Even teams message

@Eagle_cz, is it possible also to send /mc even teams up! message or add some sound to it? When Im in spec or dead, I notice the message. But when I play mg42 or sniper, I dont notice that static text at all..

@Jaime also said he dont notice those things without sound or smth.

4 hours ago, oliveira pt said:

my own opinion is every clan member knows the rules sense the trial but it seem they forgett after the trial passes dunno why

good observation. but I can still name some members, who join and even out teams very well and (hopefully) do that with joy.

I can figure that the message CAN go unseen if you pay attention to something else ingame at that time, but not always. Maybe we could better the situation by making sound if teams are uneven or notice bit better. I dont think we should do fast and automatic evener - we still do have some sort of responsibility :) . One of the biggest concern for me are the beginning of maps. Teams are usually uneven in numbers (because usually losing team loses 2-4 players) and there are usually at least 1-2 AFK beginning of map once in every five maps. That also makes teams uneven and unbalances map. Maybe bit longer warmup time? Maybe shuffle at the beginning of every map? Dont know.. what are your ideas?

The even of teams is only a responsibility as it's part of the rules, however I personally don't see how it helps, whereas auto even is the best way.

Been countless games during the day where i've been swapping between allies and axis alot in the same game because of people leaving, in the end I left the game as I simply couldn't be bothered to keep swapping as it was ruining the game and fun for me :(

Edited by Svepa

3 hours ago, Ctrz said:

One of the biggest concern for me are the beginning of maps. Teams are usually uneven in numbers (because usually losing team loses 2-4 players) and there are usually at least 1-2 AFK beginning of map once in every five maps. 

At the moment this is the most importand part when TM members need to even.This is where we need to swap or shuffle.

2 hours ago, Svepa said:

The even of teams is only a responsibility as it's part of the rules, however I personally don't see how it helps, whereas auto even is the best way.

Been countless games during the day where i've been swapping between allies and axis alot in the same game because of people leaving, in the end I left the game as I simply couldn't be bothered to keep swapping as it was ruining the game and fun for me :(

Agree.No need to swap teams in the middle of the map if teams equally strong b4 someone leaves-autobalance working perfectly atm.I also lately stopped swapping/evening teams in the middle of the map(if its not really needed) becouse its ridicilous to swap 4 times per map.Instead i stand in spawn or somewhere hidden until autobalance do his job,then i continue playing.Maybe im lame but i dont enjoy my win if it feels like cheating.-This is my solution to me not official admins opinion and i think our rules of evening is bit outdated becouse we didnt had working autobalance back then and so crowded server.

• Founders

You should swap based on your skill and whether you think you will make a difference to the other team. You don't need to move every time teams are uneven. However if you were in a stronger team i would expect to see you move teams or ask a stronger play to move.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matu said:

Agree.No need to swap teams in the middle of the map if teams equally strong b4 someone leaves-autobalance working perfectly atm.I also lately stopped swapping/evening teams in the middle of the map(if its not really needed) becouse its ridicilous to swap 4 times per map.Instead i stand in spawn or somewhere hidden until autobalance do his job,then i continue playing.Maybe im lame but i dont enjoy my win if it feels like cheating.-This is my solution to me not official admins opinion and i think our rules of evening is bit outdated becouse we didnt had working autobalance back then and so crowded server.

I'm glad someone finally said it. I agree completely. No need to dramatize when there's a autobalancer working just fine. :ok:

Edited by Bystry

2 hours ago, Matu said:

....and i think our rules of evening is bit outdated becouse we didnt had working autobalance back then and so crowded server.

It is working, but I wouldnt just rely on it and do noghint because it only balances out the playernumbers. If it would balance out so that teams SR or some rating would be equal - I would trust this more. Nowadays, we just throw around the last person who joined.

2 hours ago, MiniMuppet said:

You should swap based on your skill and whether you think you will make a difference to the other team. You don't need to move every time teams are uneven. However if you were in a stronger team i would expect to see you move teams or ask a stronger play to move.

Mini, i love your reasoning and fully agree. Hope to live long enough to see a day when its not a rare coincidence but a trend.

--

I know we all would love nice and working automatic solutions, but since this system still has its learning curve (some people dont have SR value, some have way too high or low to their actual skill level etc) we should be a good host and try to make playing enjoyable to our guests and ourselves also. Nothing wrong with also swapping with someone etc. 

Edited by Ctrz

well, i will try to stay 'polite' and focused on main topic ... True is that many players playing just for fun. Same with members. We have a lot of rules, best practises and so and some kind of hierarchy... Mostly we all arguring and telling to others what is correct and what is not but not so many members tried to think about what they can do more for the community. This is one part of the strory. You will enjoy the game when your team will win or you will enjoy the game becouse you playing that ? This is game, game for fun. Let's start from each other. Any kind of rules, penalities, or messages will not solve main problem. We need listen, talk to each other, think and respect each other.  That''s all. So no, not from me, any other script or rules that will force somehow to swap or balance based on SR, XP or whatever will not work and I will not implement that kind of script. Hopefully it's clear now. And yes, I fully understand to  Seto's speech ... But my opinion is different.... peace! ...just my 2 cents...

8 hours ago, Eagle_cz said:

well, i will try to stay 'polite' and focused on main topic ... True is that many players playing just for fun. Same with members. We have a lot of rules, best practises and so and some kind of hierarchy... Mostly we all arguring and telling to others what is correct and what is not but not so many members tried to think about what they can do more for the community. This is one part of the strory. You will enjoy the game when your team will win or you will enjoy the game becouse you playing that ? This is game, game for fun. Let's start from each other. Any kind of rules, penalities, or messages will not solve main problem. We need listen, talk to each other, think and respect each other.  That''s all. So no, not from me, any other script or rules that will force somehow to swap or balance based on SR, XP or whatever will not work and I will not implement that kind of script. Hopefully it's clear now. And yes, I fully understand to  Seto's speech ... But my opinion is different.... peace! ...just my 2 cents...

All good :) My original idea was to make "uneven teams" notification ingame bit more obvious.

I dont understand your point why or with who you are arquing ,with what part you disagree and why you take my sentence out of the context Seto.

12 hours ago, Ctrz said:

Mini, i love your reasoning and fully agree. Hope to live long enough to see a day when its not a rare coincidence but a trend.

This statement totally surprice me.

Lately i have putted some extra time and attention to shit talkers,hackers,eveners,trials,crashes and other things.In my opinion we have the best times ever what goes to even/evening teams.

Its based from observation in server,logs, on my personal feeling that i can enjoy playing in server lately,mostly with reasonable even teams.I havent got not a single complaints long time against anyone from you or anyone else for that.But if im wrong,then i must doing it wrong and reconsider of being an juniorA.

If we drop the server crashes lately its defo the best server and clan to be atm imo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Matu said:

I dont understand your point why or with who you are arquing ,with what part you disagree and why you take my sentence out of the context Seto. 

It's kinda what he does or likes to do, if you haven't noticed yet :D 

Edited by Bystry

On 9/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, Bystry said:

It's kinda what he does or likes to do, if you haven't noticed yet :D 

Are we gonna list somewhere things you like to do?

On 9/20/2019 at 12:15 PM, Matu said:

Lately i have putted some extra time and attention to shit talkers,hackers,eveners,trials,crashes and other things.In my opinion we have the best times ever what goes to even/evening teams.

if you say so, then it must be so. Ive seen some improvement but yet some way to go when we have logical system for people to know what to do, when teams are uneven in numbers or by skill. 

--

but it seems my orignal point were overlooked so I find now 0 point to even continue this conversation.