Soldier weapon bug

Hey.

As we have noticed in our ETL server, soldiers can pick up other soldier weapons (for example mortarguy can pick up dead teammate bazooka) and if you use it wisely then you can snatch whatever weapon out of teammate hand accidentally or in purpose (tested that out on Jess yesterday). Team can actually have even more panzers if they just keep spawning in as soldiers and keep picking up panzers on ground.

Do we want to keep this rotation going or can we do something about it?

3 hours ago, Matu said:

Does same goes for mortar?So basically if you do teamwork then a team can have all players with mortar?that can be a problem.

It goes. Ive seen dual mortars in venice once already. Whatever multiple heavy weapon is a problem. Imagine trying to survive delivery against enemy with 3 flamers and 2 panzers.

11 minutes ago, Svepa said:

I mentioned this a while back and this was the response

https://teammuppet.com/home/forums/topic/17328-legacy-update/?do=findComment&comment=192080 

As i understand it was a bit different story.When a player picked up your weapon,you  spawned without it.

Edited by Matu

5 hours ago, Matu said:

Does same goes for mortar?So basically if you do teamwork then a team can have all players with mortar?that can be a problem.

That sound like big chaos :D

Edited by Ande

2 hours ago, Matu said:

As i understand it was a bit different story.When a player picked up your weapon,you  spawned without it.

Yes that also happens. 

Player 1 chooses panzer

Player 2 standard soldat

Player 2 grabs panzer from the dead player 1

IF they spawn at the same  spawn time it can happen that player 1 looses panzer to player 2. 

And at the same time somehow you can AGAIN choose panzer from the menu even though someone has it already. 

So it's kind of a chaos situation. And I have lived once through it, where I and another player were fighting who will get panzer at spawn.

1 minute ago, MiniMuppet said:

shouldn't it say weapon not available when someone already has it? in limbo?

Yes it should. 

It's a strange situation. 

As explained it happened when I and another player were fighting for it. 

Even though HE was the one who had it initially, I had it after the spawn (when we spawned together at the same time). 

Can't remember exactly (it's some moths back when it happened, I forgot about it until this post)... BUT when we were waiting to be spawned I could choose from the menu panzer even though he had it first.

Well I tried 1 thesis that worked. Spawned with mg42 and @Jessica was panzer. Played few spawns with mg42, then picked up panzer where jess died. I think I spawned soon with it (don't remember if i got it immediatelly as my choice of weapon or I did have to clean few times after him). 

Can we just leave heavy weps on ground and make them unable to be picked up?

3 hours ago, Jessica said:

To make to story compleet : We both had heavy indeed, but I had Bazooka, CTRZ had Panzafaust.

After I died once or twice, My bazooka was gone, and CTRZ had panza. So this explains the topic Svepa mentioned before.

Naah, I picked up panzer first because your zooka was out of ammo. I guess axis panzerman was also dead. Later on, when you noted noobstick differences in brand in /mc chat, I chose zooka from ground and kept using it to see if I'm able to nick it from you. I knew it was possible to use heavy weapons but I didnt know it was possible to "steal them" this way.