Medic changes

Please, don't give back self-heal for the moment. The players are globally satisfied. He have no more problems of Rambo medics.
And if the medic has only one or two pistols no one would play medic.
Let it just like it is for the moment and we will see later. The players i talked with find the server funnier now, except when roberttt comes.

7 hours ago, Holzi_Goldzunge said:

I move back and use selfkill, because the round is lost for me without the ability to heal myself.

But that ruins strategy : i know you are stronger than me, i attack you, i make you the most damages i can before i die, and my support finishes my job killing you. I expose myself to make my teammate able to make the objective... i often do this as medic so my teammate can take my 3 medic packs and be stronger to finish the job.
If you self kill, i died for nothing...

2 hours ago, froggy said:

Please, don't give back self-heal for the moment. The players are globally satisfied. He have no more problems of Rambo medics.
And if the medic has only one or two pistols no one would play medic.
Let it just like it is for the moment and we will see later. The players i talked with find the server funnier now, except when roberttt comes.

But that ruins strategy : i know you are stronger than me, i attack you, i make you the most damages i can before i die, and my support finishes my job killing you. I expose myself to make my teammate able to make the objective... i often do this as medic so my teammate can take my 3 medic packs and be stronger to finish the job.
If you self kill, i died for nothing...

These are two topics.

Lets say we meet 20sec after my spawn, I kill you with 15HP left and my next spawn is in 4 seconds. It would be useless to wait another 5 seconds until someone else kills me, so the only choice is to kill myself to support my team again with full HP. I do the same if I'm out of ammo. (Guess all of these ETL players would agree on this ^^)

Edit:/ If I'm infight with you and another one your strategy works, because your mate will have 3 med packs and keeps shooting me. In that case I can't kill myself right now. But even if I could, you mate can move on.

If someone is hitting me hard right after spawn (e.g. venice 2nd spawn as Allies), I go back and start the round again. I cant push any mate to plant or drive the tank in that case, so I need full HP. 

Regarding the self heal. Please consider to "self heal" the moment a medic heals a team mate. I've seen it on different servers and with this you have to support your mates but also will benefit from it. And in the end - again - please don't increase HP of any class. If you want to adjust HP, reduce Medica maximum to 140 (instead of 154 right now)

Off-topic: @froggy You are safe from me the next days :D

Edited by Holzi_Goldzunge

5 hours ago, Holzi_Goldzunge said:

These are two topics.

Lets say we meet 20sec after my spawn, I kill you with 15HP left and my next spawn is in 4 seconds. It would be useless to wait another 5 seconds until someone else kills me, so the only choice is to kill myself to support my team again with full HP. I do the same if I'm out of ammo. (Guess all of these ETL players would agree on this ^^)

Thats the thing - its not ETL, so going to a different direction is the point. People who join nitmod server should expect different experience within the game. Otherwise its just same exact thing, only bit different mod.

Dont know. I specced/played 4 maps tonight with mostly Evil clan people and I saw more teamplay than before. Less camping, more action on field. Spawntimes make it hard for allied because axis keep respawning too quickly but otherwise it was fun.

azerty told me to report that he likes the new settings.
I proposed him to report his opinion himself cause it is important that the players give their opinion on the forum.
I hope he will do

On 7/21/2023 at 10:40 PM, HunT3r said:

i just played  - and imo its unplayable, people even play less in a team then they did before, everyone is hidding and giving axis full control.

False... much more teamplay, less fraggers, overall since some don't come anymore, no more rambo medic. Hunter, i often play (afternoons, evenings, night sometimes), and when i don't play i am spec and i have a look from time to time. Maybe you are not so objective... 😉

2 hours ago, froggy said:

False... much more teamplay, less fraggers, overall since some don't come anymore, no more rambo medic. Hunter, i often play (afternoons, evenings, night sometimes), and when i don't play i am spec and i have a look from time to time. Maybe you are not so objective... 😉

Same. Ive been server many times lately  and people (tag and without tag) have 0 issues with the change. Many ask for other things to update or change that we can look into later. Ive yet to see any negative comment while in server ..

• 5 months later...

@froggy told me months ago to make an account here and tell myself how much I liked the changes... I kinda forgot to do that, but now I did...

I'm quite a big fan of these changes, but some players on the server still don't seem to fully get the role and still play partially rambo style, which is a shame (imho).

Anyway, it seems like it's here to stay, so thanks for this lovely update :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

A bit late to this one, but I find the game a lot better to play without medics being able to self heal.

There will always be rambo medics to some extent but  the changes make it harder for them to act  like that. It does appear to instil some more team play, admittedly sometimes only between the two medics on a team (healing each other etc), rather than just fragging (although I have seen that still). Make them easier to kill imo and thus a fairer game.

As abve comments - I'm glad the changes were made 😀 

Edited by 24-7 Baz
spelling error
  • Thanks 3

On 2/17/2024 at 12:44 PM, Holzi_Goldzunge said:

Maybe it's an option to add HP everytime a Medic heals someone else.

We all know the playerbase on the server and many of them love to play Engi, Covi or FOps, so many times you're the only medic in a Team without the chance to get some medic... 

Yep, this is an option on some other mods but i don't know if it is possible on Nitmod.
And in this case it would be necessary, IMO, to slow down the medic's auto-regeneration.  Just my opinion...

On 2/17/2024 at 12:44 PM, Holzi_Goldzunge said:

Maybe it's an option to add HP everytime a Medic heals someone else.

We all know the playerbase on the server and many of them love to play Engi, Covi or FOps, so many times you're the only medic in a Team without the chance to get some medic... 

But is a poor distribution of the "necessary" classes a problem that can be fixed this way?

Yesterday I saw a game where you have to repair the doors before you can steal 2 boxes of gold (delivery? forgot the exact name, you'll know which one), where 8v8 the allied had 7 engis and one medic... That's simply not a good strategy, and the fact they stayed on that config for quite a while just makes it clear they're not really thinking together as a team. Would that suggestion from you help the cause a lot? Not that sure tbh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Nitmod Admin

Hi, frankly I think it's a bad idea... I took a little time before saying it but it's confirmed in each game... It's true that this can dissuade some Rambo Medics from playing but the game is missing something without that... We should fix the rambo medics ourselves.

Some servers has /kill limit per each map, I hope we put that script in use too.. And lower the self heal speed (example fighting medic wins fights because he/she gets HP during fighting and runnin).. So game doesnt go so uneven those few ones who doesnt play as medic... Maybe both script should add on server.. Just thinkin.. 

What's the hate on rambo medics anyway ? Sure, a few players forgot they carry needles and giveaway medpacks, but that doenst make all the medic players irresponsible.

Hell, I'd say we have quite a few rifle masters that don't bother using their charge for dynamite, right ? No hate on them though.

Get me an objective oriented engineer and I'll stick to him as much as possible with my needle out (thinking about Prrll or Cyph or even Graph on a good day for example).

Removing the ability for medics to heal themselves would be too much of a change and go against what Enemy Territory is and drastically reduce the popularity of our servers.

Word 'hate'  sounds bit rough.. Some might 'hate' I know always some people hate something even some people dont like some other people its always like that, but I really dont have that kind of attitude in ET that 'hate' some player class, I just dont feel comfortable in that class to run with needle and see  to get shot when trying to find player who is near dead and lying on ground..  I'm just wondering why so many players wants to go under medic that there sometimes are over 20 medics around same time (I mean by this count our main server, I dont think that there is so much medics in nitmod, because it isnt so full as main server is..).. Its the same when people sayin like too many Fieldops in game same time some people say like 6 of them too much but I think 20 medics is much too, its bigger diffrence between count over 15-20 than count 4-6.. But its not 'hate' its just commenting.. If its 'hate' then I wouldnt play servers at all because of it, because there is still other server where that kind of thing isnt involved so much.. Just got suprised that word 'hate' raised up on @DiNg's latest comment.. @DiNg if meaned my comment..

Nothing special just posting, so player thinks I m weirdo when posting that kind of things... Maybe maybe not.. But I usually comment if thinkin that people are meaning my post, or case what I try to say.. But I never mean my posts as bad way.. Because I dont want be evil, because beeing evil just makes things even more worse but my english writing isnt the best... well I'm not born in UK..

Edited by Stumpel

There is absolutely no notion of hate on rambo medics, and i know some few players who are medic for their teams before being medics for themselves... But i saw that without this setting, the rambo medics are much more present than these "TeamMedics"
A rambo medic doens't pay attention to the fun, he doesn't teammplay, he just frags and doesn't give a shit to the incidence on the server.

@GoLdFiNgEr could you explain please?  cause when we changed this setting, the main part of our usual players was satisfied... and I am convinced that it is one of the major reason why this server has so many players now.
-> just my opinion: it is already hard to make some basic written rules respected in order to keep the server pleasant, and full, imagine if we have to fix the rambo medics ourselves. What rule will you oppose to the rambo medics?
How many and how long boring argues, contestations, complains, and lost time...

The main part of our players tries to make the objective and appreciate there is no more, or so few rambo medics playing now.
Medics should receive health each time they give a medic pack to a teammate...
I don't know if it is possible on N!tmod. But it would be necessary...

3 hours ago, froggy said:

There is absolutely no notion of hate on rambo medics, and i know some few players who are medic for their teams before being medics for themselves... But i saw that without this setting, the rambo medics are much more present than these "TeamMedics"
A rambo medic doens't pay attention to the fun, he doesn't teammplay, he just frags and doesn't give a shit to the incidence on the server.

@GoLdFiNgEr could you explain please?  cause when we changed this setting, the main part of our usual players was satisfied... and I am convinced that it is one of the major reason why this server has so many players now.
-> just my opinion: it is already hard to make some basic written rules respected in order to keep the server pleasant, and full, imagine if we have to fix the rambo medics ourselves. What rule will you oppose to the rambo medics?

The main part of our players tries to make the objective and appreciate there is no more, or so few rambo medics playing now.

im with you on this. this change with medic class has made such positive impact in nitmod server. much healthier enviroment to play in.

3 hours ago, froggy said:

It is hard to compare lvl on nitmod server to the main server. Playing 25 vs 25 cause making objective nearly impossible. From my perspective: im playing medic all the time. I enjoy fragging etc BUT I know how to use needle etc. So when i see players in my team with low health or someone who is not gibbed I'm always trying to heal them before taking any action against enemy players, but in some situations I choose to fight first than heal (for example when obj is endangered). And back to the words about servers lvls. On the main server there are many players with outstanding skills, usually it is not possible to lockone team in the spawn, ofc there are many situations when one team is much stronger than second one BUT I have never seen that any team was locked in the spawn with full server.

Changing medic class like on nitmod server will decrease number of players on the server, im sure about that.

Edited by lost

@lost I think that maps goes atually very fast when most goes under medic and then example everyother class players have exmple 1 each... Because if other team has more even set players like 3 fops 3-4 engi 5medic 4covert and 2-3 soldiers. Think that kind of team will beat team which has 1 fop 1engi 1 covert 3-4 soldiers and 10-12 medics.. Why? because that other team has less players who can set or defuse dynamite because if diffrence between some class is 1 vs 2 or more then that 1 has really no chance.. and because team ammo sharing isnt so effective..  BUT FACT is good medic player is very good until they notice that their ammo clips are empty ( doesnt matter was it others savin and good syringe using medic or rambo fighter who just shoot and cares just his/her own personality)..  Your right when saying outstanding skills that there many who is soo good.. Well I'm not so good and thats the reason why I mostly switch between player classes but still very rare pick medic class.. 

I just got on my mind that what people say if players are having in every spawning 90 rounds bullets and full clip. And pistol/luger 48 and full clip in all classes.. Then bullets doesnt end so fast.. Because I understand that people want to fight mp40/thompson fights or pistol battles..   <<<<<========  IDK, maybe weird idea.. Just came into my mind.. :crazy: