Longer warmup time

Hey.

Could we increase warmup time from current 30sec from maploading to 50sec to:

1. give people minibreak between maps
2. make sure all have downloaded map and connected
3. give time to check if teams are fine in numbers and discuss if they are fair in /mc chat 
4. decrease number of afk players at the beginning of a round as it is most crucial to have all attackers and defenders when map begins

Mr said in discord that it could be done - lets discuss its pros and cons here.

• Like 2

Imo the warm up is long enough, just change the voting time at the end of the map, so people have

1. Time enough to check the stats

2. Time enough to vote your favo map

3. We have more time to discuss the teams/players.

I think its a bit more attractive then waiting 50seconds in a spawn or getting panza teamkilled each 2 seconds

• Like 2

Interesting options being introduced here! As I agree with Seto's arguments, I agree with Dmxj to the method to achieve those goals (longer time after finishing a map). I think the warmup time of 30 seconds is long enough and that the time after finishing each map should be increased a little bit for the aforementioned reasons of both Seto and Dmxj. I guess that will make the server even more attractive in comparison to the attractiveness nowadays!

image.png

That 30sec time we have currently is not pure waiting time when your map is loaded. It starts when map is loaded in server, so in reality it is much shorter for players. Some people disconnect when map changes when they see what map comes up. Some new players need maybe time to download map. Thats why I suggested to extend time on mapload/start. Surely if all press /ready - it will start sooner but I dont see many people having that habit.

I dont think having to wait few seconds more at the beginning of map to make sure - all are online, all are ready, teams are fine is a bad trade.

Surely I think we need fine balance between voting time at the end and also in the beginning of map. So we should look this as a whole.

• Founders

It's up to you guys and Eagle, the "only" reason I would extend the warm up would be because when client's are downloading a map it gives them ample time to get on the game before the map starts, we don't use disconnect download mode because client's get moved from the team they have been playing in if we make clients do their map downloads whilst disconnected from the server but this can make teams very uneven if clients are downloading a new large map as you may see X amount of players on one team which are still in fact connecting.

if you really want this, then make a poll ... but imo our current setting is fine. Agree with Mr, that when we will add a new map (big one) this can be good way how to give ppl chance to download the map but still, i think that current settings is fine ...

53 minutes ago, Eagle_cz said:

if you really want this, then make a poll ... but imo our current setting is fine. Agree with Mr, that when we will add a new map (big one) this can be good way how to give ppl chance to download the map but still, i think that current settings is fine ...

Okay. If you see that there is nothing to be fixed then no poll is needed.

1 hour ago, Ctrz said:

Okay. If you see that there is nothing to be fixed then no poll is needed.

i only wrote my opinion. We have a free speech here so if you see it differently, make a poll ... I'm not going to change that because of 2 opinions. I wanna see majority, this is not one man show.

• Founders
1 hour ago, Eagle_cz said:

i only wrote my opinion. We have a free speech here so if you see it differently, make a poll ... I'm not going to change that because of 2 opinions. I wanna see majority, this is not one man show.

@Ctrz agreed, it's what everyone wants and you don't know until you do the poll, edit and add the poll to your first post so everyone can also view the comments.