Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MiniMuppet

New server

Recommended Posts

With the main server doing really well right now the etpro guys have set up a ETL Campaign server so if you fancy something different give it a try. 

IP 37.187.79.49:28010

We also still have the Beginners server which also is something different if you can not connect to the main server

IP 37.187.79.49:27980

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More info:

The server is based on the same mod (ETLegacy) as our main and most important server of TM. 

@Bystry @sed and me created this second server because the main server is mostly full in these difficult 'real' life times.

Our main goal is to create a server where people play more the objective then play for fun or for kills.

A few things what we think is important.

- max 1 rg per team

- max 1 heavy weapon per team

- small amount of landmines

- 'etpro' based settings (rank your self up by receiving xp 'kills/obk/...)

- 10 map cycle based on the etpro warzone maps (no votinglist) (mostly downloadfree)

We created this server as pure as the game ET is nothing less nothing more. Earn your stars and go for the objective!

Ps: your level will be the same as in the main server also /mc chat will work!

Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dmxj said:

More info:

The server is based on the same mod (ETLegacy) as our main and most important server of TM. 

@Bystry @sed and me created this second server because the main server is mostly full in these difficult 'real' life times.

Our main goal is to create a server where people play more the objective then play for fun or for kills.

A few things what we think is important.

- max 1 rg per team

- max 1 heavy weapon per team

- small amount of landmines

- 'etpro' based settings (rank your self up by receiving xp 'kills/obk/...)

- 10 map cycle based on the etpro warzone maps (no votinglist) (mostly downloadfree)

We created this server as pure as the game ET is nothing less nothing more. Earn your stars and go for the objective!

Ps: your level will be the same as in the main server also /mc chat will work!

well done guys! keep doing that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonderful! Great idea guys. Also thank you for all the effort to create this new server. I'll definetely visit the server when I've got time to play :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Poyer said:

Wonderful! Great idea guys. Also thank you for all the effort to create this new server. I'll definetely visit the server when I've got time to play :)

We need some dutch Poyer Power :download:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23.03.2020 changes:

- added 3 omnibots per team (6 in total);

- changed frostbite to etl_frostbite_v5;

- limited to 1 heavy weapon per team;

- longer maps' time-limits (18-20 minutes);

- changed campaign info;

- removed 1 private slot (22 public and 3 private slots in total);

- added banners at the beginning of each map;

- g_inactivity set to 90;

- removed revive sprees and deathsprees - only killing sprees are shown.

 

 

Edited by Bystry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29.03.2020 changes:

- added banners.lua to print banners in chat area;

- added announcing hp lua;

- added lua for intermission message;

- added lua for shuffle vote block after 3 minutes.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice idea. Playing for fun is ok, but i see that people are very disappointed when somebody "rush" the map and do objective target too early. I will try it today, I hope somebody is playing there except bots :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Cycki z Polski said:

Nice idea. Playing for fun is ok, but i see that people are very disappointed when somebody "rush" the map and do objective target too early. I will try it today, I hope somebody is playing there except bots :)

Hey @Cycki z Polski hope to see you at our campaign server, the server was pretty stacked today and probably will be again tonight between 8 and 11 pm CET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome job guys! I'll try to visit it sometime as I like playing objectives :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cycki z Polski said:

I was there for a while and i definitely need some training in slow-shooting mode, it's really strange and hard after long time of playing much faster xD

Haha! Time to show some skill m8 hope to see you often

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbh I liked this server more then etlegacy one.I was there all night,without lag,good Players,no team bleeders,was having so fun.good job!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 2rk said:

Tbh I liked this server more then etlegacy one.I was there all night,without lag,good Players,no team bleeders,was having so fun.good job!

Thanks for feedback m8! We really appreciate it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2rk said:

Tbh I liked this server more then etlegacy one.I was there all night,without lag,good Players,no team bleeders,was having so fun.good job!


u mean. more "brained" people :umnik:

PS - why 3 fops?

PS2 - nice job guys :):drinks:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, yoshy said:


u mean. more "brained" people :umnik:

PS - why 3 fops?

PS2 - nice job guys :):drinks:

Good tip Yoshi! Need to check that same as the " flamer", these things will be updated today/tomorrow!

Edited by Dmxj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29.03.2020:

- disabled flamethrower;

- field ops limited to max 2 per team.

- added heavyweapon.lua to control heavy weapons, rifle grenades and landmines based on player count on the server. Now if there are less than 10 players (5v5) all heavy weapons, rifle grenades and landmines will be disabled until the player count reaches desirable amount.

:thank_you:

 

Edited by Bystry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 seconds for spawn might be better imo,also every 5 minutes next map reminder would be great.and we need ammo supplies in every maps(Atleast negotiable)...and one more thing, it would be good if we can get engineers clothes/classes when he ded.otherwise we cant defuse dyna because he has to wait spawning 30 secs time to time

Edited by 2rk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, 2rk said:

20 seconds for spawn might be better imo,also every 5 minutes next map reminder would be great.and we need ammo supplies in every maps(Atleast negotiable)...and one more thing, it would be good if we can get engineers clothes/classes when he ded.otherwise we cant defuse dyna because he has to wait spawning 30 secs time to time

Hey m8

I like ur idea of the ammo supplies, we have scripts for a few of our maps and will discuss with the admins about this implement, second thing about changing classes is a no go, we really want to keep our server as pure as possible. Every1 has his own task and we have to work as a team to reach the objective. 
About the reminder of next map, we have banners that will give some info.
Banner 1: Maplist in order of our campaign: 9 white maps - 1 red map (map played at that moment)
Banner 2: Is the whole maplist + info about the next map.


Last but not least we are still testing some spawntimes, a lot of guys like the standard spawntimes, but there is space to change it a bit.

We'll keep you updated!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't had time to play lately but I wish the intermission time was a bit longer for some post-game banter. Maybe this has already been changed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you guys for kind words and we're happy that you like the new server. 

 

10 hours ago, ddifof said:

I haven't had time to play lately but I wish the intermission time was a bit longer for some post-game banter. Maybe this has already been changed.

That's been added to the "TO-DO" list :) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 11:18 PM, 2rk said:

20 seconds for spawn might be better imo,also every 5 minutes next map reminder would be great.and we need ammo supplies in every maps(Atleast negotiable)...and one more thing, it would be good if we can get engineers clothes/classes when he ded.otherwise we cant defuse dyna because he has to wait spawning 30 secs time to time

I don't want to be rude but I do want the admins to get other opinions as well so here it goes: no, just no :D Inserting ammo cabinets would erase a big part of field ops game, which is to decide if you give ammo or use arty/airstrike instead. It would also negate the importance of having at least one fdops in your team in most of the situations and in addition make the rambo medics even more powerful. And I say this as a guy who plays medic 98% of the time. Covering the engineers is also big part of the gameplay so it's supposed to be like that way - if they end up dead & gibbed you're not supposed to just steal their class. Original spawntimes (mostly 30 Axis/20 Allies) is needed in order for this server to be different enough from the bigger server and to reward teams for killing opponents to full spawns. Is spawnkilling allowed "here" by the way?

You guys made an expectional job in creating this server since it's so good already like it is. I personally would prefer to be able to take at least 3 fdops. It would mostly be used just briefly in a situations when the match is extremely close and the Axis side is trying to make a one last push to stop the truck escaping (Supply for example). I don't think you could spam too much with 3 fdops of whom probably all or at least two are just level 1.  The increasing of intermission time by a little is actually a good suggestion, I don't care for the banter too much but it would be nice to be able to get a snack or drink without hurrying since the warmup is quite short as well. The biggest downside for me is that the server isn't stopwatch, although I understand playing same map twice especially when the teams suck might be tiresome for some people. But at the moment for Axis to win especially in some of the maps (Braun, Adler, Delivery etc), their team needs to be totally overpowered.  Those maps very rarely got fullheld among equal levelled teams back when I was playing actively and now there is even more time added to the map. Now defending some map for 18 minutes seems like a failure and people suggest team shuffle after a 13 minute time on Adler.   

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2020 at 12:31 AM, yoshy said:

PS - why 3 fops?

PS2 - nice job guys :):drinks:

Why not? :o Agreed on the latter part!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Lepari said:

I don't want to be rude but I do want the admins to get other opinions as well so here it goes: no, just no :D Inserting ammo cabinets would erase a big part of field ops game, which is to decide if you give ammo or use arty/airstrike instead. 

The main reason why we are discussing this point is because 99% of our players will not start in the first map of the campaign so they have lvl 1 weapons (30 bullets). We want to give those guys the chanse to make a good fight with an even amount of bullets (atleast) 30/30. Thats the only reason why we are thinking about it. But it's far from sure we will introduce this into the server.
 

40 minutes ago, Lepari said:

 The increasing of intermission time by a little is actually a good suggestion, I don't care for the banter too much but it would be nice to be able to get a snack or drink without hurrying since the warmup is quite short as well. 

The intermission time is a bit longer normally but i think we have to disable the "ready" button. If more then 50% of our players press ready the intermission will stop dunno how, but we have to re-evaluate this point.

40 minutes ago, Lepari said:

The biggest downside for me is that the server isn't stopwatch, although I understand playing same map twice especially when the teams suck might be tiresome for some people. But at the moment for Axis to win especially in some of the maps (Braun, Adler, Delivery etc), their team needs to be totally overpowered.  Those maps very rarely got fullheld among equal levelled teams back when I was playing actively and now there is even more time added to the map. Now defending some map for 18 minutes seems like a failure and people suggest team shuffle after a 13 minute time on Adler.   

i follow ur mindset, but i think we should keep this "campaign" mod. In those moments we need some activity and goodwill from our TM members and better players in the server at that moment... I know this is a difficult thing for alot of the players, to balance the teams, but if we can survive corona this should be easy :pleasantry:

 

Thanks anyway for your opinion we really appreciate this.
ps: don't mind my english, i know it's terrible

Edited by Dmxj
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...