Caen gate

Do we want to add this ?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do want to make that fence destroyable by satchel ?

Hey.

Do we have someone who is smart enough to maybe make the gate destroyable via satchel after 1st breach like battery backdoor? Caen has 2 heavy chokepoints for axis and maybe that would help out :)

Edited by Eagle_cz
EDIT: added poll

But the flag capture is not guaranteed by it. It just reduces the tight spots a little. 80% of map is still ahead for axis. Dont forget that in current conf defending allies will spawn faster than it takes for axis to reach even near objective in first part (spawn to flag) and second part (flag to obj). I think we should give it a go because we can always go back to regular settings.

5 hours ago, Voidhead said:

Maybe its possible to make the gate just like the backdoor on battery , need to dyna it once and then you can satchel it when its rebuilt.

This would be perfect.

1 hour ago, mpower said:

This would be perfect.

Must say, I love when non-TM players are willing to share their opinions. :) Very refreshing to see, thank you Mariusz :) 

10 hours ago, Voidhead said:

Maybe its possible to make the gate just like the backdoor on battery , need to dyna it once and then you can satchel it when its rebuilt.

Either this, or the amount of artillery should be decreased. Currently artillery and support follow each other up in such a pace that parts of the map are not possible to cross anymore. In Caen this works out in a stalemate of the first part of the map every time. 

I really like the satchel part! 

Gives the game a bit more depth since somebody has to be a covert ops. Also gives a bigger chance to steal a uniform and open the door of the house (in the beginning and for the obj.) 

I’m kind of torn on this one. Like on a full server yes I’m all for it as allies beginning defence is solid when a lot of people playing. 

Whereas when server is just like 6v6 is I’ll be too easy for covi to blow gate get through steal uniform and get obj so I dunno haha

11 hours ago, PREMEDITATED said:

I’m kind of torn on this one. Like on a full server yes I’m all for it as allies beginning defence is solid when a lot of people playing. 

Whereas when server is just like 6v6 is I’ll be too easy for covi to blow gate get through steal uniform and get obj so I dunno haha

Maybe disable the door like its disabled in Bremen then?

Jess in on about allies getting through the window by "bugging" when the mg is built. Fixed an age ago with magic.

Do you mean the door next to the gate, or the door to the docs building at the end?

14 hours ago, Charlie said:

Jess in on about allies getting through the window by "bugging" when the mg is built. Fixed an age ago with magic.

Do you mean the door next to the gate, or the door to the docs building at the end?

If you were talking to me, then I mean the door to obj.