why did you ban me for 1 year ??

:(  did you really ban me for an entire year ?

my mistake was to make a stupid joke about talibans , i reckon it . Does it really warrant a full year ban ?

Pls unban me or at least commute it to a month ban . if you unban me i swear to not do anymore jokes about talibans .

4 hours ago, azerty said:

my mistake was to make a stupid joke about talibans , i reckon it . Does it really warrant a full year ban ?

A year ago, I would have given you 2nd chance. But you really gotta live under a rock to not understand what is going on and to make jokes on times like these. I would warrant you even 5 year ban. Play elsewhere where people with such low empathy and understanding of world is welcomed.

1 hour ago, Ctrz said:

A year ago, I would have given you 2nd chance. But you really gotta live under a rock to not understand what is going on and to make jokes on times like these. I would warrant you even 5 year ban. Play elsewhere where people with such low empathy and understanding of world is welcomed.

Do you really think that not making jokes about that situation would improve whats going on ??

I do have empathy but i exercise my empathy in the real world when i'm facing desperate people in need . I do not pretend to be a saint like you . Acting like you is just hypocrisy , im sure you think you are some kind of a good guy but let me assure you that at the end of the day your actions brings absolutely no change in the world .

45 minutes ago, azerty said:

Do you really think that not making jokes about that situation would improve whats going on ??

I do have empathy but i exercise my empathy in the real world when i'm facing desperate people in need . I do not pretend to be a saint like you . Acting like you is just hypocrisy , im sure you think you are some kind of a good guy but let me assure you that at the end of the day your actions brings absolutely no change in the world .

And do you think that making those jokes would improve the situation?

At the end of the day, the people you play in the server with are humans and may even have any relatives that are currently living in Afganistan in trouble. You ever tought about that before taking a piss? Its not just beeing saint or not - we expect grown-up mentality and decency from both our members and guests. That at least they know what are things you can or cannot joke about. If you are unable of beeing in shared space and respecting other people - then you have no business in TM servers, discord or elsewhere.

Beeing respectful towards others is one of the main rules and principles. 

The way you went from original post promising "if you unban me i swear to not do anymore jokes about talibans " to "Do you really think that not making jokes about that situation would improve whats going on ?? " shows that you really dont care or understand what you did and dont wanna improve.

Feel free to go in some bot filled server, crack your jokes there and dont come back to any server where real people play. People who behave like this are disgrace to ET community.

If the only change that my actions bring to this world is isolating behaviour like this from TM community then I'll damn sure will work towards it.

Edited by Ctrz
because I care.

Ok ok ok !

I promise to not make any more bad taste jokes !

Pls commute my 1 year ban to a week ban or maybe 3 weeks ban so i dont lose all the prestige points i gathered !!!

Come on ! just unban me and at the first infraction you can ban me forever .

Dont be unneccessiraly  cruel !

World situation is so bad at Afganistan at the moment.. That anykind of "jokes " about that countrys people ISNT OK. Because there s so many who suffer about the situation.. And nowadays it can spread other countries too during the time..

7 hours ago, azerty said:

s commute my 1 year ban to a week ban or maybe 3 weeks ban so i dont lose all the prestige points i gathered !!!

Come on ! just unban me and at the first infraction you can ban me forever .

Dont be unneccessiraly  cruel !

You are not even understanding what you did wrong. That is so sad. 😕

Classical case where you are appealing not because you were wrongly accused or regret what you did. Oh no - your only regret lies in the fact that you got caught.

There is no need for fortune telling to know from life experience that you will not change the manner of how you behave but just be more careful and make jokes like this again.  But this time only just when no admin or TM member or vocal community member is around.

For me the first infraction was already over the top and I wouldn't give you any leeway or easing on this.

I'm not going to pretend I would lose any sleep over the situation in Afghanistan but you have to understand the situation is a bit touchy at the moment so maybe joking about it was in poor taste. You don't seem that sorry though, you're just worried about your prestige points. As Ctrz put it rather nicely: your only regret is you got caught.

This topic made me curious about what you said that warranted the ban though. Any chance an admin could show it to us?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sebast1an said:

I'm not going to pretend I would lose any sleep over the situation in Afghanistan but you have to understand the situation is a bit touchy at the moment so maybe joking about it was in poor taste. You don't seem that sorry though, you're just worried about your prestige points. As Ctrz put it rather nicely: your only regret is you got caught.

This topic made me curious about what you said that warranted the ban though. Any chance an admin could show it to us?

I said something about how afghanistan would make an interesting touristic destination because you got to experience unique cultural practices like woman stoning for adultery ......

yes it is an insensitive dumb thing to say but unfortunately factually true . 

Well, a joke, however stupid, not funny or provocative, is still a joke.
Let us not confuse an ill-considered joke, however stupid it may be, with deliberate malice
or laughing at other people's miseries.
Let's try not to go to extremes. We all.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, divine_one said:

Let us not confuse an ill-considered joke, however stupid it may be, with deliberate malice

yeah .... they chose to ban me for 1 year instead .

They could ban me for 1 month or mute me for 3 months but no .... 😢 it's like if Mexico attacked one random border town and the US army use a nuclear bomb on Mexico city afterward .

Total lack of proportionality from the admins.

And why dont Jessica answer ? Is she not the main admin of the Et Legacy server ?

Jess just isn't online atm so you can deal with me I suppose :) 

I honestly feel like keeping you banned after reading this lol, but I'll unban you. No more of these jokes alright? I'll unleash Jess's fury on you if we find you do!

Spoiler

in taliban territory we banned votes , it s useless and distract from essential things like women stoning and gay executions

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, azerty said:

Thanks Charlie , you are a fair admin (total opposite of Ctrz ...).

I won't do these kind of jokes anymore , i promise .

Let's see what your word is worth then.

On 8/22/2021 at 12:45 AM, divine_one said:

I disagree. A racist joke, for instance, isn't just a joke. It's a joke that deliberately 'punches down,' encourages disrespect or worse.

Making light of the situation in Afghanistan is pretty much punching down at this point. 'It's just a joke' isn't a defence against anything.

I recently got to have a long chat with a guy from Afghanistan whose family is over there and terrified, he has no idea when he will be able to contact them again or when he will be able to send them money to get out of the country. It's heartbreaking.

• Thanks 1