Learn to know eachother

Jessica

1 minute ago, PurpleHaze said:

That part is very hard for other belgian people :P but good to see photo's from trains that are moving, not lots of those around here, or at least when they should be and preferable on a track that goes somewhere (not offroad) ... thanks for clearing out the driver was just taking some pictures ... :rofl:

Edited by PurpleHaze

25 minutes ago, PurpleHaze said:

Believe me, we are as mad as you when we get massive delays as our breaks then no longer exist.

I'm not going to argue about that here but I will simply say this: the company is rotten by politics and bad governance.

6 minutes ago, DiNg said:

Believe me, we are as mad as you when we get massive delays as our breaks then no longer exist.

I'm not going to argue about that here but I will simply say this: the company is rotten by politics and bad governance.

I dont blame you and dont Worry i have a car now and i think most know its politics, companys and "vakbonden" that causes delay

Edited by PurpleHaze

12 hours ago, PurpleHaze said:

I dont blame you and dont Worry i have a car now and i think most know its politics, companys and "vakbonden" that causes delay

No, technical problems on trains because of a lack of investment, brain damaged people walking on tracks, leaves on tracks and technical problems of instrastructure because of a lack of investment cause delays.

Here's a screenshot from an app we have that notifices us the major problems on the network. It's in dutch.

Just for the last two hours:

IMG_0932.PNG

I do not see no labor union in there

Haha, I probably know the cause of this thread. :P

As my application is old, I am not going to find it, just gonna write here.

Name in game: Damien (I like this "version" my name <3)

Profession: junior accountant

I am on the last year in the university and finally I will be free from education. xD In free time I don't have any free time, because I am preparing myself to driving license and I have to write Master's Thesis. :( But if I find free time anyhow, I play ET or learn C# (not Ctrz lol) (programming is my hidden hobby). Sometimes I play in Photoshop, but my results are not comparable to the miraro's or Jaime's ones. :D

On 2.12.2017 at 9:20 AM, Temptin said:

My name is Amanda, I am from Nashville, Tennessee, i am to old at 36, and I work as a Revenue Integrity Analyst for 23 hospitals. I recently got married, and in my personal time i play entirely to much PUBG.  I miss seeing and talking to everyone!!

OMG, Amanda, nice to see u here! ;O

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DiNg said:

No, technical problems on trains because of a lack of investment, brain damaged people walking on tracks, leaves on tracks and technical problems of instrastructure because of a lack of investment cause delays.

What does this delay fall under? :stop:

• Haha 1

Was like two years ago when I introduced myself I guess, but here we go:

Ingame name: Gh0stical (basically I use the name in all of my social media) 

Age: 20 ( I rememer when I joined forums exactly on the day when I got 18) 

Profession: Steward on ships on Baltic Sea/ Electrician/ Painter

Fun Fact: Currently I am officially the most pierced guy in Estonia with 27 different body piercings and counting

Hobbies: Gaming, Makeup-s,  Drinkingl ( not a hobby, but when I am not on sea, that is what I am mostly doin) Skateboarding... and thats about it I guess

So yea, feel free to ask more questions.

It's been about 5 years since my introduction and I guess it needs a little updating!

In-game name: Macka, (or oMacka for Eagle!).

Profession: Lawyer (I am charging for the time it takes to write this post - Niki look out for the invoice!)

Hobbies: Running, gym, travelling, ET! I want to try and learn some languages in the new year. Any suggestions?

<3

On 29/11/2017 at 8:33 PM, Jessica said:

A few pieces fell into place with that! Could never quite get a take on you :)

Gamename: fleshpulse (origin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVlH54733vQ)

Profession: Principal Software Engineer @ Red Hat

About me: Frequented NL clan PIMP's Jaymod servers as a non-member for many years, decided to join when PIMP and TM merged.  Hung around the servers for a while and really enjoyed my time with TM - many great people here.  The past few years work and my girlfriend (old and new!) have been occupying the most of my time. I'm 50/50 British/Norwegian and currently a remote worker for an American software company called Red Hat.  I enjoy growing herbs and vegetables in my Oslo apartment and on the balcony (when the seasons permit), juggling, geeking around, hanging out at my local hackerspace and the occasional computer game (as long as it runs on Linux).

To all new members: welcome - to all old: nice to see you :)

Edited by fleshpulse
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, fleshpulse said:

...a remote worker for an American software company called Red Hat. 

16 hours ago, fleshpulse said:

...hanging out at my local hackerspace and the occasional computer game (as long as it runs on Linux).

Do you use Fedora Linux? :sofa:

Edited by Damien

4 hours ago, Damien said:

Do you use Fedora Linux? :sofa:

I do on my personal laptop, but Centos on my work laptop which is the one that is docked most of the time. :)

Have been a Debian user for many years,  have some servers on that too, so it's a mix of Fedora, Centos, RHEL & Debian.

Edited by fleshpulse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/12/2017 at 1:01 AM, GreatDanton said:

Ah living the dream, being paid for writing open source code (I assume). What exactly is your position (dev-ish or ops-ish) ?

It's tons of fun! I'm an SRE engineer in Devtools, working on infrastructure / openshift / cloud resources with a good sprinkle of devops.  So more ops-ish, but also helping to drive good patterns for our dev teams :)

At first I thought working from home would involve a lot of slacking off / short days, turns out it's the exact opposite as I never leave work. The opportunity to work without pants and the ability to turn off the webcam and mute my co-workers makes up for it though ;)

Edited by fleshpulse