Rules displayed

G'Day,

We used to had, on the ETPub server, the rules in the menu. Is it possible to add something like that to the Legacy server aswell? 

The few times when i'm on i feel that not everyone is up to speed with the rules we have (used to had). Maybe i'm the only one with this matter then don't bother to put effort in it. Let me know if i can assist somewhere in writing stuff or something.

Edited by Duro

8 minutes ago, Duro said:

G'Day,

We used to had, on the ETPub server, the rules in the menu. Is it possible to add something like that to the Legacy server aswell? 

The few times when i'm on i feel that not everyone is up to speed with the rules we have (used to had). Maybe i'm the only one with this matter then don't bother to put effort in it. Let me know if i can assist somewhere in writing stuff or something.

@Rogan made a new "esc" menu

Maybe he can send it to Eagle

12 minutes ago, Bystry said:

@Duro On legacy server every player can type !rules which prints TM server's rules in the console. 

That's true, bit in my opinion it's not sufficiënt enough. See below the way of displaying rules on legacy.

Spoiler

SK leg.png

I think spawnkilling is pretty grey in this way of explanation, see the pub rules and choose whatever you prefer.

Spoiler

Rules pub.png

SK pub.png

@Ctrz Regarding the map oasis last night, when the wall is down, everything behind the wall is considered spawnexit so therefor no arty behind the "wall".

Well i think i made my point clear now it's waiting for opinions hehe

@Duro Well for me the rules displayed after typing !rules are okay, they are short and understandable. Just a general notification - no spawn killing, gives a general idea about spawn killing, says that's it's not gonna be tolerated. Being too strict with the rules can be discouraging for players, so you gotta be careful with this too. But I get your point, better have everything clear and explained in simple fashion. I think custom 'esc' menu would do the job fine, spamming it in chat or banners would be annoying. Rogan made the custom menu so I guess it's up for the admins to upload it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Duro said:

That's true, bit in my opinion it's not sufficiënt enough. See below the way of displaying rules on legacy.

I have been in servers, where extra rules on set maps are written on map. :) Like for Oasis the wall rule. Im 85% sure majority of newer members have seen arty between wall and spawn and not reacted because they didnt know such agreement exists.

C#

1 hour ago, Duro said:

Reveal hidden contents

New improved !rules are ready and Eagle will replace it,when he returns.

25 minutes ago, Ctrz said:

I have been in servers, where extra rules on set maps are written on map. :) Like for Oasis the wall rule. Im 85% sure majority of newer members have seen arty between wall and spawn and not reacted because they didnt know such agreement exists.

C#

It would be perfect to implement that!

I agree to bystry that too strict/complex rules are not appropriate, and always point to discussion. I think the most important rules are missing
"The admin is right"

"Play on server, discuss in forum"

"Go to teammuppet.eu for in depth explanation"

In our Standard banner actual: "^dwolfadmin: ^9This server is running WolfAdmin, type ^7/wolfadmin ^9for more information." we should replace"... type !rules, !help and !wolfadmin in console for more information."

My thoughts on spawn killing. If spawn killing is getting excessive it is due to imbalanced teams in many cases, it kills the fun for both teams apart of some rambomeds, fops or panzas. So imo the problem can not be solved by strict rules, but by balanced teams and friendly environment, looking for fun gaming.

And to make objective more attractive than killing, turn off sprees, especially kill/death sprees (may day would get much better) :)

• Like 1