Erdenberg sk area

Hello,

currently the Erdenberg spawnkill restrictions on axis second spawn look as pictured below. As there are multiple exits, you can't within the current rules disallow any sort of heavy weaponry, artillery or airstrikes outside the spawn (red areas or beyond). This topic is about mortar as mortar could effectively block both exits. In my opinion at least the right spawn in the image is not covered from exit mortaring as there is literally nowhere else to go.

image.jpeg

My suggestion is to widen the red area to the rest of the grey area towards the gun. This way mortaring near the exits would be disallowed but you could still throw everything else in that area to slow axis down.

image.png.866b5e5cb484b8ed9b0bd52ebcbf0506.png

Agreed! I think the counter argument is that if Axis wanted they can take the exit from spawn that goes towards West guns but if, for example, east has been planted that route is redundant. 

4 minutes ago, uips said:

something to keep in mind Mortar aoe range is quite big so using mortar on gun has chance to trigger the extended SK area (picture 2)

This was the reason for setting the protected area as it is, regarding mortar. If it was extended further, mortar won't be able to shoot on gun platform.

As for the 'how it works' : the script take position of player who got damaged by mortar (or heavy or whatever), not where the projectile lands. So you can basically extend the area that we give on forums a few meters any direction for limit of actual mortar round landing. 

58 minutes ago, Cyber said:

This was the reason for setting the protected area as it is, regarding mortar. If it was extended further, mortar won't be able to shoot on gun platform.

As for the 'how it works' : the script take position of player who got damaged by mortar (or heavy or whatever), not where the projectile lands. So you can basically extend the area that we give on forums a few meters any direction for limit of actual mortar round landing. 

Seems reasonable. Is it not possible to bring the red area further at all, even to protect only the other spawn? Because currently I'd argue exit mortaring is possible and quite effective if done right.

16 hours ago, Cyber said:

This, agree with Cyber, I think the mortar area is fine, because if you stand in the red area and get hit, they would be warned.

If you extend the area further, they cannot mortar the barrels or the gun, as the dmg would then extend into new area and get warned, even if they are not aiming there.

HOWEVER, Im pretty certain the anti-sk script on this map is not working as it should, and therefore that is why you might think the mortar is OP and needs extending, because its currently not auto warning unless you  are literally in spawn and the mortar hits you. Least from what Ive noticed when im dying/getting hit.

On 6/19/2023 at 9:38 AM, Cyber said:

Would be nice if @lost could check that, he has the knowledge of the dark arts of scripts

i checked it. Sk areas are only defined in building, this is why mortar is not warned outside the building. Need to add 2 additional areas only for mortar

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, I'm glad this topic yielded some fruit regarding the sk area, even if it wasn't what I originally intended. The reasoning behind the current setup seems well thought out so no big changes are necessary. Thank you all for your responses and effort. :)

• Thanks 1