Allow SK with knife?

Allow SK with knife?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Allow SK with knife?

• Yes
    • No

SK rules are in place firstly to avoid situations where one team dominates spawn area during whole map duration. That can steal the fun and make people disconnect. So this is one worst case scenario that rules prevent.

To sum up SK rules:

Heavy limitations.
Light weapons for shooting back.
Allowed on capturable spawns.
SK areas for detailed info.

So here is the question about knife as it is least efficient weapon to dominate spawn yet u can pull out some sneaky fun plays.

During spawnpassing sometimes u see there "afk" enemy so u have option to continue and hope he really is afk or he will shoot u in few secs. To safely pass i would rather punish this afk by backstab as afk not tolerated in first place. There should not be an afk in spawn in perfect world :D. There is no way to kill person in spawn unless he is shooting you.

I think i have even seen people kicked for knife kill in SK area. As it is by rules every kill in area is SK.

I see more to gain than lose by allowing knife in SK area. Lets see if people agree or disagree

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TeamMuppet coin 1

5 hours ago, uips said:

...afk not tolerated in first place. There should not be an afk in spawn in perfect world :D.

And why is that? Someone is new to the game or accidentally choose wrong class (or lets say - wanna play panzer but only see that panzer is taken after spawning in with only Thompson/mp40) and is now fixing it in safety of the backspawn and some rushy person will knife and cause pointless stress? We have script for people who afk for too long but in general - afk in spawn for lets say 5 sec should not be punished or looked as 'not tolerated" because thats one safe area where you can open your beer or scratch your beard or make quick changes to your class/weapon loadout or deal with settings (lag, crosshaird, brightness of game etc).

Just pass through the spawn and if the player is truly afk then there is no need for knifing and if player is not afk then firefight will follow.

Opening that avenue of allowing some sort of right to engage battle first as spawn attacking player will open the pandora box of question "how to ensure that it was actually a kill against afk player and not just someone stabbing active people in spawn". In some maps the spawn area exit is so small that you actually have to wait in queue to exit it and someone from behind can just run through by knifing everyone. Especially in covert op uniform. Battery axis inside spawn is a good example. Or allied first spawn in frostbite.

It would be also nightmare to explain the script to somehow make sure it was actually a knifekill vs afk player.

Voted "no" as there is much more mess and troubles and problema and issues that would follow than gaining anything. Also dont see really the problem of someone needing to really worry about enemy team afk..

Edited by Ctrz
sometimes scratching beard is the best feeling ever. especially your own... :D

I voted NO too because this will cause a lot problems and complains. Spawn area is a safe place i used it sometimes to tweak small thing in cfg, change class, hud etc. It usually take only few seconds and like Ctrz wrote, sometimes you need to make some action outside the game for example: fill cup with water, talk to some1 in home etc. Im not talking about constant afkers who are joining the game and standing all the time in spawn, for this we have afk script 

• Like 2

Hello uips,

I also voted no, most points have been already made and I fully agree on that. We are not aware about what is happening behind their keyboard, ofcourse it is annoying when people really are afk but we have indeed the script for that. We can't punish people by getting stabbed in the back in the one and only area they should experience some peace to do whatever little thing they need to do and continue with their game experience. 

• Like 1

Voted no. 

Little exceptions like this open can of worms that come crawling out pretty quick. Also makes the rules harder to understand. 

I do see your point tho, not just dismissing the idea. Seems simple but if you start poking into it, I think there's a bunch of hole that can be easily exploited (like the covie stabbing full spawn). 

• Like 1

I have voted NO.

However, in some maps, in some situation I would love different rules.
But it is simply not to maintain and explain to people why we should have different rules on each map, on ech weapon.

So, to keep rules simple, I have to vote NO

• 2 weeks later...

Voted no, its really annoying to see stabbed in back just when spawned.. It feels much more unfair than little fight in in spawn.. If want shoot bypassing enemy who can open fire.. But knife in back in first sec... Better no.   Some servers has set knife as 'heavy' weapon well its its tiny but kills fast if too close..