Sniper need to be reworked....

I dont know if this is a proper place of this topic but anyway sniper class changes are terrible. First of all changing rate for fg42 made this weapon like mg with scope... some1 who is skilled with it is potentialy unbeateable.... Secondly what the heck is with jumping while using scope ? Scope is not interupted? Yesterday i saw player who was jumping with sniper class and making a lot of headshots from far distance.. this is not normal

Right now it ruin my game, when for example peukalinonen(or something like that :D) giving me 7 hs in few seconds from far distance :P if this is ok for others lets unlock 4 lvl on medic and adrenaline, this will be fun  :P

Edited by lost

3 hours ago, lost said:

Right now it ruin my game, when for example peukalinonen(or something like that :D) giving me 7 hs in few seconds from far distance :P if this is ok for others lets unlock 4 lvl on medic and adrenaline, this will be fun  :P

Really? It took 408 or 420 damage (w/o helmet) to take you down? You sure you're not already using adrenaline? 🙃

Tbh, I enjoy these changes. Scoped FG42 has been pretty much useless up until this change. Garand and even smg have been more useful long range.

I agree that FG42 is now very powerful on certain maps, such as Praetoria and Venice (on Axis). It's really good when enemy is not shooting at you and has minimal cover. Basically scoped mg like you said.

I find that short/medium range sniping head to head is not viable sadly. It's really hard to hit anything if you're being shot at. But if you find a sneaky spot, it's viable strategy.

I think these kind of changes is good for giving versatile gameplay experience. It gets boring to play same old meta weapons if you want to be competitive.

Some buffed fg42 praetoria gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WghB6vuY4XU

4 minutes ago, Nanaa said:

Really? It took 408 or 420 damage (w/o helmet) to take you down? You sure you're not already using adrenaline? 🙃

Tbh, I enjoy these changes. Scoped FG42 has been pretty much useless up until this change. Garand and even smg have been more useful long range.

I agree that FG42 is now very powerful on certain maps, such as Praetoria and Venice (on Axis). It's really good when enemy is not shooting at you and has minimal cover. Basically scoped mg like you said.

I find that short/medium range sniping head to head is not viable sadly. It's really hard to hit anything if you're being shot at. But if you find a sneaky spot, it's viable strategy.

I think these kind of changes is good for giving versatile gameplay experience. It gets boring to play same old meta weapons if you want to be competitive.

Some buffed fg42 praetoria gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WghB6vuY4XU

You know that dmg from distance is reduced right :D ? I can shoot 7 hs with smg from far distance and this not mean that enemy will be killed. For me changing mechanic of the game is wrong. Why something is upgraded and something is not available like adrenaline ? Tbh it is frustrated when some1 is coming to you with fg42 and on close range he is shooting like mg without scope and even 2 hs for him is not enough becase fire rate of fg42 is quicker than smg

3 minutes ago, lost said:

You know that dmg from distance is reduced right :D ? I can shoot 7 hs with smg from far distance and this not mean that enemy will be killed. For me changing mechanic of the game is wrong. Why something is upgraded and something is not available like adrenaline ? Tbh it is frustrated when some1 is coming to you with fg42 and on close range he is shooting like mg without scope and even 2 hs for him is not enough becase fire rate of fg42 is quicker than smg

I don't think scoped weapons have damage falloff. Will have to check source code though. For other weapons damage is halved at max distance (2500) units iirc.

Your smg is superior on medium range and still very competitive at short and long range. Not enough? Plus having extra hp by being medic, hp regen, less aim kick (current hp affects aim kick) and medpacks. I don't think adrenaline is needed.

And you can always ask a teammate to counter-snipe!

• TeamMuppet coin 1

Hitscan weapon damage fall off at max range (2500 units) for bodyshot is 50% and for headshot 20%. For example mp40 and thompson do 9 body damage and 10 headshot damage at max range.

Haven't found damage falloff code for scoped weapons. That can be tested though with +scores. Scoped FG42 bodyshot is 30, hs 60, hs with helmet 48. Scoped garand bodyshot 50, hs 100, hs with helmet 80. On local match against bots I don't get any falloff for scoped weapons.

I like the changes to the FG-42, turns the worst gun in vanilla ET to the scary paratrooper rifle it's supposed to be.
The auto-sniping can be pretty strong, but it's very hard to pull off actually since it's hard to control and inaccurate, especially if you get hit!

• Like 1

• Founders
1 hour ago, Sebast1an said:

I don't mind the improvements but some TM people have said in the past that you'd like the server to be as vanilla as possible. So this kind of goes against all that.

this I believe is from the legacy build nothing to do with us.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:31 AM, lost said:

I dont know if this is a proper place of this topic but anyway sniper class changes are terrible. First of all changing rate for fg42 made this weapon like mg with scope... some1 who is skilled with it is potentialy unbeateable.... Secondly what the heck is with jumping while using scope ? Scope is not interupted? Yesterday i saw player who was jumping with sniper class and making a lot of headshots from far distance.. this is not normal

Why are you creating this topic here? TM has no influence over the developemt of Legacy mod, like literally. It makes no sense to blame them for changes in the mod, Instead you can go over to ET: Legacy Discord and post your concerns.

I was asking in the game, where should i write about sniper and the answer was "make topic on the forum" and if I understand correctly this forum is for sharing thoughts with community about changes ;) this was my opinion about sniper changes and I was curious what others thinks about it. Im not blaming anyone about it, devs decided to made this changes, but we can discuss here about it, do we ?

Edited by lost
  • Like 1

• Founders
2 hours ago, lost said:

I was asking in the game, where should i write about sniper and the answer was "make topic on the forum" and if I understand correctly this forum is for sharing thoughts with community about changes ;) this was my opinion about sniper changes and I was curious what others thinks about it. Im not blaming anyone about it, devs decided to made this changes, but we can discuss here about it, do we ?

yes ofc we can discuss it here. However if you do have concerns the best people to talk to our the devs or if you think it could do with changing.

29 minutes ago, MiniMuppet said:

yes ofc we can discuss it here. However if you do have concerns the best people to talk to our the devs or if you think it could do with changing.

I know but before that i wanted to know what community think about changes. As we can see a lot of players are satisifed with changes so i am not gonna bother dev team.

6 hours ago, lost said:

I know but before that i wanted to know what community think about changes. As we can see a lot of players are satisifed with changes so i am not gonna bother dev team.

Don't worry lost, it may very well be nerfed later.

It can be a bit ridiculous sometimes in certain situations:  https://streamable.com/b8nv9z 😂