Ding

Svepa

Hello, didn't think i've ever needed to do this, but there's something up with Ding.

Yesterday (or day before) he was being overly aggressive telling me how to play the game, can't remember the map name, but I got into position and waited until the doors opened and I could get the gold, but I guess when Ding kept dying it auto specced me and his red mist was coming over and decieded to take it on me for some reason.  There's no rules to say you have to be ultra competitive as far as i'm aware.

Then the same day but later on, Ding decided to put me to spec, even though I was playing.

Then today Ding was in another mood during the Radar map, Allies was getting hammered and he kicked people for spawnkilling (to be fair the auto spawnkilling message came up for them doing Artillery, which is a no no), no manual warnings were given which if I remember correctly thats the rules for admins, !warn first then if all else fails !kick.

He kicked me for "spawnkilling" for me through a grenade on Radar, I often check the map spawnkilling and knew what I was doing was correct as per, nor did I receive the newish auto spawnkilling message, because I wasn't spawnkilling :)

I think overall he's got some anger issues and taking it out on me at least recently.

It's all very childish this, but thought i'd let you know before he drives people away who are innocently playing and not taking the piss

Hi Svepa

Thanks for your message.

First of all - there is no rule that admins/member need to warn before kick :) we can awlays check someone sk/warn/kick/ban history and based on this make decision, so if someone is constanlty spawnkilling, he can get kick right away (im not telling that you are massive spawnkiller, just wanted to clarify some things)

About sk areas and script - scripts are not perfect, so there can be some mistakes with areas and admin/member can make action based on his own feeling. Im not telling that you were spawnkilling or not but to resolve your case, demo would be appreciate

About putting spec - do not know your case, but many players are afking in spawn and we are putting them specs to not block other players etc, im pretty sure putting u spec was not to make your game worse but probably u were inactive for sometime in spawn and Ding noticed it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lost said:

Hi Svepa

Thanks for your message.

First of all - there is no rule that admins/member need to warn before kick :) we can awlays check someone sk/warn/kick/ban history and based on this make decision, so if someone is constanlty spawnkilling, he can get kick right away (im not telling that you are massive spawnkiller, just wanted to clarify some things)

About sk areas and script - scripts are not perfect, so there can be some mistakes with areas and admin/member can make action based on his own feeling. Im not telling that you were spawnkilling or not but to resolve your case, demo would be appreciate

About putting spec - do not know your case, but many players are afking in spawn and we are putting them specs to not block other players etc, im pretty sure putting u spec was not to make your game worse but probably u were inactive for sometime in spawn and Ding noticed it

It's not a hard rule, more a guideline to warn first. I do not record demos unless it's done automatically and I can retreive them?

Agreed the script isn't brilliant, but the maps in the link are, and I can throw a grenade there no problem, there is an area where I can't but it wasn't thrown there.

He's just got an issue with me lately for no valid reason, he knows exactly what he's doing

1 hour ago, Svepa said:

It's not a hard rule, more a guideline to warn first. I do not record demos unless it's done automatically and I can retreive them?

Agreed the script isn't brilliant, but the maps in the link are, and I can throw a grenade there no problem, there is an area where I can't but it wasn't thrown there.

He's just got an issue with me lately for no valid reason, he knows exactly what he's doing

For me the demos save automatically in documents > ETLegacy>Legacy>Demos

Hi svepa. 

We trust our members actions. Like lost mentioned, script is only helping hand for members. 

Warning few different players in several times is frustrating and thats why sometimes player get kicked without warning. Maybe you was victim of that. Members are having fun on server like most of people there :) 

Maybe demo if you have it somehow  clarify things.

On 11/2/2023 at 5:51 PM, Svepa said:

It's not a hard rule, more a guideline to warn first. 

Mostly when person doing bad things is a new player. If I see someone who is long-time regular and very VERY familiar with rules, I would maybe also instakick. 

On 11/2/2023 at 3:43 PM, Svepa said:

Yesterday (or day before) he was being overly aggressive telling me how to play the game, can't remember the map name, but I got into position and waited until the doors opened and I could get the gold, but I guess when Ding kept dying it auto specced me and his red mist was coming over and decieded to take it on me for some reason.  There's no rules to say you have to be ultra competitive as far as i'm aware.

I have 0 clue what are you talking about here. What red mist? What .. ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

First of all, sorry for my late reply.

1. We were playing Decay if I remember correctly, and you spent something like 5 minutes waiting behind the lines for nothing. It is of course not against the rules, but as a player yes, it frustrates me. Our server is very obj oriented, and playing so doens't help the team at all. That being said, I did nothing but ask you to be more useful to the team, that is what any player would do. At that time, I already suspected you to "abuse" the auto-spec script by the way. And then someone spotted you and you died. Please judge my words on that one as a player, not a TM Member.

2. Yes, I put you spec a few maps later. You had already missed quite a few respawns and stood there in the middle of the way out. That is annoying for everyone and, once again, you were abusing the auto spec script. Weren't you also playing panzer/bazooka at that time ? Either play, or leave it to others please. Many of our regulars either play panzer or play somewhere else, it is important we give every player a chance to enjoy our servers.

3. Yes, I kicked you and quite a few others when we were then playing Radar. Axis were very strong, and allies very weak, and we spent 12 minutes completely on lock down in our first spawn area. Is that an issue ? Not at all as long as the rules are followed. I had already asked a few times for Axis to take a step back and stop spamming in our spawn area, but at some point rules had to be enforced more strictly. This is the exact moment you threw a grenade right at my face when I was picking up a spawn-killed-teammate, hence my decision to give you a 10 minutes break. Note that you weren't the only one, there was nothing personal in the decision making process. 

I hope I could be of any help.

All my games are recorded, I can provide the files if needed.

Edited by DiNg
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 2:43 PM, Svepa said:

Yesterday (or day before) he was being overly aggressive telling me how to play the game, can't remember the map name, but I got into position and waited until the doors opened and I could get the gold, but I guess when ( ?! ) Ding kept dying it auto specced me and his red mist was coming over and decieded to take it on me for some reason.  There's no rules to say you have to be ultra competitive as far as i'm aware.

28 minutes ago, Sebast1an said:

Sorry for going offtopic but what is an auto spec script? What does it do?

There is a LUA script running on our servers that automatically put to spec players that don’t move for 30secs

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

Thank you. So abusing this script basically means standing still but moving just enough so that you don't get put to spec?

Or positioning yourself in a place where other players (teammates mostly) will run against you and move you forward. Narrow spawnexits etc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2023 at 3:36 PM, DiNg said:

Hi.

First of all, sorry for my late reply.

1. We were playing Decay if I remember correctly, and you spent something like 5 minutes waiting behind the lines for nothing. It is of course not against the rules, but as a player yes, it frustrates me. Our server is very obj oriented, and playing so doens't help the team at all. That being said, I did nothing but ask you to be more useful to the team, that is what any player would do. At that time, I already suspected you to "abuse" the auto-spec script by the way. And then someone spotted you and you died. Please judge my words on that one as a player, not a TM Member.

2. Yes, I put you spec a few maps later. You had already missed quite a few respawns and stood there in the middle of the way out. That is annoying for everyone and, once again, you were abusing the auto spec script. Weren't you also playing panzer/bazooka at that time ? Either play, or leave it to others please. Many of our regulars either play panzer or play somewhere else, it is important we give every player a chance to enjoy our servers.

3. Yes, I kicked you and quite a few others when we were then playing Radar. Axis were very strong, and allies very weak, and we spent 12 minutes completely on lock down in our first spawn area. Is that an issue ? Not at all as long as the rules are followed. I had already asked a few times for Axis to take a step back and stop spamming in our spawn area, but at some point rules had to be enforced more strictly. This is the exact moment you threw a grenade right at my face when I was picking up a spawn-killed-teammate, hence my decision to give you a 10 minutes break. Note that you weren't the only one, there was nothing personal in the decision making process. 

I hope I could be of any help.

All my games are recorded, I can provide the files if needed.

Decay, I was waiting for objective to become available that is all. This is what seemed to start your rage over a few days

Which rules were broken during in Radar? It was no SK that’s for sure.

It’s clear you have some anger management issues, so we’ll end it here if you like, if not feel free to show the videos

P.S having a drink or eating something is not auto spec abuse, nor was I doing it on purpose if that’s what you’re thinking