Legacy needs a bigger boat

20 minutes ago, StaR said:

*Yells from the corner* CORTEX 

Geez we're not deaf my man :P

Also real men would play Minas Tirith (this one is for you Charlie :D

Edited by Rogan
  • Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 10:07 AM, Dmxj said:

But the main problem is still here. 2 different grushes, yesterday we had those 2 maps right after each other. And for april we need some biggers imo. 

Please, put in in this topic, so we have everything together

https://teammuppet.eu/home/forums/topic/17313-legacy-maps-discusion-3-march-2019/

• 2 weeks later...

I would definetly set a time limit for spectators nothing is more annoying to play against bunch of bots while 6+ people are in spectator i understand that in order to get players you need to ''seed'' the server but better seed by playing than just be on spec and leave to do something else. this will kill the server in the LONG run when same people are always spectating my suggestion is a time limit of 15 mins aka one round then kickout remember its 40 slot server and in peak times people might want to join up but specs are blocking their way of enter. 

side note same thing for AFKers time limit of 1 mins before put to spec. 

Got the discussion today on the server about kicking specs. @Ctrz handled it great. In parallel we had the discussion about another ETL server on discord. I dont like the idea of kicking specs, and dont like the idea of having just another ETL Server.. But maybe another server with another "theme"  would be helpful (if we want to push ETL).  I.e. having all the Standard maps on one and more special maps for the curious players on the other. This would solve 2 discussions with one solution. Tbh 30 players playing is too much for me on the Standard maps (each one tries to kill me at least twice).

On 3/29/2019 at 5:40 PM, Meagain said:

side note same thing for AFKers time limit of 1 mins before put to spec. 

I can agree with that. Staying inactive should be limited up to 1 min then auto spec.

Many times i have seen at least 3 inactive players in one team what makes them unbalanced a lot.

14 hours ago, slowtobi said:

Got the discussion today on the server about kicking specs. @Ctrz handled it great. In parallel we had the discussion about another ETL server on discord. I dont like the idea of kicking specs, and dont like the idea of having just another ETL Server.. But maybe another server with another "theme"  would be helpful (if we want to push ETL).  I.e. having all the Standard maps on one and more special maps for the curious players on the other. This would solve 2 discussions with one solution. Tbh 30 players playing is too much for me on the Standard maps (each one tries to kill me at least twice).

Lack of space on our main server is slowly becoming a problem (not long ago we could only dream about it...), but remembering what happened to our ETpub, where some players left for the Beginners server, I have some fears about running the second ETL. Instead of one server full of people, we can have two almost empty.

However TM is becoming more and more popular theese days and maybe, just maybe we will have to think about running a second ETL server in the near future?

Running a second legacy server would be a difficult and important decision - on one hand, you have a full and even over-crowded one legacy server so there's the possibility that players will split between two servers and TM will have instead two half-empty servers.

On the other hand we should take into consideration the possibility that with legacy becoming more and more popular, players will start populating other ETL servers. So the question is whether the admins want to keep the one server nice and full or take the risk and start populating a second server before new players start filling other servers that belong to competition, which for now remain empty. 

1 hour ago, Eagle_cz said:

2nd ET:L server isn't the way which i want to follow for now. Instead of that I'm going to try to write lua for kicking specs inactive more than hour... will see if this will help or not.

I like that pace. If that works then we can see if 1 hour is the time we need or it should be shorter. :) 

First thing that we can improve is to make sure that TM members would use pvt slots if server is over 30 ppl. :) That helps to "add" 4 slots.
And I dont think we need 2nd server. We can keep 1 server running and happy and its good. Summertime is also more quiet as people go to holidays or go outdoors.. right now is one of the most active times when weather can be nasty and people stay indoors and play. :) 

C#

• Like 1