Map rotation

Hey.

Could we turn voting for maps for some time and give regular rotation a go? Or make rotation a thing when new maps come? There are plenty of maps added but mainly I see the same ones over and over again.

• Like 1

YES Seto, I recognise that also.

After all effort we do, asking suggestions, putting up a poll, adding new maps, they are rarely voted / played.

On one side, we need to give players fun, and play whatever they vote.

On the other side, the new maps dont get any chance to become popular.

I think, there is no solution that makes ALL players happy.

3 hours ago, Jaime said:

IMO lets do one day in week (or just few hours in that day) with new maps rotation. In this time there will be map rotation instead of voting.

Just one rotation day maybe? i just dont know how hard is that to set up? I dont even think that majority of people are voting. Usually when there is like 25people in server, then best map gets 21 votes, next one 18 .. but thats total of 13 people votes.. or even same people votes combined. :-/ 

If you want to pick 'a few hours a day' of map rotation (instead of voting), make sure the choose hours when the server is pretty full and/or when 'common players' are playing in the server. Besides: I've got some suggestions for new maps as well. Don't know if you appreciate them and I don't know if this is the right topic to post them, but: Subway and Castle Attack would be nice additions to the maps :).

Cheers

4 hours ago, Poyer said:

Besides: I've got some suggestions for new maps as well. Don't know if you appreciate them and I don't know if this is the right topic to post them, but: Subway and Castle Attack would be nice additions to the maps :).

Hey.

We love them! :) Keep an eye suggestion topics pop out from time to time. If i see next one, I try to tag you or maybe mr @Charlie will remember that you wanted to make some suggestions.

:drinks:

• 2 weeks later...

Let see hows the poll ends up what Mini did to add a new map every week or sm .

And considering the server issues we have atm im afraid to poke Eagle to do even more work to add maps.ofc if Mr or Mini will do it then its ok.We discuss and see.

Edited by Matu

7 hours ago, Matu said:

Let see hows the poll ends up what Mini did to add a new map every week or sm .

And considering the server issues we have atm im afraid to poke Eagle to do even more work to add maps.ofc if Mr or Mini will do it then its ok.We discuss and see.

Ok. I just noticed only 3 people gave any opinion of the matter and thats awfully quiet.

But lets wait then ..  

• 1 month later...

Im not sure what you waiting for.We added new maps,then few x-mas maps.You want all maps replaced?

The next mapvote will come somewhere january.

There are some server issues and im sorry we cant focus and priorities all your demands as there are urgent issues atm.Im sorry.

I didnt ask any maps. I asked/suggested to go for map rotation instead of voting, because sometimes a map gets chosen that causes 75% of server population to leave.

@Jessica was also onboard with that idea and Im not sure what can be more priority than people leaving server? But okay - im not pushing you around and stop asking things. :) 

• Founders

I am not sure how a rotation will stop people from leaving the server? People do not like all the maps we have on the server so if we have a rotation people will still leave or moan about playing the same maps. 

On 10/20/2019 at 3:03 PM, Jessica said:

On one side, we need to give players fun, and play whatever they vote.

On the other side, the new maps dont get any chance to become popular.

I think, there is no solution that makes ALL players happy.

I wish there was a solution that makes all happy, but like I says before : See above

TBH, i also leave often early because its always the same (very small 6 on 6) Maps over and over.

Would be awesome to have a "Rotation Day" where a (previously voted) Rotation will be set from 0:00-12:00.

Just my thoughts :)

• Like 2