New server

MiniMuppet

On 4/2/2020 at 11:34 AM, Dmxj said:

The main reason why we are discussing this point is because 99% of our players will not start in the first map of the campaign so they have lvl 1 weapons (30 bullets). We want to give those guys the chanse to make a good fight with an even amount of bullets (atleast) 30/30. Thats the only reason why we are thinking about it. But it's far from sure we will introduce this into the server.

You mean lvl 0 light weapons. As i was thinking cant it be set for example lvl 1 light weapons when u join the server and then ofc u get more lvls by xp and ofc it resets back to lvl 1 also when the new campaign stars. I get it many people comes from the pub but shouldnt this be like we did discuss be (ETpro style legacy pro). Trying keep it as pure as we can.

I have no major probs with new server all is good in that way. Heard from bystry and now on server did also read spawn kill rules i was like ''okay'' I havent seen any kinda major heavy spawn killing example other team kills other team to full spawns and wait there to do it again. Just the typical push outs. Coz to me its important to push as much damage before u tap out on short spawn and enemy just spawning. So the enemy is already weakened  and enemy team need use or save ammo and use medpacks to heal wasting the charge for health packs. This is ofc pub but u need still use tactics coz the spawn time are long. You need actually think on this server how u play to avoid long spawn. I seen many people not realizing it as they might think its just normal pub.

Then about maps

Map list is okay, atleast for my taste but some maps are maybe bit too long as the way if you are in defending team. Also map length cant be too long otherwise it also makes it unbalanced. I say this: 20mins in this kinda server is way too long time for maps. I feel when i been defending and playing on axis side that 80% of the maps allies team win. No matter how good or well the team is been defending they will get tired at somepoint to defend.

Just having one wish. Lets try keep this server pure ETpro styled legacy pro its been so fun to be able play with u guys there. I dont wanna insult anyone and hope no one take this personally but if u feel ur skill lvl isnt enough to play there, there is two options. Stop playing there (wich i dont recomend) and keep playing and get better spec how people play and learn. Lets not makes this one of basic ET legacy server. Keep the good work going guys

Cheers Pes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, yoshy said:

im ok with 3 fops, i just asked because legacy server has only 2 for a 20v20, nothing more.....

but i have to agree with you in stopwatch mode :clapping:

It's limited to 2 fops per team now on Campaign server.

1 hour ago, P3Swan said:

I dont wanna insult anyone and hope no one take this personally but if u feel ur skill lvl isnt enough to play there, there is two options. Stop playing there (wich i dont recomend) and keep playing and get better spec how people play and learn.

I'm really not the best player in the world but it's been ages since I didn't goof around or chatter for half the map or something. I figured I might do alright when I concentrated. No. Just no. I get my ass handed to me on a plate over and over again lol. It can be a steep learning curve playing there, at least I think it is, but that's why I like it. It's a challenge :) I actually had to do exec charlie.cfg the other day and stop using the standard ET cfg :O:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, P3Swan said:

You mean lvl 0 light weapons. As i was thinking cant it be set for example lvl 1 light weapons when u join the server and then ofc u get more lvls by xp and ofc it resets back to lvl 1 also when the new campaign stars. I get it many people comes from the pub but shouldnt this be like we did discuss be (ETpro style legacy pro). Trying keep it as pure as we can.

What about this: instead of initial 20 XP points to gain level 1 of Light weapons skills, we could make it 5 XP - that way it would be much easier and faster to gain the first level and get that additional ammo.

Honestly it's easy enough getting 20 xp in light weapons - it takes less than 1 map of playing any class. Yeah it sucks to have half the ammo some others might have but you can quickly change that. I would keep it as it is and I'm someone that misses my levelled up skills when I join.

Edited by Charlie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, yoshy said:

im ok with 3 fops, i just asked because legacy server has only 2 for a 20v20, nothing more.....

but i have to agree with you in stopwatch mode :clapping:

You mean the bigger server? Isn't there a xp save for forever or at least for a long time? Level 3 signals gives you twice as long arty and it doesn't even take the whole bar to cast it. It's really good that they have set it to two field ops max in that server.

This server doesn't have that problem since it's xp reset every 10 maps and it isn't quick or easy to gain three levels on it. And your team having three field ops all the time would be a huge disadvantage anyway in a smaller server.

Yeah SW is great but I do understand why it isn't used.

18 hours ago, Bystry said:

What about this: instead of initial 20 XP points to gain level 1 of Light weapons skills, we could make it 5 XP - that way it would be much easier and faster to gain the first level and get that additional ammo.

16 hours ago, Charlie said:

Honestly it's easy enough getting 20 xp in light weapons - it takes less than 1 map of playing any class. Yeah it sucks to have half the ammo some others might have but you can quickly change that. I would keep it as it is and I'm someone that misses my levelled up skills when I join.

I think we just not touch these settings and let them be like this. It isnt that hard to get it to lvl 1. Like charlie said less than 1 map.

I takes also one map to get light weapons to lvl 4 too xD

Ps. Charlie u r still beast pälyer, always been ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DookieAxE said:

Hello all, just wanted to say its a great server, only 1 thing would make it even better: complete xp reset with skills also after each map end, not after a whole campaign...just my opinion.

cya!

Glad you like it m8!

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, DookieAxE said:

Hello, im here to reply again...I just wanted to point out about the panzerfaust on the server. I dont have anything against it, I agree its a part of the game, but maybe consider making it harder to upgrade trough levels, because already on level 2 you can shoot it very oftenly, not to mention when on lvl 3, and you can gain all that in 1 map if there are a lot of players on the server. Just imagine on delivery, whenever you are allies and you shoot  trough that box, 4 axis in room are gone, or frostbite, when you going for docs, just shot in a wall or something and u get em all...maybe disabling level upgrade for it would be better? My point is to remain level 0 at all time.

Cya ingame!

cheers!

With this I agree wholeheartedly. It doesn't fit the nature of the server to have really high level panzer. Worst case scenario is that someone who is actually good with it and SMG plays as panza since level 4 gives SMG as a second weapon so you don't even have to pick up one if you want to use it in between shots. It is actually already level 1 which gives you ability to shoot more frequently (this is obtained really fast) and with level 3 (added movement speed) and 4 (Mp40/Thompson) it gets kind of ridiculous. I think it shouldn't be banned totally either, but limiting it to level 0 would be good in my opinion. You could still have akimbos as second weapon but not that frequent shooting.

• 3 months later...