Pirates time bonus on delivering first gold crate? yes/no

Pirates time bonus on delivering first gold crate? yes/no  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Pirates time bonus on delivering first gold crate?

• Yes ( current )
    • No

This map is 100% in axis favour. Most of the time allies cant even take a flag, so in my opinion, extra times should not be changed

I checked wrong option :D should checked yes

Edited by lost
  • Like 1

I like the extra time on pirates... but generally across all the maps as it keeps things interesting.

There are a  number of times were allies look dead and buried and could just give up, but extra time offers that little bit of hope. Had an epic game on library with axis dominant in first two stages but then allies got cp up and tank across just in the nick of time and ended up winning with a few seconds to spare... sucked for axis but great game. 

There would have been too much dead time without that chance of extra time to give allies hope.

I would also like an extension on time on last dyno plant... if dyno is planted in normal time... i think the game should go on until it has been detonated or defused... would keep the maps alive right to the last minute... 

When thinking about the situation when allies have possession of only 1 gold crate while the other is still on the ship, the axis defence tends to be split up between the ship and the truck. If allies deliver the first crate, from there on axis will be on a backfoot and won't have an effective defence on either spot anymore and it's easier for allies to control and win. I think the whole map is so challenging for allies until that point though that they deserve that little extra time bonus to help them finish strong. :)

5 hours ago, uips said:

Sudden death would be nice on server but does it work on legacy?  https://github.com/etlegacy/etlegacy/issues/1498

I dont want to say i asked about it, but I did ask for it like 3 years ago :D anyway maybe someone smarter can look into it, because dmn it would make this server even more epic!

For me the real problem is to capture the first flag.

It may be cool to use a satchel with a cover instead of a dyna to blow the gate (like CAEN). So then flag is automaticaly captured.

I like the sudden death script for a public server. Like in rugby, you finish the action and then the game is over.

51 minutes ago, Ralaoups said:

For me the real problem is to capture the first flag.

It may be cool to use a satchel with a cover instead of a dyna to blow the gate (like CAEN). So then flag is automaticaly captured.

I like the sudden death script for a public server. Like in rugby, you finish the action and then the game is over.

Blowing up gate with satchel would be fair if the gate building area would also be bit more hidden around the corner for axis. I would remove the ladder from inside the flag spawn and move it to outside of the building to make going higher ground more challenging for axis and that will even out the playfield in flagspawn-main gate area. But that needs modifiying the map itself.