible from spec to kick.

Something like this will micromanage full server efficiently.

• Like 1

No doubt it’s possible but doing it manually by an admin wil give more control of who to kick. If I’m spec and afk I always let them know to kick me first to open up an slot. Doing it automatically will no doubt give even more ‘micromanagement’ then doing it manually imho. 

2 hours ago, Dragonkiss said:

No doubt it’s possible but doing it manually by an admin wil give more control of who to kick. If I’m spec and afk I always let them know to kick me first to open up an slot. Doing it automatically will no doubt give even more ‘micromanagement’ then doing it manually imho. 

In my humble opinion, the main 2 downsides of automated afk kick from spec are:

a) if the person going afk will say "I will be back in 4 minutes, I need to go toilet" (for example) and then he still can be kicked
b) if the person who joins will also just stay in spec

I remember back in old community we used to kick all specs when server got full. All got warning and all were booted to keep it fair (with the exception of members in member slot and admin/sc slots).

42 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

a) if the person going afk will say "I will be back in 4 minutes, I need to go toilet" (for example) and then he still can be kicked
b) if the person who joins will also just stay in spec

a) inactivity would trigger in 5-10min. Same you will not put to spec automatically when u afk 5sec in team(1min time trigger?`something like that).  First u get warning and then it happens. If u stay in inactively in spec for longer time that is set (5-10min seems reasonable). Now when server is will and u have been inactive in spec for more than 10mins, you will be canditate for autokick in case of full server. And actually its not that hard to reconnect to game again if its been "unfair kick". So if its set to 10min its always safe to go spec for 10mins in a full server.

b) if u are spectating u can always stop the inactivity just like in team 30sec afk warning, move mouse etc and player will not be considered inactive.

In my opinion there is no reason to set the time for inactivity for as low as 5-10 minutes. When the server is full, there are usually people who have been in spec for several maps in a row. Instead, I would suggest a time of 15-20 minutes. If you're AFK for longer than that, it is no longer a "brb" and players would most likely understand getting kicked after that. Getting kicked over a 5min AFK would annoy me at least. If the game can't find anyone worthy of a kick, then admins could step in to ease the situation.

One other thing that came to mind was a popup in the chat, telling people to "consider joining the game as the server is full". This would prompt admins to act quicker as well, as it is not always obvious that the server is indeed full with the private slots and whatnot. Also could be a popup for the admins only, so the chat doesn't get spammed with it for the regular players who can't do anything about it.

2 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

In my opinion there is no reason to set the time for inactivity for as low as 5-10 minutes. When the server is full, there are usually people who have been in spec for several maps in a row. Instead, I would suggest a time of 15-20 minutes. If you're AFK for longer than that, it is no longer a "brb" and players would most likely understand getting kicked after that. Getting kicked over a 5min AFK would annoy me at least. If the game can't find anyone worthy of a kick, then admins could step in to ease the situation.

Ive seen spectator count up to 15players, not in full server tho, so not a problem. So inactive spectator kick after 20min all times server full or not. That way server will get rid of afk and in case of full server admin can decide what to do. Connecting back to game does not take that long anyways. Its more a lazy activity to just move urself to spec i guess and leave it so half day. Right now lets say you connect in the evening see 8 specs, server is full. You have no idea who have been afk all day who just went to eat for 15min.

Sometimes you can see admins asking those afk people "Are you there?" king of questions before kick. If something like that is active you as admin know that those spectators have not yet been inactive for over 20min. Perhaps new command for admins "inactivity report"? instead of playing detective and asking around.

Actually 20min inactivity autokick server full or not might not be a bad idea?

1 hour ago, uips said:

Actually 20min inactivity autokick server full or not might not be a bad idea?

I might have argued my point poorly but nevertheless I didn't mean people should be kicked for inactivity after 20 minutes regardless of server population. Kicking people for inactivity when the server isn't full sounds horrible.

One helpful command for admins would be something that prints all the specs and their inactivity times into the console so it's easy to pick out the AFK's. Just confirm by asking before !kick.

• Like 1

All TM members have a special command, that we use to kick specs when server is full. 
Unlike the normal kick command, where you cannot reconnect for 15 minutes, after this special command you can reconnect immediately without waiting time.