Jump to content

Legacy update


Recommended Posts

differencies between legacy-v2.76-442 and legacy-v2.76-392 are:

Fixed fireteam chat fallback to team chat instead of global chat when not in a fireteam
Fixed global chat not working in localhost
Fixed cg_teamChatOnly filters spectator team
Fixed compass hidden even when not overlapped by command map
Fixed allies rank displayed for spectator in debriefing
Added dropping objective ability
Added specific flag for bots on scoreboard
Fixed spawn count displayed out of command map borders (removed "Troops")
Fixed double countdown with g_inactivity
Fixed cg_wolfparticles 0 does not spawn the explosive trails
Added cg_drawGun 2 to only draw non-weapons and throwables
Fixed FG42 spread/sway was different (too low) from vanilla behaviour. Was adding 50% reducing from lvl 3 covert-ops (vanilla behaviour) + 35% reducing from lvl 3 Light weapon (change from Legacy and keeped value).
Fixed covert ops received 50% reduction in both recoil jump and weapon sway with ONLY Scoped Weapons (following the original documentation)
Added clearer simple items icons
Added percentage in map votes display

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes sorry, the weapons icons themselves are still WIP (they've wrong ratio, and are probably too clunky). Expect better one in the next update! But feel free to comment on their color and size!

Edited by Spyhawk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spyhawk said:

Yes sorry, the weapons icons themselves are still WIP (they've wrong ratio, and are probably too clunky). Expect better one in the next update! But feel free to comment on their color and size!

If im honest, Ive always preferred simple items. 3D or whatever they are called. :) Why alternate them?

 

1 hour ago, Eagle_cz said:

Added cg_drawGun 2 to only draw non-weapons and throwables

Umm. Gotta try this out. :) 

Is the trail of rocks when arty/airstrike goes off wolfparticles ?


BTW @Eagle_cz, Im sorry if we seem ungrateful if we complain hard but we know that you always react well and try to fix whatever is wrong. Thank you for that. :) :drinks:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Ctrz said:

If im honest, Ive always preferred simple items. 3D or whatever they are called. :) Why alternate them?

I'm not sure what you mean here. We didn't change the behaviour of the cvar. 0 has always been for 3D, complex models (default), while 1 is used for simple 2D items (and they're always been quite ugly and not easy to distinguish, so we're trying to improve them). See here for some screenies of the old version.

Edited by Spyhawk
added screenies
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spyhawk said:

I'm not sure what you mean here. We didn't change the behaviour of the cvar. 0 has always been for 3D, complex models (default), while 1 is used for simple 2D items (and they're always been quite ugly and not easy to distinguish, so we're trying to improve them). See here for some screenies of the old version.

This is a good page. Thanks, I'll try some things from there.

 

For me, simpleitems 1 and 2 were the same colorful new items. Would love if "0" are 3D ones, "1" is the "ugly" that Im used to and maybe "2" is the new colorful ones? For me, them beeing blue and red just didnt fit in there.

Now im curious if cg_gunX and cg_gunY can be also modified by player or they are default and fixed by server.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The Great Pharaoh said:

Why you did that to Fg, who said it need fixing , you made Fg weaker because it already weak  , accuracy is down now.

 only few player use Fg maybe 2 or 3,  is that worth it to made the updates , although all other classes upgrade

 

It was bug phara... and yes it needed to be fixed because this was advantage that wasnt fair to other classes... sorry

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry it wasn’t advantage, and it wasn’t a bug, you made it class 3 with less spreading, now you made advantage to other classes against Fg, and thank you for admitting that you made the Fg weaker, let’s talk frankly and clearly,

 

We all know that only me uses Fg, and some ppl always crying when they killed by me and sadly you listen to them, and really it makes me smile when I remember your effort in the past just get Fg weaker, I know lots of ppl try to use Fg but they didn’t continue because its disadvantage more than it’s advantage, maybe you’ll win a 1vs1 but you can’t continue because your health bar was decreased so much, especially if you fought against a good medic, but you are doomed in front of panzer , flamethrower, Mg, engie with rifle grenades, artillery, support fire and medics with aimbot.

 

 I made a comment couple a weeks ago about the same issue and mini replied to me and said nothing is changed, so I knew you want to get it weaker, at least try it a whole week to know is it really powerful and unfair against other classes, or at least ask the one who uses it a lot, the one who was told to change his class all the time and the only one who use it.

 

The thing is why only Fg!!!!!!,

 

 how it come advantage in front of the powerful panzer that damge cover a big space and have three weapons , for covert he has no chance like other classes such as medic with 156 health and 30 round, engi with jacket ,powerful rifle grenades and 10 bullet after that and lots of grenades , or mg, flamethrower , field ops with his boring artillery and support fire we waits too much, 

 

I encouraged new ppl to use covert ops with its weaknesses more and more, I remember a couple of days all the team was medics, is this what you want us to do , play medics all the times !!!! Ok that’s easy.

 

and why you have to listen to some Rambo ppl because they always crying when they get killed, they suppose to get kill. 

 

Thank you for ruined covert ops class.

 

P.s the other 2 weapons are useless.

Edited by The Great Pharaoh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes Phara, it was indeed a bug. A complex, and unintended bug, that was introduced by indirectly adjusting something in another other part of the code resulting in two different bonuses stacking (thus explaining why we didn't see it at first sight), but a bug nonetheless. The spray reduction was 82.5% instead of the expected 35%.

Edited by Spyhawk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Pharaoh: I tested the FG a few times for short periods (it is mostly useless for obj; I do obj) and there is a problem. 

Details: it shoots approx. twice as fast as an smg, is at least as accurate if not more accurate at close to moderate distances (so all indoor scenarios). It reloads also at least twice as fast. Additionally, a cvop can take uniform thereby creating an element surprise, which further puts the enemy at a disadvantage. 

My experience with it: on a server with medics with decent aim, I played normally as a medic (control). Could kill them, but 2v1 rarely worked in my favor. Then I took out the big gun aka FG. Same people started dropping like flies. In some instances I could kill 3 players with full HP alone using the same basic combat tactics I use.  It's extremely overpowered as a close-medium distance weapon to the point that using it feels like I'm playing on easymode.

Someone else using FG is frustrating because it takes all the fun out of a fight if one player has a weapon that can hit 4 headshots in under a second. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Again, a disgraceful doublepost, but I wanted to make sure people, especially admins read it.

I often practice my (incredibly laughable) sniping skill in all sorts of scenarios, such as in close combat. Sometimes I die. It happens. The problem is, however, that when a medic revives me, I suddenly have nothing. No weapons, no grenades or anything. It does show the rifle icon in bottom right corner, but I haven't found a way to wield it or anything, leading to the only sensible resolution - suicide.

Is it an easy fix, or is there something wrong with my client or what? I have a regular ET client downloaded from the SD website.

Edited by kitizen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@kitizen Does this happen on the new test version too (-442)? The old version (-392) had it for sure, but this bug proved to not be easy to track down. In such case, providing a demo might help us to understand in which condition this issue occurs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Spyhawk said:

@kitizen Does this happen on the new test version too (-442)? The old version (-392) had it for sure, but this bug proved to not be easy to track down. In such case, providing a demo might help us to understand in which condition this issue occurs.

Got it. Going to the server and will post the demo as soon as it's done.

ETA: there was no glitch this time. When did the update take place? Last time I encountered the glitch was actually around 12 hours ago aka late last night.

ETA2: played some more, and it happened. The demo is in the attachments. It happens within the first few minutes on the first attack. I should stress that in the demo it appears that I'm running around with the scope on while in reality (while actually playing), I did not see the scope overlay and neither my rifle was visible.

2019-07-27-142149-adlernest.dm_84

Edited by kitizen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, kitizen said:

Again, a disgraceful doublepost, but I wanted to make sure people, especially admins read it.

I often practice my (incredibly laughable) sniping skill in all sorts of scenarios, such as in close combat. Sometimes I die. It happens. The problem is, however, that when a medic revives me, I suddenly have nothing. No weapons, no grenades or anything. It does show the rifle icon in bottom right corner, but I haven't found a way to wield it or anything, leading to the only sensible resolution - suicide.

Is it an easy fix, or is there something wrong with my client or what? I have a regular ET client downloaded from the SD website.

That’s the Pharaoh curse becaus you interfering as an Expert in Covert class, your score tells everything about your opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2019 at 7:06 PM, Spyhawk said:

Yes Phara, it was indeed a bug. A complex, and unintended bug, that was introduced by indirectly adjusting something in another other part of the code resulting in two different bonuses stacking (thus explaining why we didn't see it at first sight), but a bug nonetheless. The spray reduction was 82.5% instead of the expected 35%.

Sorry, but you are wrong, as long as the bug nonetheless why you bother and troubled yourself to change it, if it’s nonetheless from your point of view, is there statistics or just your opinion , or a guess from you, 

for me , this thing that you call it a bug simply it’s not a bug , But if you want to lower the power of Fg as some ppl wants to as they asked me many time to change classes , then lets calle it a bug ;),

you said “The spray reduction was 82.5% instead of the expected 35%.” 

Over a 45% and you said it’s nonetheless, 

do you know as a ppl that playing with Fg all the time , I can’t kill or hit anything in the long range, everyone can kill me so easliy, in the med range I can hit most if the player in front me was a noob, in the short range I can kill a medic but my health become too low and the enemy suit disappeared from the first bullet,

now I can’t hit anything in the short range and in the mid range, in the short range 1vs1 they killed me very easily now specially from a 156 good medic , engie kills me easily with riflr grenades, bazooka , mgand flame thrower, because the bullet spray now become in a large area, if the target get far the spray area become larger and larger there’s no accuracy now, in the short range or in the mid and long range,

Some smart say use the scope, i’d better not to reply on him.

I know it’s your server , but as all know , only me who playing with Fg all the time , Kitzin said with Fg you can kill’em all I’ll reply on him , did you ever found the score of covert more than 50 kills , what about other classes like medics fragging with 70 kills and more

 

Edited by The Great Pharaoh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The Great Pharaoh said:

I know it’s your server , but as all know , only me who playing with Fg all the time , Kitzin said with Fg you can kill’em all I’ll reply on him , did you ever found the score of covert more than 50 kills , what about other classes like medics fragging with 70 kills and more 

Spoiler

I bet you could use your effect as beeing disguised more often if you would move around more. In majority of maps (lets take sp_delivery for example) you are 90% of times in delivery point or nearby the small corridors underneath the office. In supply you try to sneak in and go upstairs. Theres a pattern ..

Covert op actually has more weapons on him than other classes:

he has 1 - knife, 2 - pistol/pistols (which can be silenced), 3 - rifle(fg42), sten(smg) or scoped k43/garand (sniper), 4 - grenades, 5 - satchel

so thats 5 weapons for a direct kill. Add also the ability to steal uniformes, see and spot mines, go thru enemy doors/areas whilst disguised, destroy entrances or commandposts within seconds and also smokescreen to help him dissapear. Thats actually a very powerful class.

FG42 is a paratrooper rifle. Its burst fire and close combat weapon. His defined weakness is long range but if cover wanna be lethal longer range he can use sten/mp34 which are more accurate than other SMG's. They are made to overheat to balance things out. Same way as smaller clip (20 rounds per mag) and wider spread is made to balance its effectiveness in close range. If you wanna be even further away - there is sniper weapons. Its disadvantages are smaller clip (10 rounds?) and small rate of fire.

Covert op is a class that is not made for entry combat but for sneakyness. To get behind enemy lines (destroy cps, open doors etc, kill mortar/mg42 that is located in on steady place). The "bug" that helped you be a stronger fragger and get more kills was just a temporary thing because it was something unbalanced. For sure you will say that this is one big conspiracy against you alone but in fact, after fg42 bug came, the popularity of fg42 did increase because it was easy gun to kill people with. In experienced hands it was almost unstoppable.

You just define this class and weapon differently but sadly this is not a class or weapon for multikills or entry fragging. 

--
But thats all just educational advice above and my thinking and bla bla bla.

What suprises me the most, is how can you disagree with a developer pointing out his own bug and then beeing mad at him when hes fixing it? Its not a meant feature. Its a bug that gave unfair advantage and now its fixed.

 

Have fun, be fair and enjoy your journey. Noone is against you, so dont be against us.

 

You're tech support,

Seto.

Edited by Ctrz
Added spoiler for shorter reading
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Ctrz said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I bet you could use your effect as beeing disguised more often if you would move around more. In majority of maps (lets take sp_delivery for example) you are 90% of times in delivery point or nearby the small corridors underneath the office. In supply you try to sneak in and go upstairs. Theres a pattern ..

Covert op actually has more weapons on him than other classes:

he has 1 - knife, 2 - pistol/pistols (which can be silenced), 3 - rifle(fg42), sten(smg) or scoped k43/garand (sniper), 4 - grenades, 5 - satchel

so thats 5 weapons for a direct kill. Add also the ability to steal uniformes, see and spot mines, go thru enemy doors/areas whilst disguised, destroy entrances or commandposts within seconds and also smokescreen to help him dissapear. Thats actually a very powerful class.

FG42 is a paratrooper rifle. Its burst fire and close combat weapon. His defined weakness is long range but if cover wanna be lethal longer range he can use sten/mp34 which are more accurate than other SMG's. They are made to overheat to balance things out. Same way as smaller clip (20 rounds per mag) and wider spread is made to balance its effectiveness in close range. If you wanna be even further away - there is sniper weapons. Its disadvantages are smaller clip (10 rounds?) and small rate of fire.

Covert op is a class that is not made for entry combat but for sneakyness. To get behind enemy lines (destroy cps, open doors etc, kill mortar/mg42 that is located in on steady place). The "bug" that helped you be a stronger fragger and get more kills was just a temporary thing because it was something unbalanced. For sure you will say that this is one big conspiracy against you alone but in fact, after fg42 bug came, the popularity of fg42 did increase because it was easy gun to kill people with. In experienced hands it was almost unstoppable.

You just define this class and weapon differently but sadly this is not a class or weapon for multikills or entry fragging. 

--
But thats all just educational advice above and my thinking and bla bla bla.

What suprises me the most, is how can you disagree with a developer pointing out his own bug and then beeing mad at him when hes fixing it? Its not a meant feature. Its a bug that gave unfair advantage and now its fixed.

 

Have fun, be fair and enjoy your journey. Noone is against you, so dont be against us.

 

You're tech support,

I replied to the developer, because he replied on my remarks, be cool seto ,

no you the one who against me , you are the one who think that I am useless and not playing for the team and you told me that you watch me for a long time and in the end as a conclusion from a great General from war world 2 you told me you are not good for the team , so I showed you what I am doing maybe you learn something ,

and keep telling me to change my class and I was told you that I’ll make a complaint against you because you make fun of me when I was asking about the screen shaking  and if it accidentally or it’ll be normal. Then  you said feel free and complaint in the form.

please let the developer reply, you make a negative wave here, and you didn’t give us something new.

I’ll tell you why I know it wasn’t a bug:

from where did you know that there was a bug in the Fg, I’ll tell you :)

from me , and the way I played , and the way I killed most ppl , so many complaints came from ppl that the Fg over powered, so the developer took there complaint as granted, and try to figure something to reduce the power , but he made the Fg useless now ,  I can say to you and the developer its not a bug , it’s the way That I playing , because I was practicing every day more than a year on Fg,

got it wise man, I am having fun but you have to try to be fair with me, And I am not against any one, when I noticed the screen shaking, I reported it in the forum to make the server better, and you, what did you do, when I asked about the screen sharing in the game , you make fun of me.

take it easy seto

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wtf, calm down...

We all know that there was an issue with FG... you, phara, ET:L devs and others who playing that... good. Mini confirmed that TM didn't changed or decreased any kind of weapons. True is that there was a workaround to limit covs class on lvl 2. This action didn't happen and none of classes were limited in any way. Even a few players cryed for that - about rambo medics and so....

Just turn the page, there were a few of things - call that properly bugs - which gave you an advantage. Yes, this wasnt abou what we want but it was bug. Bug was (hopefully) solved and the book written about that it's just a storm in cup of tea imo. Nothing happened in real, it's still same game, game for fun. And remember - its under active development! Don't take this personally! Thank you.

...in case of misunderstanding or doubts feel free to send me PM or to any admins around.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You fixed the “bug” and you asked if there is any issues in the version, I reported to you , what the fix done with Fg as an Expert and long time user of Fg (I think)

No one  good and fair enough test the Fg after the “bug” fixed, and give report on it , and is that the same performance that the Fg should do in the normal situation without a fix or a bug or the fix ruined it and it need to edit it,

does anyone find that the difference between the bullet spray and the fix is over, (+45%)?

Can the developers never be wrong? Or maybe because the developers need some one to test their codes and report the bug and what the fixes done to the codes( as a retired developer)

or you think it’s fixed as the opponent said it’s ok now he can’t kill us like before.

Fine , let us all play with Rambo medic, just kill and heal yourself,

I am not the owner of the Fg or sell it.

I am done here

Edited by The Great Pharaoh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Phara, just stop cry about that and learn to play something else than FG. "Medics are OP." Ye, thats probably the reason, why u cant win any single one "face to face" with casual weapons like MP40/Thom, and playing bugged FG, where u can win against someone at least few times, hm? :) And ye, I tried FG also, and how Kitizen said - 

On 7/27/2019 at 2:01 AM, kitizen said:

 It's extremely overpowered as a close-medium distance weapon to the point that using it feels like I'm playing on easymode. 

.

And about this? - 

On 7/28/2019 at 1:27 AM, The Great Pharaoh said:

did you ever found the score of covert more than 50 kills , what about other classes like medics fragging with 70 kills and more

Man, just think about that. Isnt it, cuz players mostly playing medics and only one, who is playing FG all the time is YOU? Then maybe blame urself from that, not skilled players with 70kills, cuz there are also players with max 30frags per map, so Thom/MP is absolutely balanced. :)

 

Edited by Dakudas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@The Great Pharaoh All right. I initially intended to answer in details about this issue, what happened and why we initially didn't find it after the first complaints about what is indeed a multi layered issue (which include spread, swipe when scoped, recoil, skill levels of light weapon and covops abilities, and some code refactoring on our side). But at this point, I figured cold facts won't change the little crybaby you are. Quite frankly, you aren't worth my time as I have other serious bug fixes to attend.

Just so it's done quickly, here are two marvelous screenshots so other, reasonable people have an idea of the reason of your self-proclaimed covops "expertise".

Previous test Legacy versions:

2019-07-18-162627-oasis.jpg?width=845&he

Current test version (similar to etmain):

2019-07-18-164050-oasis.jpg?width=845&he

Notice any difference? Both are traces of FG42 shots, at the Lvl 3 covops and light weapon Lvl 2. The first one shows what happened as a consequence of the unintended double bonuses stacking issue. The second one is what we always aimed for, and that's to stay close to the original gameplay and of basically any other mods out there.

Edited by Spyhawk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

let's close this.

@The Great Pharaoh thank you for your bug report. Issue was investigated, explained and fixed by ET:L developers.  If you are not happy, well, such a life. I'm sorry.

@Spyhawk Thank you (and to your colleagues too) for detailed explanation and all the hard work you doing! I'm really happy and pleased by cooperation between us and your team

----------------------------

Guys, I want to kindly ask you to refrain from any criticism or insults in any way against anyone. Respect each other even if your opinion is different. This topic isn't for critism about skills of players about differencies that we have between each other. I think that we all want to participate on ET:L development, to make things better and main goal of this topic is to report an issue if someone notice something. If you have a different opinion about way of development, then talk elsewhere https://dev.etlegacy.com/projects/etlegacy/boards

Stay on the ground, be polite and don't take this things personally ;) It's only game!

Thank you.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...