Even teams

Hey,

I have been in this community pretty short amount of time but I still see some things that could improve. At least in my opinion.

One really unhappy thing in my mind is the unfair teams topic. How is it regulated? If teams are uneven (one team has 1-2 more players or it is much much stronger) then who should react first? Last member to join (if no trial member is around)? The highest lvl? The lowest lvl? 

It sometimes really dissapoints me when I play in defending team (for example) and plant mines, do objective work and work hard to keep allies away. Then someone from TM joins also Axis and when 5-10sec later someone leaves allies, then no TM moves. Today we had that in Snatch map. We had even teams. Me in allies, jessica in axis. Then Tosh joined. We had 1 player more. Someone joined later Allied and it was even again. Then Muse joined and few moments later someone left allies and they were 2 down. Ofcourse I changed. But I lost all my mines, I lost all the work i did put to engiwork. Later on it was vice-versa. I joined axis. Teams were then pretty evenly matched. Minutes past and then axis had 1 more player and was much stronger. Sure, I changed teams again. Its pretty regular for me to switch teams nowadays. But that keeps me away from playing engi because a little bit inside me dies when I see all my hard work gone.

Could we regulate this better? There are certain players in my memory who seems not to care too much about teams or do not ask which team is stronger when joining evenly numbered teams. But its not cool to join attacking team in bremen for example when 3min is past and allies are driving the truck already.

Any ideas? opinions?

C#

Im not as much online as I use to be but few days ago I join in weaker team and TM members was wondering why I join in that team even team was 3vs2. I join in that team where was more players but as kills was like 50-10 to those who had only 2 players, of course I join in weaker team. To me many members seems to think even teams are when there are equal numbers of players in each team. Its not like that. 2 players can dominate 10 players and teams wont be any better if one more guy join in that 2 man team.

• Like 1

We have had EVEN discussions many times, but its still an important topic.

* fact !   Not all people even

* fact !   If a TM member moves to even number of players, that not Always even the strenght balance.

* !Balance can solve it partly

Here is a new Idea, What do you think about a new command : !BalanceTM  to move 1 TM player, and get best strenght balance ?

9 minutes ago, Jessica said:

Here is a new Idea, What do you think about a new command : !BalanceTM  to move 1 TM player, and get best strenght balance ?

Commands are fun things but our members should feel responsibility to even things up. If they just stay in teams and not care then how do they differ from regular guests? I joined TM to be part of community. To meat new people and to contribute also server well-beeing. if I dont care about the place where Im playing, then maybe one day that place will diminish. :(

C#

• Like 1

• Founders
On 6/24/2017 at 8:55 PM, Jessica said:

We have had EVEN discussions many times, but its still an important topic.

* fact !   Not all people even

* fact !   If a TM member moves to even number of players, that not Always even the strenght balance.

* !Balance can solve it partly

would be to much work and again we don't have anyone to make the script needed for this, and sometime there maybe only one tmmember on the server who isn't the a strong player so it not always best for just tm members to move.

Guest bamby
On 24.6.2017 at 11:07 PM, citrus# said:

Commands are fun things but our members should feel responsibility to even things up.

I think this is what it comes down to. No need to overregulate. Make sure your members are decent people and the rest of the community will follow suit. 

ATB would have moved Muse if it had time to kick in and he arguably should have moved when teams went uneven, but that's if I understand your post correctly .... If your in the position where your fun is affected, or the team balance will go to hell (your a good shot Citrus, it'll happen more with you haha) if you move, then just ask others in main or /mc, or let atb do it's thing and move the last to join. Although it's a last resort don't feel bad you waited for atb to kick in.

Balancing has always been an issue around. That's because there are many regular that just refuse to join axis/allies. I guess it should be common curtosy for regulars and especially members to keep them balanced. As I speak for myself I hate to play in a team that's a lot stronger, so I tend to join the weaker team. As Toni said, it's not about numbers but it's about the players in each team. Some players can make a huge difference to a team.