Legacy Maps [Discussion]

BOOM!

Now that Santa is gone back into hiding let's have a look at maps on Legacy. In the spoilers below are the current maps available to vote for. The stock 6 maps are also in the rotation which means we have 2 versions of Oasis on the server. Hmm.

To add a map to the server we need to remove a map, probably. So post below what map, if any, you don't want to see on Legacy for the foreseeable future. Also post what addition you would like to make to the map pool. Please ask for maps with omnibot support, in quiet hours the bots want to play too.

I'll leave this open for you guys to chit chat about for like a week, then I'll make a poll with everyone's choices for you to vote in. We'll look at removing 2 and adding 2 in their place. Sound fair? Just remember, if anyone wants to recommend Minas Tirith then you'll get insta-promotion to my personal secretary. First come first serve though.

Hey Charlie

Tnx 4 the topic!

Imo the maplist is a little bit to big, alot of unknown maps and not really played maps...

I would suggest to make it smaller.

Venice, TC base, Supply, Special Delivery_TE, Snatch 3, Karsiah_TE, ETL Frostbite, ETL Ice, ETL Legacy (to support the etl community), Braundorf, Adlernest, Golrush_SW (the good one), Bremen_B3, Erdenberg_T1, Missile_b3, Radar (maybe summer version), Pirates.

Extra if needed: Italy & Caen & Warbell are popular to alot of our "NoDownload" players, maybe we could let them also in our  maplist.

Edited by Dmxj

I would remove (maps which often empty the server from what I observed): Berserk_TE, Lighthouse, Market Garden R2, The River 2 Redux, Xposed. 

I would definitely add: sw_goldrush_te, ETL Ice v2

Maps that could be added (worth consideration): et_ufo_final, et_village, Supply Night version, warmup_final, Adlernest 2

There are also different versions of Fueldump (with faster tank, etc.) - maybe that would be a solution too, as Fueldump is not legacy's players favorite map. 

Generally, I think maybe instead of making the map list smaller, maybe it's possible to add more maps to vote for after each finished map?

EDIT: I WOULD DEFINITELY ADD MINAS TIRITH

Edited by Bystry

I have to admit I had no idea some of the maps were on the server. I may look at removing more than two. I'll watch and see if they are played at all over the coming week and if not they will go. If votes are tight then I'll also add more than 2 to replace them.

@Eagle_cz I think Legacy has the lua where a map is no longer available to be voted for until it's been like 10 maps since it's last play? So players won't see the same maps over and over again. That's why there's 30 ish maps in the pool, as 10 are always unavailable.

7 hours ago, Charlie said:

I have to admit I had no idea some of the maps were on the server. I may look at removing more than two. I'll watch and see if they are played at all over the coming week and if not they will go. If votes are tight then I'll also add more than 2 to replace them.

@Eagle_cz I think Legacy has the lua where a map is no longer available to be voted for until it's been like 10 maps since it's last play? So players won't see the same maps over and over again. That's why there's 30 ish maps in the pool, as 10 are always unavailable.

no, its because of 'hard limit' of maps that can be picked up by the vote - i think that almost same 'hard' limit is on the etpub. Really dunno how to change it.

attached the links of the played maps on legacy last week:
https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760479&section=mappool&mpsortfield=games&mpsortdir=desc

Surprinsingly the standard maps won :)

Now my completely personnel opinion on the map selection subject:
I would not drop/replace the standards, but i agree that Fueldump without CP spawn sucks. I would leave Oasis standard on and drop the SW TE. As it is an legacy server i would put the official ETL maps online (Ice, Frostbite, bergen).

Goldrush_SW is indeed a great map for SW.  I think If are balanced allies are in advantage to make it in 15min. So i think it is the wrong map for a public server. Regarding Goldrush, im still searching to switch spawnpoints for Bots on Allies side, to keep heavy panzer or medic fragging at depot spawn exit on decent level, when playing with min number of human players.
Never played Minas tirith but risking becoming Charlies new secretary "pls put it online!"

What has to stay warbell and italy,  just because of their lovely setting.
Karsiah, easy to learn and always fun when voted.

Any axis offense maps so they dont get bored (especially Caen).

What can be dropped, as i dont know/like them:
TC Base
, V2 Base, Berserk, Base 47, El Kef (beautiful map but seemed impossible to win for alies), Beach Invasion, Reactor, Missile

Axis attack maps are gems and very hard to find a good one.

Possible additions so far:

Any ETL map / GR_sw / Missile b3 / ufo / village / supply night / warmup / alder 2 / transmitter / saberpeak / paris bastille

Possible removals so far:

Berserk / Lighthouse / Market Garden / River 2 / Xposed /

Keep the suggestions coming. On wednesday I'll make a poll and you guys decide on it all ;) Please note though, if you want to add a different version of a map (Alder / Gr / Missile / Supply) we might have to remove the current version of it. We don't want a server with 10 maps, but 3 versions of each. We can get away with a couple but not too many.

Edited by Charlie
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 1:21 AM, Charlie said:

We don't want a server with 10 maps, but 3 versions of each. We can get away with a couple but not too many.

Imo we need to keep those standard maps. We can use different versions on other days of the year

Supply winter = xmas time

Supply night = Halloween

Great to see alot of reactions on this map rotation. Hope to see a good poll on wednesday :pleasantry:

Edited by Dmxj

• 3 months later...
23 minutes ago, Svepa said:

I played this map years ago and loved it (I believe) https://et.trackbase.net/map/112/

I remember that Map well aint bad. :)

Some suggestions from me:

Falcon2

Industry2

mlb_hotchkiss

parisbastille_b3

raw_te

saberpeak_final

subway

transmitter

v2_factory

Thats it for now :D