Longer auto-spec time

Recently a put-auto-spec was added. This thing is great to prevent people from idling too long, but in my opinion 30 seconds is a bit short. Sometimes it happens you want to quickly grab a drink or google some crazy Polish stuff someone is uttering. So my suggestion is to put that auto-spec-time to at least a minute or maybe two. 

2 hours ago, Trinorae said:

Recently a put-auto-spec was added. This thing is great to prevent people from idling too long, but in my opinion 30 seconds is a bit short. Sometimes it happens you want to quickly grab a drink or google some crazy Polish stuff someone is uttering. So my suggestion is to put that auto-spec-time to at least a minute or maybe two. 

In my opinion, it all depends. 1-2min in the middle of in the last phase of map do not sound too bad. But there is always option to go spec. But 1-2min in the beginning of map when 1-2 people are afk same time is pretty costly in a map where 1st stage is very fast.

Well to be honest, it's mostly in the beginning in the map that my reasoning would occur. I usually don't go take a drink in the middle of the map, but in the end. Opening a bottle of wine or neatly pouring a (non pilsner) beer in its glass needs its time. You can't rush it because the next map is starting. Or maybe you suddenly realise you need to take a leak as well; this happens when you suddenly stand up. So that might take a little longer than planned. 

So your suggestion is to put yourself in spec when leaving your keyboard, no matter how long you think it'll take? :-) 

6 hours ago, Trinorae said:

Well to be honest, it's mostly in the beginning in the map that my reasoning would occur. I usually don't go take a drink in the middle of the map, but in the end. Opening a bottle of wine or neatly pouring a (non pilsner) beer in its glass needs its time. You can't rush it because the next map is starting. Or maybe you suddenly realise you need to take a leak as well; this happens when you suddenly stand up. So that might take a little longer than planned. 

So your suggestion is to put yourself in spec when leaving your keyboard, no matter how long you think it'll take? :-) 

Would be fair? Dont forget that there is always also warmup time around 15-20s? But thats just my opinion. Instead of messing with that balancer time, maybe we should make warmup time longer? :)

E: Making warmup time longer would give more time to even up teams when 3-4 people leave when some "unpopular" map is voted like fueldump and it ppl just leave or when they have to download map.

Edited by Ctrz
Added evener idea

• 1 month later...