Legacy update v2.76-1075-g765ea79

:umnik:

Anyone else experience this? Are you sure it's when someone connects? Is it only when the server is full or all the time? It it only on ETL1 or does it happen on ETL2 too? Has it been since the last Legacy update we did?

Does anything unusual appear when you go in command prompt and type "tracert legacy.teammuppet.com"? (Without the " ")

I'm hopeless with this stuff but I guess the more details the better. I can't say I have experienced this, or noticed it anyway.

17 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

This 'can be' connected with our redirector (iptables prerouting for players connecting via 27960/27964). Will check perf. tables for that...

Maybe try to connect to the origin port 27999 and let me know if u have a same problem. Thx

The port makes no difference. Usually I connect using the ingame server menu but connecting by /connect makes no difference with the issue.

17 hours ago, Charlie said:

:umnik:

Anyone else experience this? Are you sure it's when someone connects? Is it only when the server is full or all the time? It it only on ETL1 or does it happen on ETL2 too? Has it been since the last Legacy update we did?

Does anything unusual appear when you go in command prompt and type "tracert legacy.teammuppet.com"? (Without the " ")

I'm hopeless with this stuff but I guess the more details the better. I can't say I have experienced this, or noticed it anyway.

- Yes I'm sure it is only when someone connects. The demo will show you this.

- Amount of people doesn't matter. Happened yesterday with full server, today the server was about half full.

- Apparently also happens on ETL2, don't play there myself.

- I believe it has been since the last update yes. Several weeks anyway, maybe even a month.

- I don't know what is unusual...

kuva.png.ae6c6722a6c655220361bbcfe95b1098.png

Here are the demo timestamps when someone connects (pay attention to the lagometer, some spikes are smaller than others):

11:38

11:16

10:15

8:50

8:34

lagspikes_supply.dm_84

• Founders

@Sebast1an Your correct, it is when someone connects, it has done it for a while now and it does it regardless of the amount of players on the server. I have checked this and happens on both the Legacy servers on the French box, I have tested the beginners server that runs Nitmod and the same box and there is not issue, I have tested the same build and a previous build of Legacy on a spare box we have I Germany and it does it there also proving that it is a Legacy issue.

That was the easy bit, next is to do a fresh unmodified (latest release) version and test, then add each module separate, unmodified wolf admin, omnibot, scripts etc but that what takes time, once I have completed that then I'll post the results, I hope for the mean time it does not interfere with your game play too much.

• Like 3

• Founders
2 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

both legacy server using WA with IP ban extension

On 6/22/2020 at 6:59 PM, MrMuppet said:

I have tested the same build and a previous build of Legacy on a spare box we have I Germany and it does it there also proving that it is a Legacy issue.

• Founders

With wolf admin, two different locations, two builds all give the same result, next step:

On 6/22/2020 at 6:59 PM, MrMuppet said:

next is to do a fresh unmodified (latest release) version and test, then add each module separate, unmodified wolf admin, omnibot, scripts etc

Proved it is the legacy server, next is to prove which part of the legacy server, wolf admin would be my bet as this is when each client connects but as always when fault finding servers, it needs to be systematic. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe related to the lag spikes, which I also witness upon others connecting - I now sometimes go 999, which afaik did not happen before. Got to reconnect then. Happened for instance ~2020-06-28 22:47 CET, last minute of Supply Depot. Just in case the server logs or something similar could shed light on the reason. Or, if it's just me, it's my internet connection? 

Edit: Happened same time today. Must be something with o2, my internet provider, or the router...

Edited by Oldman

On 6/9/2020 at 12:06 AM, Spyhawk said:

In case you still have too much sanity left, don't hesitate any further, join us!

Although I'm a dev (but not C lang) I would love to become a tester! Cause after work I can't think, however I play often. So at the same time it would be fun and not much o a headache to just play and test new changes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

We think we have fixed the connecting lag please let us know if there still a issue or not. Cheers sorry its taken so long.

This is great news, thank you. If you don't mind me asking, what was the problem?

Thank you, team, for your continuous efforts to make the ETL better and better every day. Your support is highly appreciated by the whole community!

:)

Kind regards,

.n4x

• 4 months later...

Actual build has some issues, like sometimes needle sign is not above dead players (dont have demo yet). But for the more funny ones attached a small one.
If you /follow someone, somewhen it just looses focus on the player. Following stops but name and weapon is still visible. And you can fly in freemode.

Looks like sebastian has decent new hacks :)

2020-11-13-212733-rushers11.jpeg

Edited by slowtobi

^ lol

Just something I noticed today (you most likely know all these already):

- Gibbing is bugged

- When someone is revivable, the needle on top of them disappears regularly. Smoke hides it but also happens without any obstructions.

- The objective mark on top of the carrier disappears even with the lightest smoke. Also used to disappear behind other players but I'm not sure if this is still the case.

Some things I noticed:

Often times reviveable teammates are launched right after dying, into the air and are stuck there

Revive hitbox seems far off, loads of missstabbing your needle in someones body

Prone is bugged. Players are often stuck to the ground and even able to crouch trough walls 

2 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

We have put the server back to the build from Sept due to connection issues and bugs.

That's probably sensible. I promised Arnaud I'd investigate some bugs, so I guess I'll have to set up the latest build at home (which will probably make it easier, to be honest).

I'm scouring through a bunch of demos I've taken on TM ETL over the past 2 days and trying to note all the bugs with appropriate surrounding context. It is.. tedious.