Legacy update

23 hours ago, MrMuppet said:

Please post any connection issues from tonight relating to the ones mention prior including the time and time zone of issue. 

And got issue again. Game just went diagonal and couldnt move or shoot or see scores. Console was okay. Same problem like I posted video before. Server ping is fine.

For some reason my FPS is stuck at 35, while my ping is fine and the lagometer doesn't show anything strange. I'm not sure if it's a server problem or a problem on my end, but I've heard more players with the same issue.

Since 2 days my fps dropped drastically. Previously I had stable 125 fps. Now it jumps between 40 - 80 and most of the time it's about 50 - 60. 

Of course i have changed nothing in my config, hardware, etc before fps dropped. I tried cfg from GrobbeBol (he has a stable 200 with it), but the fps number doesn't change for me, it's still low.

At first I wanted to put this post in the help and advice section, but I checked the game on our Begginner and Pro servers and also on FA silentmod. Everywhere else I have stable 125 fps, so it looks that the problem is only with our ETL.

I use MSI GE70 Apache Pro laptop with i7 6700K and Geforce GTX gpu on Windows 7.

1 hour ago, divine_one said:

Since 2 days my fps dropped drastically. Previously I had stable 125 fps. Now it jumps between 40 - 80 and most of the time it's about 50 - 60. 

Of course i have changed nothing in my config, hardware, etc before fps dropped. I tried cfg from GrobbeBol (he has a stable 200 with it), but the fps number doesn't change for me, it's still low.

At first I wanted to put this post in the help and advice section, but I checked the game on our Begginner and Pro servers and also on FA silentmod. Everywhere else I have stable 125 fps, so it looks that the problem is only with our ETL.

I use MSI GE70 Apache Pro laptop with i7 6700K and Geforce GTX gpu on Windows 7.

Any custom .pk3 in your ETmain? if so try deleting them, often helps.

I deleted my old .pk3's like Mini suggested, haven't had any problems since the reversion. Put my maximum fps to 90 today, and use a new laptop. Stable as never before. I can even watch at smoke again. Wow. J enjoys ET again! :gamer4:

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, 0wN1x said:

The bug that makes it impossible to move happened again today. To me it happened during Radar at 14:43, but there have been some others with the same issue as well.

Are you using the legacy client? we think this might be a bug that only affects people with the regular Et client

• Like 1

• Founders

Guys the issue around the bad command byte, I don't believe this is a client issue so please don't look too deeply into your clients/cfg's. I also don't believe it is a connection issue to the dedi box but the issue is specific to the Legacy server, that doesn't necessarily mean the build (though possible see here )  but anything associated with the server from resources to lua's, we are still working behind the scenes to resolve the issues but it's a slow process as we make one change at a time at wait for the results of so please be patient.

We believe the 999 issue is resolved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, something new, at least for me. I got used to play with the weapon visibility turned on. But after every change for pistols or medkit, the weapon disappears. Setting cg_drawgun 1 works till next weapon change, then automatically returns to 0.

But stable fps again.

This morning Arno reported to me that the server got really laggy after the tank blew up the doors in the map "marketplace2" he told me it was a known bot bug? I don't really know what he means i'm just relaying the message, hoping you guys could do something with it.

47 minutes ago, Duro said:

This morning Arno reported to me that the server got really laggy after the tank blew up the doors in the map "marketplace2" he told me it was a known bot bug? I don't really know what he means i'm just relaying the message, hoping you guys could do something with it.

it looks that this was more related to dedi box than with the game ... i found smt but now i need to investigate it more deeply.

We tried a lot of things and we still searching where the problem is. We also tried to switch the server version from 64 bit architecture to 32 bit but unfortunately it's impossible because of obsolete types of libraries that are needed ... We (as admins) and ET:L developers are under a solid pressure and all of us really trying to fix that asap but it's not easy...

There is a new build of ET:L mod which could be stable and without problem but we can't say it until we will try it on the server at real load. We knows that this kind of problems are deadly to our server but we need to do whatever even a risky things to move on from this point and find a way how to fix it.

In a few minutes server will be updated to latest version of ET:L and we will see...

EDIT: * slow download  speed fixed.

EDIT #2: changelog below...

* Fixed NUMLOCK 5 status fail

Client 

* Fixed SND_NOCUT, SND_OKTOCUT, SND_CUTOFF and SND_REQUESTCUT flags options were not handle in start sound function
* Added cursor management for edit text/field UI element
* Check NUM LOCK status for CGAME input keys

Mod

Added secondary weapon to class menu selection
Fixed gibs are not drawn
Added dynamic spawn points selection menu
Removed g_countryFlag option to make bots use server location flag
Added fading effect on weapons disappearing
Added bouncing effect for items (weapons/pack/obj launched/dropped)
Fixed weapons reload faster animations
Fixed centerprint inserts awkward newlines
Fixed cabinets are not affected by cg_autoActivate 0
Added invalid GUID check at client connection (avoid some issue with Skill Rating system)
Fixed pick-up weapon when player doesn’t have a primary weapon to drop
Removed required tapout when doing selfkill in warmup
Fixed cg_gibs cvar
Fixed wounded players waiting for revive didn’t gib
Fixed chargebar status colour hard to differentiate when at low level
Fixed last bullet firing animation on Luger
Fixed alternative switch wasn’t possible when weapon fire last bullet in clip/reserve
Fixed force alternative switch with cg_noAmmoAutoSwitch 0
Fixed mortar out-of-ammo was playing spinup sound
Fixed out-of-ammo delayed weapon were playing EV_NOAMMO twice
Fixed no explosion effect on satchel suicide
Added cursor mangement in debriefing chat and limbo panel player name field
Fixed register images from debriefing were loaded each frame
Fixed debriefing was showing spawning place instead of appropriate portal cam
Fixed explosion shakes were missing
Added shakes from panzer/bazooka and mortar missile explosions
Fixed airstrike delay was shorter than it should
Fixed airstrike/artillery sounds are now properly played
Fixed spawn point counts on command map
Added /listspawnpt command to shown available spawn points to use with /setspawnpt command
Fixed cg_popupBigFilter had inverse behavior, which made skill upgrades not displayed and played by default
Fixed upscaled debris effects of the broken props

Edited by Eagle_cz