Legacy Maps [Discussion] Vol 2

You know the drill boys!

We are going to freshen up our maplist a bit,so you may suggest a map whats already suggested before,been on rotation or totally new one!

List what maps we have now: https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760479&section=mappool&mpsortfield=games&mpsortdir=desc

Edited by Matu

Replace erdenberg_b2 with erdenberg_t1 (the one that's used in competition). It has slight modifications and it's better version of this map, mainly because the flag is located downstairs so it's easier for allies during first stage, which can be pretty hard sometimes.

Add night version of supply (alongside standard supply) to add some diversity to the server (supply is the second most popular map after goldrush, another version of goldrush alongside the standard one was added recently and it's working fine, so why not try with supply?)

Much as I don't like Fuel Dump, I think it could stay, but with different mapscript (with spawn at CP for allies during second stage), without that I'd say remove it.

Remove parisbastille and saberpeak. Dubrovnik is almost never played too.

Edited by Bystry

Yes Fueldump needs a different mapscript.
In general "why having different maps on legacy and Beginners at all?"
The target group as well as the played maps seem pretty much the same.

Legacy:
https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760479&section=mappool&mpsortfield=games&mpsortdir=desc

Beginners:
https://et.splatterladder.com/?mod=serverinfo&idx=760769&section=mappool&mpsortfield=games&mpsortdir=desc

The reason for playing legacy or vanilla et, imho is not because of the maps for most players .
i.e. my reason is running 64bit version as default. and 32bit only for special occassions, like lovely Muppet events (because of sdl incompatiblity since leg 2.75).

The new voted maps (Saberpeak, bastille, even bergen) have a hard time getting their support from players, so having Supply night as Alternative is the easyway for slight harmless variety.

One of the nicest games this month was playing transmitter (of course loosing). So please leave it, promote it, i think its a great map for >12 players.
Maybe we should have a Map of the day system, to keep one specific map in vote rotation till its left as only vote (which is not implemented, and maybe is annoying anyways...) :)
To summon up, imo put the map votes of the both servers together, to connect community and keep it easy on our great admins. :cheers:

• Thanks 1

Village / supply night / colloseum / cortex / etl:adlernest we tried but it will be nice if they removed the jungle outside.

Spring is almost here maybe some summer light maps?  Radar summer version etc

ye sure we tried maps like cortex before and failed. But why did it fail? Cause we only had less then 10 players on gamehour. Now we have around 20 - 30 on best moments, sure we can retry some big maps that failed before. 

6 hours ago, Charlie said:

We haven't tried last year's winner yet - Dinkenshirken or something. Maps will need bot support if they have any chance to be added to the server though. 

2018 moty at trackbase was stiglitz (by kemon)

https://et.trackbase.net/map/8424

didnt play it yet, butsounds fun.

9 hours ago, Dmxj said:

@slowtobi

I just tested the map 1h. 

Looks great but its a map for +40ppl...

so we just missed each on the closed legacy server. Did you test it together with other people? I agree it is huge , combat map was open all the time, and lacks any vertical transitions. Imo the forward spawn points are set , to have fighting always in one area of the city (just like venice or marketgarden with 4 parts instead of 2/3).  Anyways its a beautiful piece of radiant art (creativity and dedication), and the Stiglitz is a absolutely unique objective. i 'd give it a chance.

Edited by slowtobi

14 minutes ago, slowtobi said:

so we just missed each on the closed legacy server. Did you test it together with other people? I agree it is huge , combat map was open all the time, and lacks any vertical transitions. Imo the forward spawn points are set , to have fighting always in one area of the city (just like venice or marketgarden with 4 parts instead of 2/3).  Anyways its a beautiful piece of radiant art (creativity and dedication), and the Stiglitz is a absolutely unique objective. i 'd give it a chance.

Nope only with Bystry if its true and always played on one side of a map than its great. The map looks great they putted alot of effort in it and the structures look amazing.

I am avi to test it with more ppl asked all tm members yesterday in legacy server but nobody responsed...

Just to update you guys.

You may have noticed the server crashing a couple of times lately, both when it is full and nearly empty only on Italy. We have had to remove this map from the server as we can't chance the server not crashing when the map loads, especially at peak times.

I liked camping that roof and pushing people off too. Ah well!

Edited by Charlie